Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

MR Still 69 Cents? Interscope Desperate?

Economy

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester
Just now, Economy said:

I dont get what ur trying to say there :oprah:

I also noticed cat food was discounted so I bought it even if I had no cat and I'm allergic to cat food. I looove discounts :trollga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lextyr97

It really doesn't even matter when they could just stream the song anyway. Who cares if it's discounted. Rihanna gave 1 million copies of her album away. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cares

JustAnotherDay

I really don't understand the point of this thread since this is what the charts thread is for but whatever, snatch that hit thread I guess

was NickARTPOP

Economy
1 minute ago, Zilla said:

Music is a business. Wouldn't you want to make as many sales as possible?

Yeah... but given the share that goes to the seller site (i think it was about 15 cents?) and the share that is the artists (usually 9-11 cents depending on the contract) and the share that goes to song writers and producers (no idea how much it is)...

Not much is left for the label. So i dont think its about the sales themselves cuz the label wont make almost any money when they are at discounts

so the only thing i can think of is they really want her to have another hit to keep her relevant. Especially since she didnt get any other promo deal that we know of

monketsharona
12 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Million Reasons is discounted because it only has 30million audience on radio and they want the audience to rise so when they remove the discount it doesnt fall much

Nothing else to add !

And tbh, music is too expensive... Labels should make it less expensive if they want better digital sales. 

androiduser

I am glad it has a discount because that way it can reach more people, but it is a tactic just like payola, let's not delude ourselves.

Economy
5 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

Sis, look at your title, more dramatic than anything I said.

MR Still 69 Cents? Interscope Desperate?

Well a title is but a phrase. If u want ppl to know what ir implying u gotta be blunt. U dont beat around the bush with titles

plus i meant what i said. I think label is desperate for her to have another hit cuz this has been a single for over 4 months now and she performed it a zillion times and they are still doing everything possible to try to push it

However it appears to finally be working as its finally actually staying high on itunes and finally getting decent radio updates

17 minutes ago, Economy said:

Theres no proof of this only accusations

rasio deals are only allowed first week and only for lead singles

Anything beyond that people point the finger with suspician but no actual proof

i cant at how many times ppl say payola with no evidence whats so ever to back up the claim

i agree theres nothing wrong with a discount tactic tho. Im just wondering if they are desperate for her to have another hit!

Of course it happens. Surely anyone with the slightest interest in the industry knows it's fairly regular practise for a lot of the majors. It's hard to pinpoint exactly which artists benefit from it, sure - though it's interesting to ponder why acts like Maroon 5 constantly have such strong airplay even when the song is so low on iTunes - but to deny it happens and say it's merely 'suspicion' is pure naivety.

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/05/20/playlist-payola-real-killing-artist-careers/
https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/a-brief-history-of-american-payola
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickmessitte/2014/11/30/how-payola-laws-keep-independent-artists-off-mainstream-radio/#22cafd9c519f

etc. And with streaming the buddying-up couldn't be more obvious, I don't think I need to explain it.

I'm sure they probably are desperate. It's their job to ensure she has successful and I for one am happy they're finally doing everything they can to make sure it happens again.

Economy
7 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

I also noticed cat food was discounted so I bought it even if I had no cat and I'm allergic to cat food. I looove discounts :trollga:

Ok ur being sarcastic. Listen the argument ppl make that discounts dont matter cuz ppl only buy it if they like it is rubbish. First of all they wouldnt do it if it had no impact

Sure anyone that loves the song would buy it regardless. And ppl who hate it wouldnt regardless

But not everyone loves it or hates it. Some are in between. Ppl who just "like it" are much more likely to buy a song discounted cuz most ppl dont buy every single song they just like

think of a store. How many things have u kind of wanted but didnt wanna spend the money but then bought it if it was on sale?

Discount sales boost volume sales. Dont try to imply that they dont

8 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah... but given the share that goes to the seller site (i think it was about 15 cents?) and the share that is the artists (usually 9-11 cents depending on the contract) and the share that goes to song writers and producers (no idea how much it is)...

Not much is left for the label. So i dont think its about the sales themselves cuz the label wont make almost any money when they are at discounts

so the only thing i can think of is they really want her to have another hit to keep her relevant. Especially since she didnt get any other promo deal that we know of

I would see how the Oscars tonight pan out and then see where we're at tbh

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Economy
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Of course it happens. Surely anyone with the slightest interest in the industry knows it's fairly regular practise for a lot of the majors. It's hard to pinpoint exactly which artists benefit from it, sure - though it's interesting to ponder why acts like Maroon 5 constantly have such strong airplay even when the song is so low on iTunes - but to deny it happens and say it's merely 'suspicion' is pure naivety.

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/05/20/playlist-payola-real-killing-artist-careers/
https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/a-brief-history-of-american-payola
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickmessitte/2014/11/30/how-payola-laws-keep-independent-artists-off-mainstream-radio/#22cafd9c519f

etc. And with streaming the buddying-up couldn't be more obvious, I don't think I need to explain it.

I'm sure they probably are desperate. It's their job to ensure she has successful and I for one am happy they're finally doing everything they can to make sure it happens again.

But i never said it doesnt happen. Im into economic and investing and i know all about the corporate world. Trust me, u dont need to convince me that shady stuff happens

But im talking about specific examples... theres a difference between saying it happens in the industry and accusing a specific single

u can suspect payola if songs airplay doesnt match with other barometers but if theres no proof it shouldnt be told as fact

Economy
3 minutes ago, Zilla said:

I would see how the Oscars tonight pan out and then see where we're at tbh

I have high hopes for this tbh

Also im pressed. This is the very first single that is a hit in the US but not in Canada. Usually they always chart here

Oscars is big in Canada too. If only this will help it get to top 50 in Canadian radio already :giveup: 

Economy
18 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

I really don't understand the point of this thread since this is what the charts thread is for but whatever, snatch that hit thread I guess

Cuz i wanted to discuss a specific point and in a charts thread with multiple pages sometimes u dont even get 1 reply

its flawed that way

and this is a thought about her label as a whole and are they trying to keep her relevant as well not just the song itself

It is cheap because it doesn't deserve to be as expensive as Perfect Illusion :gaycat: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived