Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Chainsmokers, Coldplay - Something Just Like This

SEXODUS

Featured Posts

Johnny Wayne
5 minutes ago, Killa said:

this song is the worst thing. The instrumental is a revamped closer, the melody is inspid, the voice isn't even that good, well cause the melody isn't good, the lyrics, i din't even bother tbh.

This is simply trash with zero content, and even more it's washed trash that is being reused. Now that's what you call Reductive

And the little monster becomes the medonner :reductive:

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorcerer

The melody in the verses is weird. The drop sounds like Roses. Somehow I heard the real Coldplay when it was only the piano in the background. The Chainsmokers never really try to do something in their instrumentals. It is bland and repetitive enough to be unpleasantly catchy to the public.

There are a lot of ways Coldplay can go back to scene, but not this one.

retroglamx

I was recently listening to old Coldplay material and I was so nostalgic for such good music and NOW THIS? THE CHAINSMOKERS? WHYYYYYY? WHY??????

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Okay. I love the Chainsmokers music, I think Roses, Don't Let Me Down, Selfie are genius. Paris is good.

This is a rip off. When did Chris Martins vocals represent Coldplay as a whole? I heard nothing else apart from that basic instrumental. It's okay. 6/10 at best. Death of creativity and a result of the money making formula machine but it's not terrible.

8 minutes ago, Johny Wayne said:

The song is actually great and is filled with coldplay's identity. What's wrong with them colaborating with a group that appeals to a demographic that coldplay has been losing and wants to get back? This was smart and well done. 

Well done, because it was well mixed and kind nitty, has an okay structure, has a bit of a dreamy childish vibe to it? Is kinda hopeful?

What's smart about it? What identity? Yes, the wash out Coldplay that has been in last 3 albums. And the clear repetition in the way they build the melodies and structure the songs. It's completely formulaic.

It's so bland that it hurts. Sometimes something more harsh and less cohesive can be better than polished and pretty.

Decodekid

the beginning sounds just like Paris.

the chorus sounds just like Roses.

They're so basic 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Didn't they say that they will split after the last album?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Johnny Wayne
5 minutes ago, Killa said:

Well done, because it was well mixed and kind nitty, has an okay structure, has a bit of a dreamy childish vibe to it? Is kinda hopeful?

What's smart about it? What identity? Yes, the wash out Coldplay that has been in last 3 albums. And the clear repetition in the way they build the melodies and structure the songs. It's completely formulaic.

It's so bland that it hurts. Sometimes something more harsh and less cohesive can be better than polished and pretty.

It's a smart move for their career.  I wasn't refering to the song itself. Yes, it sounds like it could be in mylo xyloto which is from 2011 and it is very formulaic, indeed. But what isn't? I'm very formulaic tbh, as much as I may want to, I can't escape from Newton's laws. Same thing when you make a song. There's no such thing as being original if you ask me. But that's another philosophical matter xD The melody is catchy, cheerful and uplifting and so is the rest of the song's structure, even if it sounds too similar to what has been done in the past (and yes, I do agree it is too similar)

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

I thought Coldplay were retiring? didn't they say that their last album would be their last work? :wtfga: regardless of the obvious... this sounds ok. It reminded me of Roses, which is the only Chainsmokers song I like.

SEXODUS
9 minutes ago, River said:

Didn't they say that they will split after the last album?

Martin was very cryptic about this matter. He never said Coldplay were going to split up and never work together again. I think the words he used were something like "the album ends a journey/phase". His ARTPOP could mean anything, really.

2 minutes ago, SEXODUS said:

Martin was very cryptic about this matter. He never said Coldplay were going to split up and never work together again. I think the words he used were something like "the album ends a journey/phase". His ARTPOP could mean anything, really.

This is not the new path that I was looking for :laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

SychosSoChic

It is LITERALLY another Closer remix with someone else singing the lyrics.

Maybe the song will grow on me, but frankly I've had my fill of typical bass drop and shallow lyrics with this trend in pop music

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived