1. 1. Which album is superior?

• ARTPOP
    • Joanne

Featured Posts

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diamond Heart

Joanne is the better album, more consistent in its themes and execution. 
However imo ARTPOP has better high points (and more low points) than Joanne.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

StarryNight

They are so different that it's hard to compare them like that, but I would say that ARTPOP have individually better songs while Joanne is better as a whole body of work.

2 minutes ago, Diamond Heart said:

Joanne is the better album, more consistent in its themes and execution. 
However imo ARTPOP has better high points (and more low points) than Joanne.

But the album feels butchered by overproduction of tracks like Sex Dreams and MANiCURE. :huh: The only highs on ARTPOP for me are Do What U Want, Mary Jane Holland, Gypsy and Applause. Fashion! is a cute album track as well but nothing special. I sorta like Dope, too.

2 minutes ago, StarryNight said:

They are so different that it's hard to compare them like that, but I would say that ARTPOP have individually better songs while Joanne is better as a whole body of work.

The filler on ARTPOP is very transparent, while Joanne feels somewhat short but solid.

Diamond Heart
Just now, Carmex said:

But the album feels butchered by overproduction of tracks like Sex Dreams and MANiCURE. :huh: The only highs on ARTPOP for me are Do What U Want, Mary Jane Holland, Gypsy and Applause. Fashion! is a cute album track as well but nothing special. I sorta like Dope, too.

Thats 2 songs though, that doesnt make a bad album. the only songs i think are 'over-produced' are SD, Aura & Donatella.  

Joanne doesnt have a single bad song, and they are all well produced and crafted, her voice is the best its ever sounded. 

BUT 
there isnt a song on Joanne that is as good as Do What U Want, and there isnt a song on Joanne as terrible as J&D or Dope. ARTPOP has better highs and more lower lows.

So for me 
Joanne > ARTPOP 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Magneto

I actually made a personal analysis on my preference a while ago. You can find your answer there. *Insert self promo*

Free my mind

Fiona Apple

Joanne is more consistent.It doesn't have any great parts but it doesn't have any horrible parts either.It's also way more simple and boring

ARTPOP on the other hand has surprisingly horrible parts and amazing parts.It's also complicated,directionless and messy that destroys any chance of being cohensive but makes it interesting and enjoyable

I guess I prefer ARTPOP because it's more interesting and I still like songs from this album.I don't even listen to Joanne anymore.

1 minute ago, Diamond Heart said:

Thats 2 songs though, that doesnt make a bad album. the only songs i think are 'over-produced' are SD, Aura & Donatella.  

Joanne doesnt have a single bad song, and they are all well produced and crafted, her voice is the best its ever sounded. 

BUT 
there isnt a song on Joanne that is as good as Do What U Want, and there isnt a song on Joanne as terrible as J&D or Dope. ARTPOP has better highs and more lower lows.

So for me 
Joanne > ARTPOP 

Half of the album sounds overproduced, though. It aged like milk! And uh, Joanne has Perfect Illusion, darling. :giggle:

Xoxo Adriana

Everyone still hasn't gotten over ARTPOP:giggle: but I sure have and I pick Joanne:sure:

Sorcerer

The one with 67 in Metacritic :giggle:

Spoiler

I really like Joanne more. It is more consistent, have a clearer direction and music, than the supposed to be concept album ARTPOP. ARTPOP makes me feel exhausted after listening to its entirety.

3 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I actually made a personal analysis on my preference a while ago. You can find your answer there. *Insert self promo*

No poll no care!

Fiona Apple
2 minutes ago, LM said:

no

No,I am not the person that will praise an album competely just because it's Gaga if that's what you looking for. I find Swine a horrible song,I find sexxx dreams,MANiCURE badly produced and average. Aura is an amazing song but the vocals on the verses (on the studio version) are just bad. Also Fashion! and Donatella despite being kinda fun are absolutely random are ruin any direction that the album has. Dope is meh... Let's not pretend like the album doesn't have mistakes

Archived