💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ASIB Soundtrack Genre

Squeeshy Keety

Featured Posts

Squeeshy Keety

I know it's really far away, and we hardly have any information so far, but it's our duty as Little Monsters to speculate everything, so what genre do you think Gaga's character might follow? 

Considering the premise of a young talent rising to fame, I would probably eliminate:

- Eurodance-Pop. No outright electronic dance floor bangers like Just Dance, or else it could seem too autobiographical for Gaga and a step back for her artistically, and I feel like she wants to act as a character that isn't just an exaggeration of herself (e.g. The Countess)

- Country, because she's always changing and celebrates her evolution. Country would technically be not "Joanne" since it only has country influence in a few songs, but it would be in the same field

- Jazz, especially if it's a modern interpretation set in the present day. The genre doesn't provide much opportunity to introduce a new, upcoming artist to an extremely broad audience, which it should to fit the story. Plus, with the music numbers being recorded on set, it could seem like it's just curtailing off La La Land's formula

- Hip Hop/Rap, that's for you and Twista to figure out :ph34r:

What I might expect/want (not all of them at once, but some combination of them seems plausible):

- Rock, or some form of it. Maybe metal. Maybe classic rock. Who knows? This could be her way of giving the fans that rock music so many of us want without having to dedicate a whole era/tour to it since rock isn't particular consumed as much by younger audiences. Also a great opportunity to show off the diversity of her voice and songwriting. It could fit in with the narrative pretty well too

- Retro Pop/'50s-'60s Pop. All About That Bass proved that a doo-wop sound can stand its own, and Gaga could experiment with it a lot and make it sound really fresh. Similar to Disco enough that she can draw inspiration, but still distinct enough from Disco that everyone's first impression of the music won't be a big afro and disco ball

- R&B, needs no explanation. She has the voice for it, and I think it could make a lot of sense within the context of the movie. DWUW had to much potential to be her last attempt at it

- Very light EDM influences, but not near the level of ARTPOP. I could see her working with synthesizers and other electronic instruments to create new sounds occasionally and blend her fixation on an "analog" sound with the "digital" (I imagine similar to John Wayne, if even that far)

- Ballads, without a doubt. Show off her voice. Provide a touching/emotional message. Of course this will happen :yay:

Thoughts?

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Squeeshy Keety

Oh my God, who tf writes that much?

That's just way too much :air:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

DeleteMyAccount

If it's anything similar to The Rose I will scream for joy. But seriously, I think it should be something like that. I don't want it to be poppy or EDM. 

MaybeKermit

Havent watched the original movie, but I think the music will be jazz? Or something classical? 

Idk it just seems logical to me :duck:

Squeeshy Keety
2 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

Havent watched the original movie, but I think the music will be jazz? Or something classical? 

Idk it just seems logical to me :duck:

Musically it makes a whole lot of sense, but I think for how the story seems to be set up, she won't do jazz. On top of that, she's creating the songs herself, and as far as I know, she hasn't really written jazz.

I wouldn't rule it out for some slower songs, but I don't see it being the major genre of the whole movie.

And I never said anything about classical. If it's a more Broadway-style story, I would die :air: Her classical voice is my favorite

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

joemayzzin

i like where you're going with the Rock description cause id so be here for that even though id love a rockga era but would also be here for EDM like influences cause any gaga lyrics with a filthy beat build up/drop would be okay with me :D (or anything i can dance my ass off too) 

it could be a mixture of sounds cause every stage of a movie is different, at one point she could be singing one of the genres you listed then the ending could have a powerful ballad! Now if there going in the direction as Judy Garland or Barbra Streisand did then idk lol but this is gaga were talking about so expect the unexpected cause I'm sure she is going to deliver with the acting and music!! 

A Real Panda

Is she writing new music for it like the photo shes had with the r&b writer I thought they may be going for an R&B direction musically and I'm all here for it.

It will probably be similar to the Joanne sound or maybe it will explore roots rock and country a lot more.

She's been photographed working with country producers, song writers and a RNB producer who makes country music as well so it will definitely be country oriented. 

ryhanna

I'm assuming it will be jazz/classical/broadway style stuff, maybe with a slight modern twist. I mean, that stuff is Oscar bait and I imagine that's what this movie is going for. 

That said, I'd still be surprised if this film turned out to be good

2ndTimeAround
7 minutes ago, ManilaMonster said:

Is she writing new music for it like the photo shes had with the r&b writer I thought they may be going for an R&B direction musically and I'm all here for it.

I would be so here for an R&B direction! Second Time Around feels so r&b and I love those vocals! 

Gaga get those" OoOoOohhhhhh ah babe" runs 😂

Squeeshy Keety
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

it all depends on the script 

I know :flop:

I'm a dud with a severe impatience problem :awesome:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

AlphaMonster

I like R&B influenced songs of Gaga like DWUW but it is one of my least favorite genres. I hope she goes RockGa, not heavy metal but just rock. 

Archived