question

What made you become a Gaga stan thread

ashae

Featured Posts

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

Paparazzi the song and era including that iconic VMAs performance is what sealed the deal for me. Also her involvement with and speaking out for gay rights. 

I'll never forget when she marched in the national mall for equality waving that Pride flag, and all the speeches she gave for it. 

Letmelivemylife

The sweet amazing loving person that she is is what made me Stan. The love she has for her monsters is pure and genuine. Everything she has done has been for us. She could've said "security!!!!! Clear these people away from my hotel!!!!" but she didn't. Instead she chose to send us pizza and other goodies. She could've said "security!!!! Make sure they stand at least 3 feet away from me at all times" but she didn't. Instead she chose to shower us in hugs and affection. I mean honestly how many celebs openly say "I love you" to their fans often without any prompting to do so. She doesn't have to invite us backstage or make homemade videos for Xmas sending us her love and wishing us Merry Xmas. She does it because the love she has for us is pure and genuine. People just see my gaga/monster tattoos and lable me an obsessed fan. "I know all about you" they say. What they don't know is that she was there for a lot of us when no one else was. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Bad Romance demo did it for me. Back then I was balls deep into Black Metal, and when I ran into that song I thought that anyone in the music industry who could come up with such a badass idea of pop music deserved my attention. And she did not disappoint :diane:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

YourWhiskyMouth

:giggle: It's sort of funny since I seem to have become enthralled with Gaga when every one else was pulling away. I remember seeing the iTunes banner for ARTPOP a day or so after it was released and thought "wow I haven't heard from her in awhile".  I was a very casual fan, really only knew the singles, and before Applause I sort of forgot about her for a short time. I liked Applause so I decided to download ARTPOP to check out what she was up to. It was so different from what I expected based on her past music and I can't lie... Jewels & Drugs was a highlight to me from the start (big hip hop fan). I really liked ARTPOP upon first listen.

Then I found this performance of DWUW and the rest is history. It's funny because this performance seems to be pretty widely disliked by this fanbase and I'm not sure why. To me, it is the definition of a raw and no frills, talent-backed performance. You can see the fire in her eyes when she's on top of the piano.

Abraham Carrillo

I was watching TV and there was this repeat of the vma's, I didn't expect to see something like this, my wig flew henny. 

I'm trash, bye.

A bunch of moments grabbed my attention and I enjoyed and respected her. But when I heard those opening notes of Dance In The Dark from the Monster Ball Tour... I don't know. She's just had a tight grip on all of my hair follicles since. 

When I saw her attitude in the Bad Romance video, I knew she was more than Britney Spears and Katy Perry (no disrespect). Combine this with the fact that I didn't find any songs I didn't like on her albums, and I was hooked.

djBuffoon

The music was catchy and unusual, the fashion was interesting, but it wasn't until I saw her sing "Speechless" at the Vevo launch, accompanying herself on the piano, when I sat up and said, "Okay, she is not here to mess around."

And then, of course, having her be a generous and caring individual with a keen sense of professionalism made it that much easier to support her music and career. 

• Shadow pinned this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived