Better Album: ARTPOP or Joanne

Carmex

Better Album: ARTPOP or Joanne  

550 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is superior?

• ARTPOP
    • Joanne

Featured Posts

ARTPOP gives me feelings and creativity to express my thoughts. It's her most artistic album. The videos are full of power, beauty and expression. :bye:

Joanne is a country album. You have to like country to like it (I didn't like country till Gaga changed my opinion a bit). She changed country out of nowhere to mainstream (A lot of radio stations are playing it). Joanne is selling a bit less than ARTPOP (so far). :sure:

I prefer ARTPOP just cause I like pop/electronic more than country. Also the videos I like more( exception for John Wayne and the dancing PI parts)

Maybe if DIC becomes a summer smash hit(which I do not really believe but hopefully hope), it will maybe change my opinion. (I know I look at the charts but when friends and the majority are listening to it, it will be more central in my life) (BTW sry for my English)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser

Joanne, by a mile, in my opinion. More consistent, brings something new, successfully explores new genres for Gaga, better writing, less pretentious, more spontaneous and natural.

SpookyKid

Joanne, It's my 2nd favorite behind BTW

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

SpookyKid
9 minutes ago, Leollo said:

Joanne is a country album.

Joanne it's not a country album, it's a pop album

holy scheisse

Such a hard choice. I  voted Joanne because of Joanne, Perfect Illusion, Million Reasons & Angel Down though. 

I love ARTPOP but it's not as emotionally provocative as Joanne. It's definitely better though if I want to listen to a more carefree party album! 

musicnotbling
9 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

Joanne it's not a country album, it's a pop album

yes, you are correct, but it has a country feel to it. it's more of a folk pop than an electronic/dance pop like ARTPOP, obviously lol.

KingOfSpain

ARTPOP OUTSOLD

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

SpookyKid
4 minutes ago, ladygragra said:

yes, you are correct, but it has a country feel to it. it's more of a folk pop than an electronic/dance pop like ARTPOP, obviously lol.

BTW has a rock feel but it doesn't make it a rock album tho :P 

ARTGOD
1 hour ago, monsterdino said:

wait?

Before Joanne came out everybody said on here that ARTPOP is Gaga's worst album, and now ARTPOP got more votes does this mean that u guys think that Joanne is Gaga's worst?? If so you guys are so ****ing delusional

No, they think it's her second best album, after ARTPOP :giggle:

1 hour ago, kevindjibouti said:

NO.

ARTPOP's production is horrible

ARTPOP has no vocals except for DWUW

It's ok if you love the melodies more, but I don't agree

The ARTPOP Gaga was a total mess, she thought she was God, and the fact she was on drugs made her face look terrible sometimes

ARTPOP's production is top notch, colorful, intricate, overall well balanced, easily her best produced album, the only thing that could be said is that a little more dynamic range would have been nice

Honey...  every song has amazing vocals, and she overall has better technique on the album, she compromises better technique for rawness on Joanne. The only reason people think Joanne has better vocals is because they are louder in the mix and the instrumentals are quieter in general, this creates the illusion of more powerful vocals, that's why people with no music knowledge can hear a singer belt for the gods on an EDM beat but don't recognize their singing talent until she's singing over just a piano.

The ARTPOP Gaga is the best Gaga, it's Gaga as an artist at its finest and came off as even more honest than Joanne, since with Joanne she's making an effort to show us her vulnerability, in ARTPOP it just naturally came through because of all the things she was going through.

musicnotbling
4 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

BTW has a rock feel but it doesn't make it a rock album tho :P 

i know, like i said, it's got a country feel. i never said it WAS a country album, you got the wrong person baby ;)

WildAmerican

Joanne: It's more cohesive. Every song is beautiful and impactful. ARTPOP is a bit of a mess. Tracks 6 and 9-12 I don't even ever really go back to. IMO of course :hor:

Gagadonna

I'm shook at all those voting ARTPOP.

On the one hand, ARTPOP is disorganised, messy and sometimes trash. When the album provides some potential with one track, the next track destroys that potential. We have a multitude of different themes and sonorities with ARTPOP which do not really fit together in the end. The album quality is really average: there are some brilliant songs like ARTPOP, Applause, Venus, Do What U Want, but there are very bad, cringeworthy songs as well like Swine and Donatella. The album is supposed to be a spiritual and artistic expedition, but it sometimes make Gaga seem ridiculous by its lack of humility and realism, which is why everything Gaga planned for ARTPOP turned into a flop (not talking about sales). I'm bashing ARTPOP because I know what Gaga is capable of. I did still enjoy the album and is one of my favourite because of the memories.

On the other hand, Joanne is cohesive, coherent and solid. Gaga started the album really down-to-earth with minimalistic visuals and performances, but eventually rose like a phoenix. The album themes are present throughout the albums apart from a few songs (including Dancin' in Circles): family, friends, suffering and recovery. The album is made up of real music instruments and raw vocals without electronic arrangements, and the album making process provided Gaga with much more freedom than ARTPOP. Joanne is much more realistic and simplistic than its predecessor, but Gaga did manage to achieve her initial plans with this album because of that. 

I'm gonna choose Joanne without any doubt... but considering Joanne would have never happened without ARTPOP's relative failure. If ARTPOP was an utter success, she would have never questionned herself and taken stock of the situation. 

SpookyKid
9 minutes ago, ladygragra said:

i know, like i said, it's got a country feel. i never said it WAS a country album, you got the wrong person baby ;)

Wow, defensive much? I wasn't attacking you, I was saying, as the person I first quoted said it was country and I said it was pop, you quoted me saying 

19 minutes ago, ladygragra said:

I'm just saying, the fact it has a "feel" doesn't mean it is, and I used BTW as an example, baby ;) 

Archived