💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

RQ: Gaga and Popular Culture?

Gagadonna

Featured Posts

Gagadonna

Hello fellows, 

I'm carrying out a study about pop culture, and I would like to include a small segment about Gaga (get dat promo) and how she used pop culture to become an icon. 

Do you know any reliable scientific/serious article about that? I know there's been quite many but strangely enough I can't find any addressing that very question. 

Thanks for your help :) 

In her 60 Minutes interview she talks a bit about "the sociology of fame"

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Gagadonna
1 minute ago, Red said:

In her 60 Minutes interview she talks a bit about "the sociology of fame"

I don't know how to refer a video in an academic paper :huh: I'll keep on searching. But thanks

Just now, Gagadonna said:

I don't know how to refer a video in an academic paper :huh: I'll keep on searching. But thanks

If you google what she is saying word by word you will find a written article, I guess

Fame IV

You can refer andd quote the interview on your academic paper, and if you search on Google there will be multiple articles that will refer the words she said.

A Star is Born ⭐

Also, I don't remember the name of the book but I know there is a whole book about Gaga and sociology, I think that if you look for "Gaga and the sociology of fame" you will find it

EDIT: I just googled it and the book is literally called "Lady Gaga and the Sociology of Fame" :smh: 

13 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

I wrote a bunch of papaers in college and you can refer to films as a source, if you keep the proper works citations (that you can get from online citation machines like this one: http://www.citationmachine.net/mla/cite-a-film) and if you treat a film like a presentation by referring to her quotes in this interview, if you record on a voice recorder or obtain a transcript of the film, it will be easier to find material that might support your work.

Silence those demons... . đŸ–€

Modern Ecstacy
26 minutes ago, Red said:

Also, I don't remember the name of the book but I know there is a whole book about Gaga and sociology, I think that if you look for "Gaga and the sociology of fame" you will find it

EDIT: I just googled it and the book is literally called "Lady Gaga and the Sociology of Fame" :smh: 

I got so excited to know that such a book exists so I went to buy it online but the price of the book made me blind :toofunny:

1 minute ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

I got so excited to know that such a book exists so I went to buy it online but the price of the book made me blind :toofunny:

There must be a free pdf somewhere 

Modern Ecstacy
1 minute ago, Red said:

There must be a free pdf somewhere 

I prefer physical books but now I guess I'll just have to find the free pdf online lol

4 minutes ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

I prefer physical books but now I guess I'll just have to find the free pdf online lol

Print the pdf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

16 minutes ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

You referring to this book?

http://deflem.blogspot.com/2017/01/gagasociologyfame.html

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=MgmkDQAAQBAJ&source=productsearch&utm_source=HA_Desktop_US&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=PLA&pcampaignid=MKTAD0930BO1&gclid=CMGeo6HAnNICFQSgfgodKq0F9w&gclsrc=ds

http://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9781137584670

yep, there was even a course in college on Lady Gaga and the sociology of fame. Not sure if it's still ongoing.

Silence those demons... . đŸ–€

Archived