đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Jessica Lange leave Horror Story because of Gaga's involvement?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

I just saw the pilot episode of Feud: Bette and Joan.

and I just can't help but to think that Lange doesn't like Gaga very much. I mean what reason does Lange have to suddenly leave Horror Story? She's been in it for four seasons and was praised consistently for performance, even sweeping awards and nominations. I look into her eyes and I see no fondness for Gaga at all. 

After watching Feud, I do think that there is a lot going on in Hollywood which we don't see, despite how much effort we put into eliciting information behind-the-cameras.

Everyone in the comment section was claiming that Lange does not like Gaga and that she was shading her. Of course this is just a theory and might not be true, but I can easily imagine Jessica telling Ryan 'If that singer is on the show, I will quit.'

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

Now some might say that she was busy with her Broadway role at that time when Hotel was to be shot, but then what she claimed was that

"I've played four amazing roles in Horror Story but some things come to an end."

indicating that she has no intention on returning even if asked, not for season six, not for season seven.

Jenniferella

No. She already wanted to leave when she shot Coven, FS was the final straw. 

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

GhettoFabulous

I think it might be because she saw the series going a little downhill so she pulled out or she got tired of it. Or *plays sinister scary gay music*

she might not like Gaga :madge:(But I doubt it though) 

freebit

She'd been planning to leave since season 3. This is what she said in 2013:

It’s hard to imagine American Horror Story without Jessica Lange—she has appeared in all three seasons after all. But Lange has confirmed that next year’s fourth season will be her last. “It ends up being a lot of time during the year being committed to something,” admits the actress. “I haven’t done that for a long time. It’s like doing a stage play between the rehearsal and the run. This is a 6-month commitment every year. That will be four years in a row. I want to have more time to myself I guess. Once it’s over and I have a full year ahead of me with nothing to do, who knows? It might not have been the best decision. But I think four years doing something is a sufficient amount of time.”

Source

It sounds like she just got tired of doing the same show and schedule. With Feud it's more of an actual one-off instead of the show using her again and again.

Bebe

She had decided to leave before Gaga was announced, and it was just as much a surprise for the rest of the cast.

She was busy with her broadway role and had already expressed her desire to leave the show before anything Gaga related was announced. 

I feel like she just wanted a change of pace - She obviously still has love for Ryan Murphy, but from what she said I think she just wanted a break from the 6 month commitment every year and just wanted to be free from that commitment. 

Bradley
3 minutes ago, freebit said:

Now I am in awe of how Sarah Paulson was shooting Horror Story and Crime Story at the same time :giveup:

Yuuri

Ryan told Lange that he's producing a new show, and he wanted her to be the star of it, coupled with the fact that she's been wanting to leave since Coven.

PerfectIllusion

4 seasons were enough for her i think but i do agree that she doesnt like Gaga.... Probably because of how easy it was for her to just get on the show :awkney:

LittleMichael

Unfortunately she doesn't like Gaga, but she hasn't left AHS because of Gaga :oprah:

monketsharona

Jessica Lange already said that situation has been misunderstood because she actually found the question weird. She even said that she was sure that Lady Gaga would do a great job because anyone on the AHS team is amazing.

Jessica said many times she left because she just was done with it. The fact is she actually shouln't have been involved in season 3 and 4 originally.

+ Lange actually told Ryan she'd like to quit before Lady Gaga was even involved in the show.

Monsters really needs stop being paranoid about everyone disliking her because it's not the case. 

Bradley
2 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Jessica Lange already said that situation has been misunderstood because she actually found the question weird. She even said that she was sure that Lady Gaga would do a great job because anyone on the AHS team is amazing.

Jessica said many times she left because she just was done with it. The fact is she actually shouln't have been involved in season 3 and 4 originally.

+ Lange actually told Ryan she'd like to quit before Lady Gaga was even invold in the show.

Monsters really needs stop being paranoid about everyone disling her because it's not the case. 

It was just a speculation. Not trying to stir up anything. :)

Emigrante

How could you even know if she does like Gaga or doesn't like Gaga. Stop reading someone's mind. It's a bad psychological habit. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

monketsharona
Just now, Bradley Cooper said:

It was just a speculation. Not trying to stir up anything. :)

Definitely but some monsters are ^^ 

Other than this Jessica Lange was already spotted attending a Lady Gaga show in New Orleans few years ago

Kim Woodburn

Love Jessica but she pulled a 2012 Madonna in that interview and I did not like it.

Archived