Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What made you become a Gaga stan thread

ashae

Featured Posts

I remember my 14 year old ass shaking thinking what the **** is the bitch doing and then instantly downloading bad romance on iTunes 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Economy said:

I liked her since Just Dance but the song Paparazzi sold me. Its still my fav song of all time to this day :giveup: 

I've never gotten into Paparazzi. 

Economy
6 hours ago, petedagrk said:

I've never gotten into Paparazzi. 

Well without Paparazzi maybe id never have joined this site 👀

Dirtyicecreamz

became a real STAN during the BTW era!! I was obsessed and didn't understand that NO ONE else my age was obsessed with her which made me love her EVEN MORE. I tend to like controversial/misunderstood people and when she came out with the BTW video she was the most critiqued (ppl saying shes ugly, weird, demonic) so it's when i loved her the MOST !!! + I watched that interview where she talks about being thrown in the trash and followed by bullies... heartbreaking. Soon after that I watched all her performances on YT (i had seen them when I was younger but only remember the crazy outfits) and realized she was amazing. 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

Girl Under You

Honestly I've always been a stan

But I started "stanning" when I got my first laptop in 2011 and I wached the MTN video

King J

8 Year old me heard Poker Face for the first time (just dance wasnt very big prior to poker face in the UK), and I knew. She was for me. I bought the album, the singles, and have never turned back since.

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

King J
11 hours ago, Girl Under You said:

Honestly I've always been a stan

But I started "stanning" when I got my first laptop in 2011 and I wached the MTN video

i was 11 too when that came out #agetwins

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

nattuggla

I was a fan from the first hour. I was 18 when Just Dance came out and I already fell in love with it immediately which doesn't happen that often. Since I am from europe she was not well known at this time point and I never would have imagined that Poker Face would blow up like that. When the album came out I listened to it and in the beginning I just was listening to JD, PF, Lovegame and Paparazzi. All of them became singles....

But I turned to a full stan after BR got released and when Alejandro leaked. I had gossebumps when I first listened to the Alejandro demo version. Since then Gaga is part of my life.

• Shadow pinned this topic
King J
19 hours ago, King J said:

i was 11 too when that came out #agetwins

Why did that sound like something a Katy Perry fan would say seriously :saladga:

Noir

Poker Face had me hooked but it was the Paparazzi (song and video) that legitimized my Gaga stan card

Sanju

When I heard just dance on the radio in a mall I was instantly hooked, that night went home looked her up and became familiar with The Fame. It was a few months right before the VMA 2009 ICONIC performance. It was funny how every one of my friends at that time were like looking at it in disgust and had WTF faces on, while it was me with a big ass smile on my face of how much sheer joy and excitement I had watching her perform.  After that I became a Gaga Stan forever.

AJK273

A bit of a side note but I had an English assignment that involved us having to do an oral presentation on our favorite song so I chose gag obviously. I did it with a video and wore a gaga top (I gave one to my teacher too and he wore it, thanks Mr. Rowe) I also had my memorabilia spread out over the room. I hope I get an A for it but I won't know until Monday. Here is a transcript of the shanagins. :firega:

Idolize: To admire, revere, or love greatly or excessively. This word to me is shallow, but you might say the word is accurate. I mean, I’ve never met her, and admittedly there is the possibility, but its far out of my reach and trying to climb the Everest of obstacles I face currently means that this potential life long accomplishment will have to wait. But Idolize? No that's still not the word, and it never will be, because nothing can explain the intense passion of a super fan that’s imbedded in you by the kindest stranger on the face of this planet, my Mother Monster. You see, when you're an eight-year-old kid whose world should be filled with infinite possibilities, and you can’t even muster up the courage to be yourself, you look for someone to tell you to just be a queen. I’m not trying to undermine my family; they have always supported me with unconditional love and vice-versa, but when your frustrated at your sister getting yet another stupidly good report card and you’re parents are nagging you about trying to find a hobby and do your chores, you need an confidant, which I was thoroughly lacking. However, little did I know that I was only two songs away from meeting my best friend….

It was a sunny day to end a rainy week and I was sitting in the back seat of the family X-Trail coming back home from a trip to Marion. As we chugged along we were listening to the radio, a different radio station to usual because when we were young me and my sister were subjected to mandatory Wayne’s World head banging sessions whilst subliminally having every single 80’s one hit wonder etched into our skulls. We kept the radio on and like any classic fairy-tale, there was an angelic glittery fairy godmother awaiting me, and all the radio host did was introduce me, to my saviour. “We have a new hit single direct from the U.S. by new artist Lady Gaga and it’s called Just Dance check it out”. As the pulse binding synthesisers oozed the first few chords of the song through the car speak I was under the command of an unknown messiah, telling me to Just Dance. I sat and basked in the songs glory and its anthem telling me to do what I have always wanted to do but was too afraid to pursue at the time. I raced into the house when we pulled up and found the music video. Greeting me in a disco ball bra and a sailors cap was my fairy godmother, my Mother Monster, someone who like me, was weird and misunderstood. As she beckoned me to come help her change the world one sequin at a time, it only ever escalated from there.

Strutting into the mature age of 10 years old I was rejoicing in dance classes, working hard in school and feeling good about life until I came into Year 5. It was yet another year where I struggled the most with others but now I had a friend the only problem is that no one understood why I knew all the words to her songs or what a discostick was for that matter? So again I was still by myself but I had faith. As all the other kids were staying glued to their TV’s to watch the footy or catching a new episode of Home and Away, I busy watching my lavender blonde bombshell perform at The Monster Ball on Channel 11. Other kids were told to follow the sporting path or the academic road whilst I was wildly preoccupied with strutting down the glitter way. I was still unsatisfied at school with the lack of Little Monsters (Gaga Fans) so I had a plan, to educate the rest of my fellow cohort. We were in the middle of learning our times tables when the teacher was called out of the room by another teacher, giving me my cue to hijack her computer. I stood with two feet planted on the table, Gaga’s face shining behind me, as I simultaneously burst into the choreography for Bad Romance, All eyes on me. Now as cool as I thought this was my fellow classmates did not reciprocate, she was called into the principals office and me, well I walked in voluntarily because I needed some ice for all the bruises I received. I did however do an encore performance at my schools talent show, got a 31/30 and won so the bruises were a small price to pay for my five minutes at that school.

Time went on, and I had yet to experience euphoria of inclusion into any sort of community and to be honest I’d given up hope. But once again, when I had lost hope she was there, again, to pick me up like any good mother knows how to, with the song Born This Way. My fabulousness was solidified, the lyrics being inscribed into my soul for the world to bear, as I now believed that we were all born superstars. I put my headphones in everyday and I walk, most of the time down the red-bricked aeroplane strip that joins the school together, and as I walk, as many have observed, I’m walking like a champion with an attitude that could cut through any barrier standing between me being myself. That's why I am a fan. That why I cry with her, I pray with her, I live with her and I was raised by her, A mother, A monster, A saint. I grew up with her, and I learned from her, and she was always there for me when no one else was, because anyone can make a song, anyone can be an artist, but to be a friend and to be loved you have to touch the heart of the person who needs it most. So here I am, standing in the trenches of the final year of my education, and without ever seeking the guide of any know religion I am still thankful for always having my savior and guiding grace with me, every glittery step of the way.

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

Shadow

Bad Romance video started everything for me here. She was a passing interest before that November of 2009, but the Bad Romance video blew me away to the point of obsession... and here I am over 7 years later... 

animation.gif

Silence those demons... . 🖤

• Haroon unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived