Chart Discussion: Joanne / Million Reasons

Noah

Featured Posts

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HitTheBoat
17 minutes ago, OBEY said:

I lay around touch myself to pass the time.

Very euphemism :diane: 

tbh, DIC is very straightforward. All my friends were instantly appaled by that "touch myself to pass the time" line  :emma:

junolxf
5 minutes ago, spanishmonster said:

About DIC:

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

stir the pot
9 minutes ago, spanishmonster said:

About DIC:

wew, I'm not gonna believe it unless the news comes directly from Gaga/Interscop/her team.

OBEY
1 minute ago, HitTheBoat said:

tbh, DIC is very straightforward. All my friends were instantly appaled by that "touch myself to pass the time" line  :emma:

"i lay around touch myself to pass the time"

"up all night tryin' to rub the pain out"

:emma: 

OBEY

"I lay around play sometimes to pass the time" and "up all night tryn' to figure things out" are the way to go :poot: 

omg i didnt see MR is up to 15 in canada :giveup: 

Gaga Monster
3 minutes ago, OBEY said:

"I lay around play sometimes to pass the time" and "up all night tryn' to figure things out" are the way to go :poot: 

omg i didnt see MR is up to 15 in canada :giveup: 

I lay around listen to Z100 (or any radio station) to pass the time

Up all night tryn to figure things out

GGD Presidential Elections

TheFame Monster
25 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Exactly.

Idk why people think a sexual song by Gaga will do well and then use Rihanna/Nicki/Bey/Ariana/etc as an example of sexual songs smashing. Gaga isn't seen as "hot" or even pretty by the public, and will come off as try-hard. Plus Gaga isn't the type to collaborate with a male rapper to make it easier to digest for the public.

And before you bring up LoveGame, that song  is considered a flop in the fanbase in terms of radio ai. It did well mostly on sales (which were a bigger factor back then). It was also released after her breakout singles and when she was "sexier" to the public.

Is this a joke? LoveGame went #1 on Pop Radio. It was one of the four singles that gave Gaga the first album by a female artist with 4 #1 Mainstream Top 40 Hits. 

stir the pot
8 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

I lay around listen to Z100 (or any radio station) to pass the time

Up all night tryn to figure things out

EFlT1Qo.gif

There's no need to change the lyrics.

Spoiler

Cause it's not gonna be a single. :poot:U04woqg.png

JustAnotherDay
2 hours ago, nattuggla said:

Weren't you saying last time that singles are for GP and not for fans?! 

I meant from a commercial standpoint 

was NickARTPOP

Whispering
25 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Exactly.

Idk why people think a sexual song by Gaga will do well and then use Rihanna/Nicki/Bey/Ariana/etc as an example of sexual songs smashing. Gaga isn't seen as "hot" or even pretty by the public, and will come off as try-hard. Plus Gaga isn't the type to collaborate with a male rapper to make it easier to digest for the public.

And before you bring up LoveGame, that song  is considered a flop in the fanbase in terms of radio ai. It did well mostly on sales (which were a bigger factor back then). It was also released after her breakout singles and when she was "sexier" to the public.

No, this song has nothing to do with Gaga being "pretty" or not, but it's obvious that you wanted to get your negativity over Gaga's looks in there. 

A sexual song would be fine. In fact, DWUW was interpreted by most listeners as a song about sex. A song about female masturbation will be awkward for a majority of the Pop/HAC audience. 

Gaga Monster
1 minute ago, Algorithm said:

EFlT1Qo.gif

There's no need to change the lyrics. :poot:

Nobody wants to hear I lay around touch myself and rubbing the pain out. No way will radio ever play that, did we not learn from GUY? She needs to change some of the lyrics and chorus if she is serious about DIC and maybe add a feature like Rihanna.

GGD Presidential Elections

stir the pot
2 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Nobody wants to hear I lay around touch myself and rubbing the pain out. No way will radio ever play that, did we not learn from GUY? She needs to change some of the lyrics and chorus if she is serious about DIC and maybe add a feature like Rihanna.

:giggle: I edited my post, please check it again :giggle:

Arizona Sky

All she has to do is edit the words to:

"I lay around by myself to pass the time"

"Up all night tryin' numb the pain out"

Bam, that's it.

ezrajones
2 hours ago, Whispering said:

Sex sells. For the most part, females don't want to hear a song in front of other people about rubbing their clit themselves, nor do they want to sing along to it. 

Consider the subject of the sexual content and the audience. 

Why can't people grasp this? A song about Gaga rubbing one out is not ever going to be a hit. Just can it already :nails:

A-YO or be done with the era and release Joanne. (I want both of them as singles)

Gaga

• Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived