Chart Discussion: Joanne / Million Reasons

Noah

Featured Posts

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Phlop said:

They're the same bottoms that wanted GUY as a single.

In all the polls GUY was voted ABOVE Gypsy, MANiCURE and even Sexxx Dreams .

I wanted MANiCURE as the third single on ARTPOP. That song had an amazing hook. I liked G.U.Y. but it wasn't as irresistible as MIC. G.U.Y. reminds me of John Wayne great sound for Gaga fans but terrible for the GP with a weak bridge. IMO

I say this because I'm a DICster. So let's not generalize everyone. TBH nothing on this album will be as big as MR. So a top 20 with DIC and A-Yo will be a moderate hit.

Let's face it MR was to Joanne what Pokerface was TF and Bad Romance was to TFM and BTW was to BTW. There isn't a bigger hit than MR on this album. It doesn't matter what the next single is. IMO

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

nattuggla
2 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

I want MANiCURE as the third single on ARTPOP. That song had an amazing hook. I liked G.U.Y. but it wasn't as irresistible as MIC. G.U.Y. reminds me of John Wayne great sound for Gaga fans but terrible for the GP with a weak bridge. IMO

I say this because I'm a DICster. So let's not generalize everyone. TBH nothing on this album will be as big as MR. So a top 20 with DIC and A-Yo will be a moderate hit.

Let's face it MR was to Joanne what Pokerface was TF and Bad Romance was to TFM and BTW was to BTW. There isn't a bigger hit than MR on this album. It doesn't matter what the next single is. IMO

I wanted MANiCURE or Gypsy as a single. And now I want A-YO for America and DIC for Europe. 

Phlop
20 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

I wanted MANiCURE as the third single on ARTPOP. That song had an amazing hook. I liked G.U.Y. but it wasn't as irresistible as MIC. G.U.Y. reminds me of John Wayne great sound for Gaga fans but terrible for the GP with a weak bridge. IMO

You're right about MR being the only hit left on the album, but she can't do radio suicide and release DIC. I actually would've loved it as a single had PI not been the lead. 

You guys need to realize that MR would have flopped had it not been for the SuperBowl. She performed it on every show and it topped iTunes for months before they gave it a chance. The only reason we might even have a 3rd single is if MR does decent on radio for them to possibly spin future releases. She can't risk djs dropping her especially after ARTPOP, and GUY being the final single, and PI being the lead. 

Rihanna can release whatever, she has had a great relationship with radio and even when she's not releasing her own material, she's on other radio friendly songs.

Realistically, only A-Yo and Joanne have any kind of radio potential and I'd rather have something more upbeat follow MR.

In a perfect era, I would've loved to have DIC and JW, maybe even DH, but she doesn't have that kind of relationship with radio. She's had constant struggle getting her material played since Judas.

BYE

33 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Actually I think the bridge is one of the only good things about GUY :laughga:

The chorus is a repetitive mess. 

TwerkinLurkin
47 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

I wanted MANiCURE too but I would always get dragged by the little twinks that wanted sexxxdream or g.u.y

DonnieDarko
18 minutes ago, JolinTsai said:

The long paragraphs in this thread.:poot:

Are actually needed and valued more than some of the posts. Tbh. :)

Gagadonna

To end the debate, A-YO AND DIC should be third singles, A-YO for America and DIC for Europe (since they won't understand the lyrics apart from the UK), and Joanne as fourth and last single :classy:

Fiona Apple
57 minutes ago, Biotic said:

Actually I think the bridge is one of the only good things about GUY :laughga:

The chorus is a repetitive mess. 

exactly

Gagadonna
32 minutes ago, JolinTsai said:

The long paragraphs in this thread.:poot:

Reading is so difficult nowadays isn't it :giggle:

DonnieDarko
12 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

To end the debate, A-YO AND DIC should be third singles, A-YO for America and DIC for Europe (since they won't understand the lyrics apart from the UK), and Joanne as fourth and last single :classy:

Hey Hey know. How stupid Europeans are in your opinion, boo?

We do understand, we're just far more relaxed and not as uptight.

Also dual singles almost never work, even for superstars. But yeah, no other single will be as successful as MR so basically whatever.

Gagadonna
3 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Hey Hey know. How stupid Europeans are in your opinion, boo?

We do understand, we're just far more relaxed and not as uptight.

Also dual singles almost never work, even for superstars. But yeah, no other single will be as successful as MR so basically whatever.

Where did I say they were stupid? Not understanding English is not a sign of stupidity :huh:

As far as I'm concerned, most my French speaker friends don't know/understands the lyrics of English songs, and that's fine. As you say they are more relaxed in that they don't care about the lyrics and meaning of songs. But still. 

• Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived