Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's team underestimating her starpower

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

I know this might not change anything but just in case someone from Gaga's team actually reads GGD threads, I feel like they should be more confident in Gaga's starpower and add more tour dates in other continents and Europe itself.

Spoiler

All the dates for the North American leg were instantly sold out leading to secondary dates being added in cities like Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Toronto and Philadelphia as well as at New York's Citi Field and Boston's Fenway Park. There were further sold out shows reported for the tour dates in Tacoma, Omaha, Vancouver, Edmonton, San Francisco, Chicago and Montreal among others. Similar demand was observed in Europe where tickets had gone for sell three days earlier, leading to sell-outs. Barcelona, Birmingham, London and Paris were sold out immediately with Live Nation promptly announcing secondary dates. A press release from the company alerted that minimum tickets were available for the dates with the high demand. - Wikipedia

Gaga is a global star, when her rivals like Perry and Rihanna have been much focusing on European and North American audience, Gaga was able to cater to Asian, South African and Australian markets. Her fanbase's loyalty is stronger than her contemporaries', which is why she sells albums but not singles because singles' performances are largely dependent upon the GP's support, but anything with a poll will get Gaga to the top (albeit some are irrelevant and unimportant) because her fans are relentlessly supportive.

We went from 40+ dates to 57 dates for the Joanne World Tour, so if Bobby or any of his friends is reading this, please consider adding more dates for the tour. We need a $100 million box-office tour and please do film a DVD for it. Thanks.

Diamond Heart

i dont get why they dont add more dates unless she doesnt want it to mess up ASIB shooting. I know shes shooting before the tour but i mean for re shoots and stuff that might come later. 

Also this is just my opinion but i think Gaga will move onto her next album quicker than we think. So maybe thats why the tours smaller? 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

I don't really think it's because of lack of faith in her starpower. I think it's because of Gaga's schedule. I mean, they haven't added Asian countries, and for example in Japan Gaga is HUGE, like she could easily fill a stadium three times in a row, so I'm pretty sure it has to do with her filming ASIB and whatnot. Maybe she doesn't want to strain her body like she used to, or maybe she just wants more family time idk. It could be a lot of things :oprah:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

I'm glad she comes to Europe and I can attend a bunch of shows but really sucks for other countries that seem the be left out :S

loving you is cherry pie ♥

MonsterOfSpain

Please Gaga make a 2nd European leg in 2018 :giveup: This can be her highest grossing tour so I hope she extends it to the maximum. 

3 minutes ago, FameHookah said:

Most of the "Sold out" dates were bots.. so idk

Bots don't buy tickets if they're not sure they can resell them. The companies that create these bots knew perfectly well that the tickets would eventually sell out. The bot stuff just makes it seem faster.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

boyerased

They are actually well aware of her touring capacity. They're cautious about doing additional nights because they might end up not selling it out. Bots sold out the tour. They might actually be looking at secondary market demands tbh. 

kihlophix

I don't think they should add more dates because I don't want gaga and her team working themselves to death... Doing a world tour is exhausting.

Bradley
13 minutes ago, kihlophix said:

I don't think they should add more dates because I don't want gaga and her team working themselves to death... Doing a world tour is exhausting.

Maybe she can add them not in between but after a short break? Rihanna does that, she tours for a long period of time then leave one month blank and then starts touring again.

Helxig

I'm sure they're just being cautious. It's better to under book, then add more dates if the first ones sell well, than to over book and have half empty stadiums.

Noone knew how well this era would do considering ARTPOP's medium level success, Gaga's long hiatus from the pop scene, how different Joanne is to her other music, her success with the Superbowl... it's a mixed bag of success and criticism with her always, so very unpredictable.

P.S. also factor in huge backlash online from once supportive, diehard fans when Joanne was released... :awkney:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

vince_martin88

i think she'll continue to tour until April/May 2018 with Asian, Australian and a proper Latin American leg. If she has more time she can do Africa again like TBTWBT.

Also, she needs another European Leg. I'm sure after the first European Leg of the tour finishes more and more people will want to see her again.

Archived