Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Teasers for Lorde's new single, out 3/3

Petrichor

Featured Posts

Petrichor

I'M SO HYPED! I see she's going for a similar style of promotion Adele went with initially for "Hello." Discuss!

UPDATE: Lorde has updated her Twitter profile with a new bio and DP. She also launched a website with a high definition version of the teaser:

Peopke have been investigating and have found some Easter eggs here and there. When you increased the contrast on her old header, the phrase 'THE GAME' is revealed:

However, she changed the banner again and now it's just plain black. People are speculating she's going to change it again to another secret phrase. Also, there is a hidden word on the website:

As to the album title, people are speculating based on the video on the website. Embedded below is a Twitter thread you can read with all of the potential theories (just click on it and it should let you keep reading):

Here's a list of the potential titles: 

I'm so hyped! I love viral campaigns like this! Thoughts?

UPDATE #2: Another teaser was released! A new teaser will be released every day at 2pm EST.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

I'm super excited for it! Definitely interested in what Lorde's new music is going to sound like. Hopefully I like it, judging by this clip that is gonna be very likely :music:

JohnWayne23

I am so intrigued to see wether she will soar or flop

I fear she may have waited too long (especially going from debut to sophomore album) cuz i brought up that she's releasing new music to my friends the other day and they were like "i forgot she existed."

So perhaps only music lovers like us are still into her?

I hope she succeeds though

Another alt girl, Alanis Morissette, waited over 3 years between her US debut and sophomore album and it didn't go too well for her. The lead single to the sophomore album was a hit, but she pretty much flopped after that.

Archived