Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm ft Skip Marley

The Master

Featured Posts

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LetsGetHigh

Let's watch.

EDIT: I like her pink hair and blue eye make up! Looks very Disney and a bit of Bowie. The video is eh... Concept is fine but it's very weak and wasn't done right. 6/10.

Can't believe Gaga's 3rd music video from Joanne is better than Katy Perry's lead single mvideo. :air:

Thomas P

Omg this is so ****ing good!!!!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

I feel like she wanted it to be more political, but Capitol won't let her? The aesthetics are nice, but the story goes nowhere. 

Again, Skip Marley slaying as usual. :golfclap:

FreePalestine

rezjohnsen

Where is the message like "we have to stop living in a bubble, or we have to stop bound to something (rhythm)" its just all about colorful playground and people actually having fun with it.

And I wonder It wasnt Love It wasnt Love

AlexanderMagno

The video is cute, but I don't get the connection with the song. Looks good for the sake of looking good.

Plus, is this a bit retro-futuristic? Similar to... Lana del Rey? :stalkga: I wonder who got the idea first

SychosSoChic

I mean I get the social commentary, and I see it in the video.

So I guess it accomplishes what it set out to do. The 1950 style and typical "white" suburban setting of the that time period.

5 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Its giving me Hunger Games vibes! I like it, one of her best videos tbh:rockstar:

This is actually perfect summary haha

I personally give the video a B+ maybe even an A, purely because this is the first time I'm seeing Katy actually put deeper subtext into her videos.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

6 hours ago, rezjohnsen said:

Where is the message like "we have to stop living in a bubble, or we have to stop bound to something (rhythm)" its just all about colorful playground and people having fun with it.

This, the message is lost by the end of the video. :oprah:

FreePalestine

Computer

It looks very expensive which I mean in a good way.

Katy's face when Skip came on :applause:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Archived