💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Like This (Live @ The BRITs)

JustHMLover

Featured Posts

Dominic

It's really good. I've had it on repeat but I think the beat is a little too similar to Roses. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

I was really dissapointed when i saw Coldplay being featured with the Smokers and it went worse when i listened the song and sounded like ****. The performance was ok, i think, Chris knows how to sing but thats it.

Fingerella
13 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

It's really good. I've had it on repeat but I think the beat is a little too similar to Roses. 

The GP called them out for this and they're now given the title as the nickleback of edm

ItWasntLaauv

The song's fine tbh but, Chris is lip syncing :poot:. I don't get it, it's not that intense of a song to sing live. If Gaga can sing live and do choreography for 10 minutes straight in front of a 100+ million people then why can't Chris sing for like 3 minutes? :staymad:

Maybe there's other factors that we don't know about that caused the lipping but like seriously?

Doily Skull

What the ****?? This song isn't "like" Closer and Roses mashed together, that's literally all it is. It has the same chord progression as Closer and same synth drop progression like Roses. 

~staying stupid through my holy days~

Bette Davis

Coldplay is continuing to sell out and sink to new lows, I see.

00e987e54135441e1b82f04f3c3e698b.gif

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

StrawberryBlond

Hadn't heard the song until now. It's ok but those lyrics are kinda cringey the more I hear them. It's like they were looking at a thesaurus for as many possible words to describe magic. The thing that gets me about Chainsmokers is that their lyrics aren't half bad, but they ruin it with those awful beats. I actually like Closer but that terrible, generic, obnoxious beat ruins it. Also, I'm noticing with all their songs now that they are basically one long verse, a chorus and then the same verse repeated/endless electro solos and then the chorus again. It's like they can only be bothered to put in the effort for one verse. By the way, why is Chris so out of breath? This is not a strenuous song and he was just walking about. Unless you're a heavy smoker who doesn't exercise (and Chris is neither of those things), there is no way that this should burn you out. And are Chainsmokers ever releasing an album, by the way? They're on their second EP since they broke out and there's still no album in sight. It's like they know it won't sell, so they just release a bunch of stand-alone singles.

Edit: they are releasing one in April - Paris and this song are the first 2 singles. This is going to be interesting to see how it does. You'd think they'd be tempted to put Closer on there to help it sell more.

And I just realised...Katy Perry is apparently featuring Chainsmokers on her album...and this song is currently above Chained to the Rhythm in the UK. Looks like she might be regretting this decision. If she wanted a hit, she should have put them on the lead single. And it was kinda douchey for them to release this song around the time she was releasing hers if they really have collabed. You'd think collab partners would have more respect for the charting needs of each others solo work, right?

Archived