Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

-

Pop Art

Featured Posts

Pop Art

-

ElectricAlley

Well, gaga is playing a struggling singer in modern times, so it makes sense that it would be pop. I'm thinking a real classic pop sound with jazz influences.

donutellha

Honestly, I have high hopes for this as it shows her more mature roots that aren't jazz related.

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

kvnrp
5 minutes ago, E R O S said:

but more pop than Joanne

How? :oprah:

Joanne is a full-blown pop album, just in the second half of it it has a ton more country/ballad influences.

Just because it uses almost exclusively real instruments doesn't make it "less pop".

1 minute ago, ElectricAlley said:

Well, gaga is playing a struggling singer in modern times, so it makes sense that it would be pop. I'm thinking a real classic pop sound with jazz influences.

I would not be surprised if we hear early The Fame/Red and Blue/Just Another Day type songs.

OMonster

I don't think this'll happen.Β 

I am almost certain that she is going to bring out a pop EP by the end of this year. I don't think it will have a tour, though.Β 

I really think it's going to happen... and a lot signals to it, too.Β 

subtext / fantasy

Delulu Rogers

well like someone else said, maybe the soundtrack will be killer pop songs in order for her to make her mainstream breakthrough so it could be lg6

weed

I want 2 more (pop?) albums before 2020 πŸ˜©πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

So she will forever have that record of most #1 albums in a decade among women (or everyone?Β :diane:)

Pop Art

-

Panchecco

I think it's pointless to pretend that ASIB is LG6

I honestly don't get why we can't just be excited for Gaga's first big movie role without having to costantly ask her for a new album

she literally just gave us Joanne, you can't wait for a few years and let her do other things?Β 

kvnrp
Just now, E R O S said:

It's definitely pop, just...not the level of pop music one would expect from Gaga, especially for a 2016 release. I love Joanne so this isn't a diss or anything.

Well, for a 2016/2017 style Pop album, she needed to turn to Sia and some one-hit-wonder DJ for those tropical beats :emma:

BTW didn't really fit into 2011 as well, as EDM was everywhere and then Gaga comes along with a ton of Rock influences, but it still was a pop album.

Pop music is a broad genre :lana:

Coming from C2C and the We-Love-Her-Again-Era, I think Joanne is the right album at the right time.
Just a shame that no one really seems to care :noparty:

stir the pot
28 minutes ago, E R O S said:

The way I see it, Gaga will have no time for a new album between now and the end of the year, what with ASIB filming and the tour. On top of that, she will likely be promoting the movie a lot during it's release (slated for September 2018) and perhapsΒ until the Oscars (so,Β from August/September 2018-February 2019). I really don't see a whole new pop eraΒ (with a tour and everything) coming out in the timeframe between all that (January 2018-August 2018), but I also don't want to think that it's gonna be two full years from this point that we might have to wait for another Gaga album. :giveup:Β So then it hit me...what if the ASIB soundtrack is "Gaga" enough to effectivelyΒ be LG6? Although my understanding of ASIB is limited, if I'm correct, each remake uses an entirely different music genre, so why can't Gaga's version be pop? Not necessarily dance-pop, but more pop than Joanne, for instance. This would effectively satiate our desires for new pop music from her while also serving the movie's cause. Not saying this would happen, but it's the best case scenario in my opinion. Thoughts?

I'm expecting a "I Will Always Love You" kind of songs from ASIB soundtrack.

monketsharona

Pretty sure ASIB won't be promoted a lot, it will probably only serve for the movie and promoting the whole thing. And Lady Gaga probably won't be on every tracks (even if she's handling the whole project)

Generally a movie lasts weeks / months (if it is successful) in theaters so don't expect a long promo for this.

ASIB will probably be a side project (which may help her to grab some nominations at big awards shows). But I wouldn't be surprised if she's already started to work on next album / EPΒ or something. Don't forget Gaga ALWAYS starts working on next album when she's in the middle of an era.

stir the pot
15 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

I think it's pointless to pretend that ASIB is LG6

Agreed.

16 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

I honestly don't get why we can't just be excited for Gaga's first big movie role without having to costantly ask her for a new album

Exactly. Let's not be too greedy with asking for another album when Gaga is serving us something that we should be excited about. I mean, it's a BIG movie, duh.

19 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

she literally just gave us Joanne, you can't wait for a few years and let her do other things?Β 

Joanne is still slaying me so hard. And Million Reasons is not yet over and probably it will still be the single until June.

Β 

If the soundtrack is as good as a stand-alone as in the movie, then it could be.

anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon

Pop Art

-

Archived