Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CTTR vs MR Fan Double Standards?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Sorry for making a thread on this. Its not really necessairy but its kinda pissing me off

Everyone is calling MR a hit when the only thing its done well so far in is sales. Streaming and Radio for the moment remains tragic. Yes it may rise but for the moment nothing about those numbers suggests a hit

Yet CTTR is a little bit lower in sales but already significantly higher on radio and streaming and its only been out a week and a half

Fans here ONLY pay attention to what CTTR is underperforming on according to expectations (sales) while ignoring everything else and calling it a flop and ONLY paying attention to what MR has done well in so far (also sales)

And given the type of fan base Katy has (teenagers and young adults) while Gagas base is parhaps a bit more mature, that could easily explain sales vs streaming

Anyway my point is, is everyone that deluded??? Does everyone wanna pick their facts like Donald Trump and ignoring the rest of the relevant information? :duck: 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

We want to give Katy & her fans a taste of their own medicine. :classy:

I know it's immature as **** but it's hella funny. :ladyhaha:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

sipthistea

:awkney:

I don't know why people pay so much attention to charts. 

Million Reasons is a good song. And that's the only thing I gotta say. 

joannester

nobody is saying Katy's numbers are worse than MR's.

But the context of MV coming soon, Grammy performance, payola, spotify promo, lead single after long break, coming after a huge successful era... sorry But it should do better. The relative success it's having it would have gotten whatever she releases

I'll mop you all across the floor, snatch your fυckιng weave out Βitch

monsterdino
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yet CTTR is a little bit lower in sales but already significantly higher on radio and streaming and its only been out a week and a half.

She has a Spotify deal + Radio deal

/thread

Shes not flopping obviously but not the 1 smash hit kats were saying it would be .. in other words this is her applause

Mister Gaga

I get your point and i kinda agree. The thing is that those impressive katy numbers are not completely true. I mean, spotify, the biggest streaming platform after youtube, has a partnership with her, they're promoting CTTR like crazy and by free; radio is pushing it so hard, she has already 64M audience in ten days (MR is at 24M after 3 months), and the song is still underperforming, sales wise (and this is more important imo, because is when people actively want to buy the song; they don't hear it randomly on spotify or radio, they actually want to listen to it).

This is what i call pushing a song through people's throats.

I don't consider MR a hit tho, not yet. It's a moderate one. As for CTTR? Up to now, it's still a moderate one, but it will became a little hit, like Applause was.

DeleteMyAccount

I've pointed out that MR is doing well right now on iTunes due to the discount (in some ways). It of course is gaining ground on radio and whatnot as well as people buying the song regardless of the price. However, I've been told that I was spreading negativity on the site because of that. 

And that is where the double standard is because those same people who put me down and called me negative are the same people who shade CTTR and Katy. There's a point where even as fans we need to see things for what they really are.

However, CTTR also had major radio/Spotify deals this past week, so we'll see where it ends up in a week or two.

monsterdino

Don't forget that Spotify is still boycotting Gaga and not promoting her at all to this day, where's Katy Perry had and still has a huge promo over on Spotify becasue she has a deal with them and she has a deal with radio too, plus it's not that hard to get a song produced by Max Martin and written by Sia to become a hit on radio. Where's Gaga's song is a ballad and that's why it's hard for it to be a hit on radio, plus CTTR is underperforming compared to Katy's earlier work wich did go #1 easily...this is her Applause moment, it's not flopping it's just underperforming compared to her earlier work.

GagaXCupcakke

Katy's song was made to smash.  Produced by an extremely popular pop producer, written by Sia and has a Spotify deal. 

I think we have the right to celebrate Million Reasons glimpse of success.  Let us enjoy our time in the sun. 

6 minutes ago, dancergaga said:

Shes not flopping obviously but not the 1 smash hit kats were saying it would be .. in other words this is her applause

Applause went #1 on iTunes though.

GkYSq5D.gif

djBuffoon
13 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

:awkney:

I don't know why people pay so much attention to charts. 

Million Reasons is a good song. And that's the only thing I gotta say. 

This.

This.

This.

GhettoFabulous

Chained to payo chained to payo chained to payola :lana:+ Spotify deal :lana:

giphy.gif

I personally don't care about this entire Katy Kats vs Monsters REVENGE  thing but I do it for the fun of it it's so funny tbh 

Archived