Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm ft Skip Marley

The Master

Featured Posts

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irrelevant
On 2/22/2017 at 1:07 PM, chiuga said:

this is much better than i thought it would be after the disaster of the Birthday video and has re-watch values.

However i feel that this video is coupled with the wrong song (which sounds so basic and empty to go with the video). it would be bad ass if the video is made for a song with rock/darker arrangements and has a tragic or more dramatic ending scene.

Fixed :lolga:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

GagaTheExplorer

I'm not sure if I hated or liked it...

the video is ok, very katy... but it feels empty at some parts :interestinga:

This is how you make a good and successful pop song. Carefree, fun, easy to sing... Some have forgotten how to do that and they should take notes from Katy!

ChavaWM

It's typical katy. Cute for most people's standards. Nothing too serious. Way too many shots wasted on her face, the Rollercoaster and up close shots of walking around. Was she the only one dressed futuristic while everyone else was 80's-ish? Or did I not really pay attention?

DeleteMyAccount
34 minutes ago, ChavaWM said:

It's typical katy. Cute for most people's standards. Nothing too serious. Way too many shots wasted on her face, the Rollercoaster and up close shots of walking around. Was she the only one dressed futuristic while everyone else was 80's-ish? Or did I not really pay attention?

I don't really get these critiques. "shots wasted on her face" Isn't she the main part of this video? It's that the case for every video in existence? The video is pretty serious considering the video is basically talking about the "wall", poisoned water crisis', nuclear war, propaganda, etc. But her image has normally been on the lighter side of things. This was definitely a compromise to some extent.

I think the costumes were made differently between Katy and the people because the song and video are about Katy understanding that we are all "CTTR". So she's the one that is out of the box.

In general, the video is good. It think she could've went even further and explicit with the message. The Marley feature is definitely a bit extra and takes me out of the video for a sec. I do agree with people on that for sure. However, I think she is unfairly critiqued but whatever. 

ChavaWM
40 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

I don't really get these critiques. "shots wasted on her face" Isn't she the main part of this video? It's that the case for every video in existence? The video is pretty serious considering the video is basically talking about the "wall", poisoned water crisis', nuclear war, propaganda, etc. But her image has normally been on the lighter side of things. This was definitely a compromise to some extent.

I think the costumes were made differently between Katy and the people because the song and video are about Katy understanding that we are all "CTTR". So she's the one that is out of the box.

In general, the video is good. It think she could've went even further and explicit with the message. The Marley feature is definitely a bit extra and takes me out of the video for a sec. I do agree with people on that for sure. However, I think she is unfairly critiqued but whatever. 

It's too much focus on her and not about what's going on around her. I would've liked to see more of the stuff behind her, what is she looking at? I think it would've been cool if it was filmed as if it was us walking through the park, almost like virtual reality. It's cute. That's it.

sipthistea
4 hours ago, DitaBoy said:

This is how you make a good and successful pop song. Carefree, fun, easy to sing... Some have forgotten how to do that and they should take notes from Katy!

I don't think people take notes from Katy :reductive: 

AlphaMonster

It's soooo colorful for my taste.

I like dark cold blood charisma like I see in John Wayne MV, Bad Romance MV, or Living For Love MV... 

On 21.02.2017 at 7:15 AM, LetsGetHigh said:

Let's watch.

EDIT: I like her pink hair and blue eye make up! Looks very Disney and a bit of Bowie. The video is eh... Concept is fine but it's very weak and wasn't done right. 6/10.

Can't believe Gaga's 3rd music video from Joanne is better than Katy Perry's lead single mvideo. :air:

Lmao, Joanne's 3rd video was better than Joanne's first 2 videos too :laughga:

Archived