💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is ARTPOP an example of actual ARTPOP?

plasticalice

Featured Posts

plasticalice

'ARTPOP' is a pop album, and music is considered art, so does this mean 'ARTPOP' is an actual example of ARTPOP? And if it is, does that mean that the album is the ARTPOP of 'ARTPOP'

Think about it - Gaga has made it clear that the album is written about the idea of ARTPOP. If the music/album is considered ARTPOP since it is pop and a form of art, that means the ARTPOP of the music/album is the ARTPOP of 'ARTPOP!'

Gaga's hype, promotion, public image, fashion sense, etc is always a blend of pop culture and art. Take her fashion for example: she is considered a pop culture figure since her looks are always in magazines, articles, etc.. So when her as a pop culture figure shows off her fashion, the fashion is considered as art! This makes her presence of art & pop = ARTPOP! Gaga's pictures being taken at red carpets or events is ARTPOP.

The art of music/making music/the cover or artwork/the entity of sound or music itself 

+

The pop of 'Lady Gaga's new album 'ARTPOP!'/her public appearance/her fame/the idea of the 'ARTPOP' album in pop culture, media, social media, etc..

= ARTPOP of the album 'ARTPOP!'

ARTPOP of 'ARTPOP!'

A true reverse-warholian experience.

Thoughts?

*Edit:*

I'd just like to say that the fact that this album got me to talk about all this nonsense, disregarding the album/music itself, just proves how amazing it is. Something that Cheek To Cheek has yet to achieve. :staymad:

plasticalice
3 minutes ago, Thediamxnds said:

girl im confused :cryga:

Yikes, the site automatically changed every use of lowercase 'ARTPOP' to uppercase for some reason! I put the actual album ARTPOP into quotations now in the thread and the general reverse-warholian idea of non-album ARTPOP has no quotations but will unfortunately be in capitals! Sorry!

Mister Gaga
10 minutes ago, privateillusion said:

ARTPOP is a pop album, and music is considered art, so does this mean ARTPOP is an actual example of ARTPOP?

by that rule, every pop album would be ARTPOP, because music is art

Britney Jean would be ARTPOP

:air:

plasticalice
1 minute ago, Mister Gaga said:

by that rule, every pop album would be ARTPOP, because music is art

Britney Jean would be ARTPOP

:air:

That's my exact point! Britney Jean is definitely art/ARTPOP, but is it GOOD art/ARTPOP?

Dread Monster

i think the point of the ARTPOP concept was to bring art culture into her music and visuals, like what she did with the birth of venus and her work with performance artist and painters, bringing art into pop culture (which tbh i didn't really see too much of in the music in this album)

Archived