Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Video Shows Nicki Minaj Rapping Homophobic Slur

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

bitchimtrying
3 minutes ago, Jonathan Florencio said:

Is this an old video or a new one? Looks old. Because, you know, a lot of people used to say **** about minorities in their pasts, including people here, and now they're more educated about it (some clearly aren't tho :toofunny:). I'm hoping this is the case with her. 

Seeing as she said NOTHING about the 49 LGBT people of color murdered at pulse nightclub last year, i'm guessing that she still doesn't give a **** about us 'Fa***ts'. So, no, she hasn't educated herself, otherwise she would have done the right thing and reached out to her LGBT fans/audience, like every other artist did that day. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bitchimtrying said:

No. You don't get to pull the, 'Oh, it's harder for them because the homophobia is more ingrained in their culture' card. If you're ignorant, then you're ignorant it doesn't matter what skin color you are. 

that isn't a card it's just that many people use language that isn't realized to be problematic until later in lives. Ever say B*tch? C*nt? didn't? that's great! but plenty of white gays use misogynistic language every day. does that mean they are misogynists?

I'm not saying it's harder for them to grow I'm saying they just started further back. Please don't be rude about your responses especially when I was not at all combative with my original post

4 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

No. You don't get to pull the, 'Oh, it's harder for them because the homophobia is more ingrained in their culture' card. If you're ignorant, then you're ignorant it doesn't matter what skin color you are. 

also like I said let's use this opportunity to remember that black gays have even more crap to deal with because they have to deal with ignorant comments like these and they have to deal with racism as well. Literally no place to go.

DrewStevens
1 minute ago, Jed said:

that isn't a card it's just that many people use language that isn't realized to be problematic until later in lives. Ever say B*tch? C*nt? didn't? that's great! but plenty of white gays use misogynistic language every day. does that mean they are misogynists?

I'm not saying it's harder for them to grow I'm saying they just started further back. Please don't be rude about your responses especially when I was not at all combative with my original post

I think the main problem here is that gesture that accompanied the slur. She was obviously aware of what she was doing.

Mitch XCX

for those of you saying she didn't mean it homophobically, she literally did the stereotypical "gay hand" when she said it :awkney:

bitchimtrying
Just now, Jed said:

I apologize for being rude, I didn't mean to come off that way. I just don't see how it's right to say, 'Yes she's using a slur, but white gay's also use slurs'. That's not an excuse for using the F Word. 

3 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

I apologize for being rude, I didn't mean to come off that way. I just don't see how it's right to say, 'Yes she's using a slur, but white gay's also use slurs'. That's not an excuse for using the F Word. 

no i'm not excusing her behavior I'm just saying a lot of people have a long way to go and we don't know where she is now or how she feels about those comments. I know as a white gay guy I have said racist and misogynistic things but where I am now I know those comments are incredibly problematic and ingrained in our upbringing. All I try to do is grant other people that same.. not understanding but maybe understanding that we don't know where someone is now versus where they were then.

Bottom line the word is horrible and no one "gets a pass" i just always make sure my house is clean before I criticize other people for theirs

3 minutes ago, DrewStevens said:

I think the main problem here is that gesture that accompanied the slur. She was obviously aware of what she was doing.

3 minutes ago, Stefani Kinney said:

for those of you saying she didn't mean it homophobically, she literally did the stereotypical "gay hand" when she said it :awkney:

bitchimtrying
2 minutes ago, Jed said:

also like I said let's use this opportunity to remember that black gays have even more crap to deal with because they have to deal with ignorant comments like these and they have to deal with racism as well. Literally no place to go.

I don't see how you are twisting this into a black LGBT thing, when it's an overall LGBT thing. Yes, LGBT people of color have it harder and always have, and that should always be highlighted, but I don't see how that relates to a musician using a homophobic slur. This isn't a competition for who has it the hardest, none of us should have it hard at all, period. 

I just don't see the connection you're making. Is it because Nicki Minaj is a person of color?

Just now, bitchimtrying said:

I don't see how you are twisting this into a black LGBT thing, when it's an overall LGBT thing. Yes, LGBT people of color have it harder and always have, and that should always be highlighted, but I don't see how that relates to a musician using a homophobic slur. This isn't a competition for who has it the hardest, none of us should have it hard at all, period. 

I just don't see the connection you're making. Is it because Nicki Minaj is a person of color?

because she's supposed to represent black culture/rap culture and as a black gay person you have one less advocate than you thought you did, one less representative.

It'd be like finding out Gaga said the f word or didn't get bullied growing up, I'm trying to say this is more of a betrayal to them so it hurts more

Archived