💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Your First Reaction to Gaga's Lead Singles.Stories

BloodyJudas

Featured Posts

ilikeladygaga
Just now, BloodyJudas said:

You can comment on your first reaction to Anything Goes by Gaga and Tony if you like :)

I'm just kidding. That doesn't count, right? It's a duet. I remember when Born This Way came out. Unfortunately, I became a fan way after The Fame Monster came out. I was pretty stoked to hear Born This Way. I wasn't sure what to expect next from Gaga at that point. Actually, you never know what to expect from her even know. Anyway, what made that single special for me was the fact that it came out on my birthday. I remember when she announced on Twitter that she couldn't wait anymore and that the single will be released early on Friday and I was like, wait a minute, that's my birthday! I didn't immediately like the song, but it later grew on me. Good times 😌

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HelloBarbara

Just Dance - I was 10. I was going out shopping with my dad and nana. My mum had the music channel on and JD came on. I actually bought 'The Fear' by Lily Allen on CD single at HMV that day.

'Bad Romance' - I was in the car on my way to go on holiday at Creswell Towers near Northumberland. I had my earphones in and my parents got my attention cos they knew I'd want to hear the new Gaga song.

'Born This Way' - me and the fam were going for a Sunday walk near the Crammond Island in Edinburgh and it came on the radio.

'Applause' - I was in my room and remember seeing the 'Pop emergency' tweet and heading staight to iHeart Radio website to listen to it.

'Anything Goes' - I woke up in bed, I was going for a meal with my mum at Beijing Banquet. And it has been released overnight. One of the few songs I actually have ever bought on iTunes (I prefer physical CD albums or streaming on Play Music).

'Perfect Illusion' - I had moved into student accommodation that week and was at one of many parties that happened that month. I'd drank the best part of a litre and a half of vodka. I had waited up to hear the song and when it was finally released, about 4.30am in Scotland, I went to the window listened to it and cried. I then played it at ever party for the rest of the month and forced people to like it.

Hiiieee

Mister Gaga

Just Dance - Well, i don't remember the first time, but what i do remember is that i deleted the song from my phone because radio overplayed it here, and i got really tired; i mean, i liked it, but it was everywhere :laughga:

Bad Romance - I perfectly remember this one, i was listening to radio and they said they have the new single from Lady Gaga, and although i wasn't a stan back then (i liked her and that's it), i stayed tuned. So, my reaction was pretty weird. I thought it was weird, as a whole. I thought her voice was really low and raspy, in a really deep register. I had to listen to it a couple of times more before it clicked. After a couple of weeks (and i still have the same feeling, after more than 7 years) i couldn't believe how good the song was. It was truly surreal, a sound from another planet. I remember thinking 'I've never heard something like this before'. I thought it was on another level, and when the MV come out...god, i was obsessed. Literally, obsessed.

Born This Way - Well, this was pretty fun, because it clicked with the first listen. It was really easy to digest for me, and i liked it instantly. I was not obsessed, but i liked it a lot, and that's it. It was a really fun and happy song, that was my first idea.

Applause - Well, i won't lie, at first i thought it was mediocre, i almost laugh about it. A couple of weeks later, it clicked and i saw the light, and it reminded me a lot of Just Dance. I thought like 'Lady Gaga is going back to her roots'.

February 2014 is when i became a fan, so my perspective changed.

Perfect Illusion - Again, i won't lie, i was disappointed af at first. But, unlike Applause, i thought that the song was good; but the problem was mine. I was angry with myself because i didn't like it. I couldn't get into it. I had to wait like, idk, two weeks, before i started to like it.

BloodyJudas
3 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

Just Dance - Well, i don't remember the first time, but what i do remember is that i deleted the song from my phone because radio overplayed it here, and i got really tired; i mean, i liked it, but it was everywhere :laughga:

Bad Romance - I perfectly remember this one, i was listening to radio and they said they have the new single from Lady Gaga, and although i wasn't a stan back then (i liked her and that's it), i stayed tuned. So, my reaction was pretty weird. I thought it was weird, as a whole. I thought her voice was really low and raspy, in a really deep register. I had to listen to it a couple of times more before it clicked. After a couple of weeks (and i still have the same feeling, after more than 7 years) i couldn't believe how good the song was. It was truly surreal, a sound from another planet. I remember thinking 'I've never heard something like this before'. I thought it was on another level, and when the MV come out...god, i was obsessed. Literally, obsessed.

Born This Way - Well, this was pretty fun, because it clicked with the first listen. It was really easy to digest for me, and i liked it instantly. I was not obsessed, but i liked it a lot, and that's it. It was a really fun and happy song, that was my first idea.

Applause - Well, i won't lie, at first i thought it was mediocre, i almost laugh about it. A couple of weeks later, it clicked and i saw the light, and it reminded me a lot of Just Dance. I thought like 'Lady Gaga is going back to her roots'.

February 2014 is when i became a fan, so my perspective changed.

Perfect Illusion - Again, i won't lie, i was disappointed af at first. But, unlike Applause, i thought that the song was good; but the problem was mine. I was angry with myself because i didn't like it. I couldn't get into it. I had to wait like, idk, two weeks, before i started to like it.

Muchas gracias por tu commentario y tus historias interesantes :hor:

Cailleach
7 hours ago, kabirartfling said:

Its too long :giveup:

Hide contents

Just dance- i was a kid, with no knowledge about the internet, hence only got to see videos on TV! I always thought poker face was the first single and just dance was second! Didnt really have much effect on me but the fact that akon who was HUGE back then was a feature in the song was very impressive!

Bad Romance- still unaware of the whole "song release first-->music video release later" concept! I saw and heard bad romance for the first time on TV! On returning back from school my sister was like "omg that girl with white hair, gaga lady:sharon:, just released a new video called dark romance..:toofunny:...and sure enough i saw it on tv later that day...mmmy mind was blown i was OBSESSED WITH THE MCQUEEN SHOES! the fashion, the exposure, the whole experience was out of this world. Still not a huge BR fan but the IMPACT WAS REAL.

BTW- was first flipping channels, when i saw a weird girl danc8ng in skin color rubber costume:huh:.....i changed the channel instantly.:saladga:

Later that night i was having dinner and my sister was flipping the channels when it suddenly landed on a girl wearing a black bra, while dancing like god knows what.....my parents were like Urghh change the channel!:icega: Didnt quite like born this way but  when it later smashed EVERY ****ING WHERE, I WAS DANCING TO IT DAY AND NIGHT! Also the first time i realised that gaga usually releases lengthy videos which are usually cut or editted for TV. The Video is by far still the most interesting thing i have seen. Nick knight had an instant impact on my fashion and asthetic choices!

Applause - i waited all night for it to come! I was very active on the net! My first actual gaga single release experience, i remember  going on twitter and seeing gaga tweet #POPMUSICEMERGENCY.....i was mind ****ed.

Soon enough monsters on twitter and facebook started tweeting their experience after hearing applause on KISS FM, While i was sitting there at home perched for the first listen:excited2:... love it instantly, the Gong part was Amazing, the pre chorus is still my fav, remember keeping it on loop. I loved the whole experience. Inez vinoodh are still my most fav gaga collabs

PI- funny story, i was searching for the radios playing PI for the first time like Z100 and etc but Z100 was taking too long to play it so i switched to another station, only to find out that the song was about to end:grr:....so i rushed to z100 again and realised i had already missed 30 seconds of the starting.:madge:

All in all i FUKCING HAD CHILLS. That chorus was like orgasm. I found rest of the song VERY repetative and i was facepalming at why would gaga make such a short song with only repetative lyrics:awkney:...i knew that she would get a hell lot of criticism for it....and we all know what happened:lolly:..

Anyways i still loved every second of it.

This was literally me! All I knew back then was that singers released songs with videos and they were only on the TV! I also thought Poker Face was the first single as well, and I also didn't know that music channels would edit long videos and I also heard just dance, bad romance AND applause on TV for the first time!!! I didn't know that Bad Romance was gaga for like two weeks after the video was released and I felt guilty for liking it even though it wasn't gaga :toofunny:

That's not very born this way of you

BloodyJudas
10 minutes ago, Cailleach said:

This was literally me! All I knew back then was that singers released songs with videos and they were only on the TV! I also thought Poker Face was the first single as well, and I also didn't know that music channels would edit long videos and I also heard just dance, bad romance AND applause on TV for the first time!!! I didn't know that Bad Tomance was gaga for like two weeks after the video was released and I felt guilty for liking it even though it wasn't gaga :toofunny:

Wow that is like an essay , honey ! I appreciate your effort :hug:

Gagadonna

Just Dance : gaga who 

Bad Romance : ok i guess

Born this way : v cool and interesting

Applause : yassss queen 

Perfect illusion : what did i just hear

Just Dance - First heard it during the Miss Universe Pageant in 2008. Didn't think too much about it, I even thought Gaga was British because she had "Lady" in her name :toofunny: Heard it months later and was pretending to be annoyed by it but in reality I really liked it.

Bad Romance - I told myself that I hated this song with a passion, that the "Ra-ra's" were pure garbage. The more I listened to it so that I could hate it, the more I secretly liked it. Then the MV premiered and my life changed forever :firega:

Born This Way - I was hiding in gym class so that I could hear the premiere on the official site. People found me halfway through the second chorus and asked what I was doing so I didn't get a chance to finish it until after class. I was too embarrassed to admit that I was listening to Gaga at that point :cryga:

Applause - I moved in a week early my junior year of college and I remember listening to it on a Monday morning. I was decorating my room with sticky notes creating pixel art and all I associate the song now is with a pixelated Charmander

Perfect Illusion - I was having dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and I'll admit, I was disappointed with it at first. Now it's one of my all time favorite Gaga bops.

15jocart

I wasn't a fan during Just Dance and Bad Romance (I enjoyed them, but as one enjoys regular songs on the radio).

I was hooked on Born This Way from the first performance on the Grammys. It was such a happy, uplifting song!

Applause was on repeat for weeks once it leaked/was rush-released.

Anything Goes was a HUGE disappointment because it's one of my favorite show tunes and they butchered it.

Perfect Illusion was nice, but too repetitive.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Mister Gaga
7 hours ago, BloodyJudas said:

Muchas gracias por tu commentario y tus historias interesantes :hor:

de nada :hor:

que emoción que hablen español en GGD

giphy.gif

BloodyJudas
3 hours ago, Mister Gaga said:

de nada :hor:

que emoción que hablen español en GGD

giphy.gif

Por què? Es uno de las bellas idiomas en el mundo entero :)Deberian hablarla :D

Sepsami

I didnt really react to Just Dance, Bad Romance or BTW because I wasn't a stan yet although I can remember I liked Just Dance but I wasn't listening to it, Bad Romance grew on me and I later played it on youtube all the time. BTW :awkney: I'm happy it slayed and won awards but the song itself is kind of mediocre, it's succes was because of it's message. :diane:

I was very disappointed when I heard Applause for the first time, it sounded like such a generic club song with lyrics like "put your hands up make 'em touch." It later grew on me and I still listen to it.

I liked PI on first listen but didn't get into it until after the first few plays :diane: now it still slays me to my core :diane:

FutureIllusion

Just Dance: I don't remember it so much... all I remember is that I loved that song and I became a huge fan of Gaga.

Bad Romance: I heard the leaked demo first and fell in love, too. 

Born This Way: omg. I was dancing to it all the day.

Applause: I remember it was at night and a snippet leaked. It leaked the part that Gaga sings 'pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture in me and I was like WTH? But then it leaked the whole song and became my fav single. The chorus slayage omg

Anything goes: bye,

Perfect Illusion:  ... well... I couldn't sleep that night because, u know, after 3 years without any pop music... So I heard before IG's snippet and expected a rock song. I really liked it but when i listened to the full song... omg. I was like 'Gaga what have u done gurl?'. I didn't like it so much, it was so repetitive and her vocals were so irritating. But as the time passed by, it became my fav single till now. I LOVE THIS SONG. 

PI>Applause>Bad Romance>BTW>Just Dance

Irrelevant
19 hours ago, Londern GAY said:

LoveGame at the School Talent Show.

How did that go? :lolly:

Were disco sticks allowed? :lolly:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

I'll make it short and cute.

Just Dance: I was 10 so I barely remember a thing but I can recall everyone was bopping to it so yeah :laughga:

Bad Romance: I kinda hated her for being everywhere during this time so when this came on the radio I was like "wtf is this sh*t" :neyde: 

Born This Way: This and the grammy performance converted me into a stan. It was love at first sight. :diane:

Applause: I hated it at the first 10 seconds :poot: then the chorus ripped my soul apart.  :cryga:

Perfect Illusions: When the first chorus ended and when the whole thing was done I was like "That's it?" :neyde:

Archived