đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Cher says Lady Gaga and Xtina are the Cher of the 21st century?

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

Featured Posts

The Fame Joanne
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Clearly Madonna has had more success over-all

But Cher isnt as far behind as u might think. At least in North America

Her peak was in the 60s while Madonnas peak was well into the 80s...

That makes Madonna more memorable atm because more from her generation are still alive and actively discuss entertainment

Also given over half of Chers success was on TV, that also decreases current relevancy cuz hit movies dont get replayed decades later as much as hit music does keeping Madonna in exposure!

Yes, in North America Cher might not be that far behind Madonna. But I'd say worldwide, Madonna's career is without a doubt a lot bigger. That might also be because Cher's success was partly on TV and TV shows are often not global, I think

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
Just now, The Fame Joanne said:

Yes, in North America Cher might not be that far behind Madonna. But I'd say worldwide, Madonna's career is without a doubt a lot bigger. That might also be because Cher's success was partly on TV and TV shows are often not global, I think

I know. Hence why i said in North America they not that different

WW of course Madonna has been way bigger i dont even debate that

The Fame Joanne
1 minute ago, Misaki said:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/473595/cher-shines-with-no-1-in-sixth-consecutive-decade

Without Cher there would be no Madonna, Gaga, etc. Without Cher autotune would never been that popular. Not to mention she went against her time and showed her navel on T.V.

Dance/Club Play song carts? :laughga:

I mean it's something and she for sure had a long and somewhat influential career. But I just don't see her up there with Michael, Elvis, Madonna etc.

Yuuri
1 minute ago, The Fame Joanne said:

I mean it's something and she for sure had a long and somewhat influential career. But I just don't see her up there with Michael, Elvis, Madonna etc.

Then you mustn't seen her perform her 72nd Farewell Tour when the dinosuars were alive.

The Fame Joanne
14 minutes ago, Misaki said:

Then you mustn't seen her perform her 72nd Farewell Tour when the dinosuars were alive.

Only because she's older, doesn't mean that she's also more iconic than Madonna

EmmaAbbott.jpg

This is Emma Abbott. A singer from the 19th century. I guess she's more iconic than Cher and Madonna combined then?

Economy
46 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Musically no. No one said she was

FrankGutz
5 hours ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Because Madonna never had outrageous fashion :lolga:

I agree that Cher had a bigger acting career than Madonna, but overall a lot more people know Madge and she had a bigger impact globally than Cher. And I wouldn't even say it's close. But you can disagree with me, if you want to. You are entitled to your wrong opinion

lol, Cher was and is more iconic than Madonna, she was huuuuuge way before Madonna, she was the queen of gays waaaaaaaaaaay before Madonna

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

The Fame Joanne
1 hour ago, Martin Garrix said:

lol, Cher was and is more iconic than Madonna, she was huuuuuge way before Madonna, she was the queen of gays waaaaaaaaaaay before Madonna

Again, only becaue she was born earlier doesn't mean that she's more iconic

Marlene_Dietrich_in_No_Highway_(1951)_(C

Also, this girl did it before Cher, which would make her more iconic (You could maybe say she's more iconic than Cher if you want to, but not Madonna)

Edit: I changed my mind, Marlene is more iconic than Madonna. So this was a bad example :gum:

But Judy Garland and Liza Minelli are better examples (both not as iconic as Madge, but older)

Zazekina

I didn't get what Cher said and that happens too when I read her tweets lol !!! But SLAY!!! You can't not love Cher, she is a Queen :firega:

https://soundcloud.com/zazekina/otra-vez

Archived