opinion

Theory: Lana Avenged Gaga's Oscar Loss

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

Think about it

vemaqui.gif

February 27th, 2016 (one day before last year's Oscars):

Gaga attends the Weinstein Company's pre-Oscar dinner, where she runs into Lana Del Rey. I'm assuming Lana wishes Gaga the best ("Your song has such a powerful message/you are truly an inspiration to us all/sorry I made a diss track about you/if you lose your way, just know that I got you") and Gaga thanks her.

Ccjz5bkW8AAZVdk.jpg

February 28th, 2016:

Gaga loses the Oscar for Best Original Song. The gays almost trigger World War Three. As a fellow patron saint of Homosexuality, Lana feels betrayed and hurt by the loss.

giphy.gif

One month later: Gaga's birthday (March 2016)

Gaga invites Lana to her birthday and she arrives empty handed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't bring you a gift" says Lana.

[Gaga laughs] "That's fine! You didn't have to, I'm Italian-"

"But I have something planned for you...and you're gonna love it" says Lana, and pops five cocktail meatballs in her mouth. She remembers the Oscars and flashes Gaga a smile. "It's you, it's you, it's all for you," Lana whispers into a meatball. "Everything I do. I tell you all the time."

lady-gaga-sizzles-in-sparkling-gold-minigaga28f-3-web.jpg

Flash forward to February 10, 2017:

Brian Cullinan, a partner at the accounting firm (PricewaterhouseCoopers) in charge of the Oscar voting results, gives an interview with Page Six: 

1*aO_KBYYnVNJVEoqPzqRJsg.jpeg

"We each have a full set [of envelopes]. I have all 24 envelopes in my briefcase; Martha has all 24 in hers. We stand on opposite sides of the stage, right off-screen, for the entire evening, and we each hand the respective envelope to the presenter. It doesn’t sound very complicated, but you have to make sure you’re giving the presenter the right envelope."

February 23, 2017:

Lana Del Rey serves the gays an unexpected dose of witchcraft on her Twitter account. Stories surface about her potentially casting a binding spell on Donald Trump, but she has other plans.

C5ZkGd3UoAE_fwg.jpg:large

February 25, 2017:

Lana posts an article about an annular eclipse, which is to occur the next morning. The night of Feb 25/Feb 26 also coincides with a new moon.

According to thesmartwitch.com,

Magic spells performed during lunar eclipses combine the power of the full and new moons simultaneously. Therefore, consider carefully your wishes. Any spell performed during a Lunar Eclipse must be done carefully, as one is invoking the Triple Goddess in each of her forms. 

Oscar Night - February 26, 2017

"La La Land" wins an Oscar for Best Original Song, the very Oscar Gaga lost the previous year. To avenge Gaga, Lana decides to take advantage of the lunar conditions and f*ck with the new Best Original Song winner and the Academy in general. She performs a jinxing spell on Brian Cullinan, the man with the envelopes, through her television set.

He is overtaken by the spell at midnight. At exactly five minutes after midnight EST, he tweets a picture with Best Actress winner Emma Stone. He then gives the wrong envelope to Warren Beatty. Three minutes later, Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway go on stage to announce the Best Picture winner.

And the rest is history.

warren-oscars_640x480_41488175110.jpg

"La La Land" has its Oscar snatched away, just as Gaga's was. The Academy gets its long anticipated dose of karma. The evil is defeated and the balance of the universe is restored.

LOVEGIF_zpsuhhifne1.gif

And what did the real Best Picture winner turn out to be?

Moonlight

tumblr_olsq7uGyOw1t3ntjro1_500.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOTNebraskaGuy

Entertainment is entertainment and this was some good entertainment 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

freebit

I thought you were alluding to Justin Timberlake losing (because I was about to be pissed if they ended up giving it to him & his awful song after denying Gaga and Diane). 

Archived