đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Chainsmokers, Coldplay - Something Just Like This

SEXODUS

Featured Posts

youandi
2 minutes ago, SEXODUS said:

I speak for myself but when I say "sold out" I mean they had a pretty solid, unique identity both lyrically and musically speaking for about the first five albums. They somehow lost it going from there. I don't care or know what the reason might be but, damn, they were so good. Chris knew how to move me, how to make me dream, and I'm just sad the music now it's just about following what others are doing in order to sell a little bit more. 

Of course and I wouldn't deny someone of a valid opinion, if somethings changed and you don't like them, that's cool. However its the bit in bold that some people think, that's what annoys me because it is not true. They make enough money without trying to follow what's trendy. The new album was poppy but it didn't follow what has been popular with other artists. Neither did Ghost Stories.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEXODUS
Just now, youandi said:

Of course and I wouldn't deny someone of a valid opinion, if somethings changed and you don't like them, that's cool. However its the bit in bold that some people think, that's what annoys me because it is not true. They make enough money without trying to follow what's trendy. The new album was poppy but it didn't follow what has been popular with other artists. Neither did Ghost Stories.

I get the evolution. Always doing the same thing must be tiring and pointless. I still do think it's intended for their music to be radio-friendly. It's not like their previous work wasn't, at least in the singles choice, and let's not forget that what's trendy changes everyday and we're talking about many years ago, but I didn't feel like that was the point. You can grow as an artist and explore new themes and sounds but still maintain a signature, which to me is kind of lacking in their new stuff. 

Nirvana

And I used to like them back in the days... Cannot believe this is what they decided to do, it's just another Chainsmoker song. Disappointed :madge:

boyerased

It's not that I'm against to them doing poop but Coldplay has to protect their brand as these kind of colabs can end up hurting their reputation in the long term ala Maroon 5. They have a nice back catalog wish they'd venture more mature sonically and keep it classy. 

8 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

:wtf: how can they go from Viva la Vida to this

girl........ this was my first thought! That the same people who celebrated life with baroque style/pop music that became successful turned into sellouts?! And nobody can tell me that this is am experience! You can exeperience but you don't have to do EVERYTHING, especially if it's cheap azz edm.

this song is the worst thing. The instrumental is a revamped closer, the melody is inspid, the voice isn't even that good, well cause the melody isn't good, the lyrics, i din't even bother tbh.

This is simply trash with zero content, and even more it's washed trash that is being reused. Now that's what you call Reductive

Dominic

I love it. Definitely gonna be #1 but the beat is exactly the same as Roses but considering its their best I'm not mad. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Johnny Wayne

The song is actually great and is filled with coldplay's identity. What's wrong with them colaborating with a group that appeals to a demographic that coldplay has been losing and wants to get back? This was smart and well done. 

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

Archived