Joanne has more substance and its just better, more relatable!! Sorry ARTPOP

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starbucks

Joanne for the theme, ARTPOP for the bops :lolly:

Your everyday cups of kindness

Bebe

Joanne, but if ARTPOP had consistently stuck to it's EDM sound and refused to detour for songs like Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, and J&D then I would have prefered ARTPOP.

I listen to Aura and hear the incredible album ARTPOP could have been - sticking to her electropop roots while taking the production to a more complicated and fresh level and just experimenting with EDM sounds. It sounds adventurous, it sounds different to what everyone else was doing.

By the time you reach Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE it kinda nosedives. I'm not saying they are bad songs - just that I wish they were not on ARTPOP, it's this total change in direction and the production is just less exciting. DWUW is one of my favourite Gaga songs, I may have forgiven DWUW and ARTPOP (the title track) for not following the EDM soundscape and for giving us a little break in the middle if the rest of the songs had picked up where we left off after that break.

It picks up again at Swine, Donatella is messy lyrically but could be more easily forgiven if the rest of the tracks all followed the EDM soundscape she could have created. Fashion is fine as a song, but again breaks away from the EDM sound. Dope seems totally out of place, it feels like it's there because she needs a ballad every album.

If she had a more consistent sound, I actually think the critical reviews would have been far more favourable. I certainly would have enjoyed the album more.

With Joanne, it's a nice detour from where she has gone musically before. It's refreshing to hear her sing with unedited vocals, often done in one take and play around a bit with her tone. It's also easy listening and there isn't a song that I dislike or a song that I would take out of the album. There are points where I wish she had explored certain sounds a little deeper, but I appreciate it for what it is.

The Fame Monster

Omg, it's even now. 24 votes for both.

For me, Joanne is a far better album. 

Find your freedom in the music

Panchecco

Considering the whole era, the concept of the albums, how it was executed and the themes and vibes of the songs I'd say Joanne

Considering which album is more exciting, colorful, fun and interesting I'd say ARTPOP

monketsharona

ARTPOP was more daring than Joanne 

And to be honest I'm already bored of Joanne's music while it took years to get bored of ARTPOP.

so to me : ARTPOP >>>>>>> Joanne

Lucas

ARTPOP is more ambitious and creative than Joanne, the music on both album is on some songs good and on some songs horrible.

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

ARTPOP is more ambitious and creative than Joanne, the music on both album is on some songs good and on some songs horrible.

That's it ! to me both ARTPOP and Joanne are not her best so...

I'm still rooting for the Holy Trinity : The Fame / The Fame Monster / Born This Way :firega:

Irrelevant

Joanne is more well put together, better production overall, better lyrics

ARTPOP is messy af. But it's different, and that's what stands out to me :poot:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

macca

How is this even a question?! ARTPOP is obviously far superior. There is not one epic bop on Joanne. :madge: ARTPOP has many.

Abramovic

I rather have an album with bad parts on it than an album which is just too consistent. Joanne is not a bad album but I think she made it too pleasant... (except Hey Girl) 

ARTPOP was full of surprises, highs and lows. I love that because it shows her will to create something new or different. Although I think it was a good move for Gaga to create Joanne because it shows her in a different light for the general public. My mum for example is really impressed by a bunch of songs from Joanne and she does not like her :D 

666 others

Free my mind, ARTPOP

You make my heart stop :wub:.

f7b9b7c40f210d82b7c4adbe51a2591f.jpg

I love Joanne too. :sara:

:holyshit:

Archived