:sure:

Hide contents

Jk don't come for me 

YOUR PROFILE PIC!!! MY UTERUS FELL OFF!! LMAOOOOOOO:sharon:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

She has more than enough money to do this. On her own, she has more money than she'll ever spend. Added to Jay's, they're a billionaire package. Funding your own projects happens a lot when you get this rich. In a sense, maybe labels think if certain artists have more than enough to fund it themselves, so why should they pay out of their label's pocket? A starving artist funding funding an ambitious project such as this is what would impress me. But surprise, surprise, when you have money, such a project will only have, what, a 5% dent in your overall funds?

And race has nothing to do with it. If you're rich, you can make stuff like this happen. The world works in such a way whereas you can solve problems by throwing money at them. If you're rich, you will get accepted in certain circles, even if such people wouldn't normally accept you because of prejudice. People in the industry tend to be refused control not because of race but because of differing success levels. I think the experimental direction that a lot of black artists records have taken lately is proof that they are being allowed artistic control. In comparison, white artists don't make stuff this experimental unless they're a specific 'weird' artist like Bjork or a big name on an indie label or something. Listening to any album from a black artist these days, you know that they're being allowed free reign. Listen to an album from a white artist, on the other hand, and you hear more of the same old stuff, the old generic formulas. Is it their decision or the label controlling them? Either way, they aren't allowed the same freedoms. We all know how Gaga didn't get her own way with so many areas of AP. It's a myth that white artists are exalted by the industry and allowed to do whatever they want. Unless you're a legend or uber successful at the moment, you're controlled pretty tightly. Were black artists controlled tightly in the past? Absolutely. Today? No way, especially if they're multi millionaires.

Pacify Him

Ofc she did... who else owns Tidal? :reductive:

Not them media writing an article glorifying how they're trying to monopolize their own music industry by tricking us into feeling any kind of sympathy for their actions :air:

I’m getting on your nerves

RonnieGagz
5 hours ago, PUKKIE said:

YOUR PROFILE PIC!!! MY UTERUS FELL OFF!! LMAOOOOOOO:sharon:

Thank u for having a good taste :queenga:

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

River

after years under her father's shadow, I'm happy for her that she could do this by herself..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

KingRedd

I love watching people hate. We should mention Beyonce everyday just to see the haters seethe and comment random hate lol

May I Read You? 😎

Archived