Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Joanne World Tour Stage Concepts & Ideas

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

drinkmytears
On 3/1/2017 at 0:29 AM, hoeslay said:

I personally think that giant screens are a bit lazy. I mean u can do cool stuff if you use it with intention and some sort of effect rather than just shoving videos on it. It's visually overwhelming and makes a stage feel dense. A good stage design has dynamic. That's why formation tour worked so well was because the screen and visuals had dynamic 

I personally think the Formation tour was an example of large screens working terribly. 

Most of the time it made it impossible to actually see Beyoncé because she got lost in the screen.

There were no sets, props, just a massive screen and it made the whole thing feel really empty.

Im so glad I am a fan of superior talent like Gaga, especially with shows like the BTWB that didn't rely on screens at all 

prince
On 11/03/2017 at 4:31 AM, drinkmytears said:

I personally think the Formation tour was an example of large screens working terribly. 

Most of the time it made it impossible to actually see Beyoncé because she got lost in the screen.

There were no sets, props, just a massive screen and it made the whole thing feel really empty.

Im so glad I am a fan of superior talent like Gaga, especially with shows like the BTWB that didn't rely on screens at all 

IMO, that was her best tour and the staging helped. The lack of screens and focus on physical set made the tour so strong, i'd love that again

drinkmytears
2 hours ago, princetomc said:

IMO, that was her best tour and the staging helped. The lack of screens and focus on physical set made the tour so strong, i'd love that again

Exactly! 

Regarding my Beyoncé comment- I've seen Beyoncé 4 times and IMO the best tour of hers was the Mrs. Carter Show because she hardly relied on visuals. It was more about her and her performance. The stadium shows have just been flashing images and she got lost in all the lights and technology. 

The BTWB you had to focus on Gaga, the props, the staging. I loved TMB and artRave and their interludes and everything, but the BTWB was very special. It felt kind of timeless and organic.

Archived