💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Video Shows Nicki Minaj Rapping Homophobic Slur

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

DrewStevens
5 minutes ago, Jed said:

no i'm not excusing her behavior I'm just saying a lot of people have a long way to go and we don't know where she is now or how she feels about those comments. I know as a white gay guy I have said racist and misogynistic things but where I am now I know those comments are incredibly problematic and ingrained in our upbringing. All I try to do is grant other people that same.. not understanding but maybe understanding that we don't know where someone is now versus where they were then.

Bottom line the word is horrible and no one "gets a pass" i just always make sure my house is clean before I criticize other people for theirs

I'm not saying she is a homophobe either. But I do think she doesn't deserve a "gay icon" title. She has done nothing for the LGBT community. 

Also, there's nothing wrong with calling out people for their ignorance and prejudice even when if you aren't a saint either.  

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DrewStevens said:

I'm not saying she is a homophobe either. But I do think she doesn't deserve a "gay icon" title. She has done nothing for the LGBT community. 

Also, there's nothing wrong with calling out people for their ignorance and prejudice even when if you aren't a saint either.  

I don't think she deserves that title either.
I actually don't think she does either if I remember several interviews

bitchimtrying
3 minutes ago, Jed said:

because she's supposed to represent black culture/rap culture and as a black gay person you have one less advocate than you thought you did, one less representative.

It'd be like finding out Gaga said the f word or didn't get bullied growing up, I'm trying to say this is more of a betrayal to them so it hurts more

But you don't know my skin color? You wouldn't be able to tell me if I was white, Asian, Hispanic, black etc. You just presumed immediately that I was white and told me 'black community has it harder with lgbt issues so we shouldn't criticize her because she's  represents that community through rap music'. Don't presume to know and pull the 'White gays say slurs too' when I'm not even a white gay. that's all im saying. 

1 minute ago, bitchimtrying said:

But you don't know my skin color? You wouldn't be able to tell me if I was white, Asian, Hispanic, black etc. You just presumed immediately that I was white and told me 'black community has it harder with lgbt issues so we shouldn't criticize her because she's  represents that community through rap music'. Don't presume to know and pull the 'White gays say slurs too' when I'm not even a white gay. that's all im saying. 

no I was never telling you I was telling all of us to remember the intersectionality of racism and homophobia that's all

2 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

also black people never say things like "why are you making this about black lgbt" because they would know I meant that this is gonna kill her lgbt fans of color

DelusionalGaga
15 minutes ago, lifeasgeorge said:

OMG is this real :ladyhaha:

Yes it is.  Marina tweeted it as a reaction to the whole feud between Nicki and Mariah Carey on American Idol :ladyhaha:

Jonathan Florencio
26 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

Seeing as she said NOTHING about the 49 LGBT people of color murdered at pulse nightclub last year, i'm guessing that she still doesn't give a **** about us 'Fa***ts'. So, no, she hasn't educated herself, otherwise she would have done the right thing and reached out to her LGBT fans/audience, like every other artist did that day. 

I didn't know that because I don't look up to her when it comes to news. If she didn't do anything about it at least I hope she stopped doing comments like in the video nowadays.

Well, too bad I guess:derpga:

bitchimtrying
3 minutes ago, Jed said:

also black people never say things like "why are you making this about black lgbt" because they would know I meant that this is gonna kill her lgbt fans of color

Honey, go and take a nap, you must be tired as hell trying to bend all this stuff to fit your narrative. 

John Slayne

this is actually so sad to watch, I really like her and her music :noparty: idk what to think now

but I never see male rappers getting dragged on this site even tho they've been homophobic since ever? :crossed: I mean we should call Nicki out on this but I'm tired of people praising Eminem for example when he's been more than homophobic in the past... :madge:

Sizzily

Don't care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Like, wow, she said ****** and did a limp wrist a few years ago. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ How shocking and disheartening. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One Banned Boi

PMKKARDASHiAN
16 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

Don't care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Like, wow, she said ****** and did a limp wrist a few years ago. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ How shocking and disheartening. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This. 

I can't tell someone they are wrong for being 'offended' by something this trivial, but there are literally so many more important things to worry about. 

Choose your battles kids

kourtney-kardashian-makes-fun-of-kim-kar

Besides the whole gay slur thing... I don't understand Nicki's appeal. It's like she has always walked the line between rapper (but she doesn't have bars) and singer (but she doesn't have chops) and she's perpetually stuck in artist limbo lmao. Oh well, different strokes for dif folks. She was aight on Truffle Butter. :classy:

Archived