💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Your First Reaction to Gaga's Lead Singles.Stories

BloodyJudas

Featured Posts

BloodyJudas

Hi guys and gurls,

I would really like to know more about your "first time" with Gaga's lead singles from each studio album. Where did you hear the songs for the very first time? How did you feel about the tracks after having heard them? Did you enjoy them or not? What about now? Please ,order them in line from your absolute favorite to your least favorite :)Tell me your stories, monsters. I'm all ears :)

Here are my 2 cents :)

I had no idea Gaga existed until late 2009, so I won't comment on Just Dance

The Fame Monster-Bad Romance-

I became Gaga's fan in 2010. Before that time , I was not much keen  on the pop scene , believe me or not but in the late 2009 I had no faintest idea who Lady Gaga was. I had no clue she had blown up and had been ubiquitous. I remember coming to Sweden to my aunt and we were driving home from the airport to my aunt's place and I was talking with my cousin and the Bad Romance was being played on the radio. I heard the odd line "Rah Rah ro mama ,Gaga u-la-la" and I asked my cousin if he knew the song . He did and told me who it was sung by. When we got home, he showed me the video for BR and at first I thought it was corny , basic and I made fun of her for trying too hard. Guess I was not her biggest fan then haha. Then I would secretly listen to the song and I was warming up to the lyrics and after a couple of months I was obsessed with the song and the entire Gaga persona! I regard it as the biggest Gaga's hit and it's a classic and I am happy I had matured and evolved my taste in music :)

Born This Way-Born This Way

I had been anxiously awaiting the release of Born This Way (the single). I remember we first got to experience a little bit of it during the VMA's when our sweet Lady sang the part of chorus. Then we were blessed with lyrics to the song and I loved them so much and I was really wondering how she was going to sing the "gay-straight-or-bi" line and I was literally bowled over by how well the bridge went with the rest of the track.I remember listening to Born This Way on the radio for the very first time. The song was to be premiered on the radio station RMF FM at 12 P.M. and my classes ended at 12.10, therefore I had politely asked my grandmother to write me an excuse note  from the last class so I could make it to the radio premiere and  I did ! I listened to it in my granny's automobile. She is not interested in modern music that much ,that’s why  she did not pay much attention to the song ,but I was extremely amped up and  loved it from the very first listen. What got on my nerves right before delving into the song was the comment a radio anchor had made about some striking similarities between new Gaga's lead and Madonna's "Express Yourself". I felt so overwhelmed with powerful emotions. Each and every station would play new Gaga every single hour and I could tell right off the bat "BTW" was going to blow up. Man, how right in my judgment I was :) In my assessment, it is one of her best songs ever produced and I believe it has left plenty of legacy, influence and positive message. It's become a gay anthem. The effect this tune had on pop culture and social issues around that time is simply unsurpassed. The song has gracefully aged and I really miss BTW times , not because of the bling but because of the message and impact.

ARTPOP- Applause

Then 2 years later Applause came on and I was in a long-distance relationship at that time and my partner also happened to be a kind of Gaga's fan. As you know ,the song had  leaked and the pop emergency had been called upon and I texted my ex to get to his computer so we would listen to the song at the same time. Applause hit me hard and I was so slain by its EDM sound and Gaga's boasting voice.  I first experienced the song with my headphones on and I live for that moment! I still love to bop my head to it,  dance to this tune and I have it on the daily repeat. This song always makes me want to dance and go on a bender. Definitely my favorite Gaga's song.

JOANNE- Perfect Illusion- I stayed up all night in order to get the first listen and the song premiered around 4 A.M. and I felt as though I  reached orgasm when the chorus came along. This record  was and still is pure magic. Words simply fail to  describe how ecstatic I was feeling at the moment. The vocals slayed my entire existence and snatched my wig. I couldn't really sleep afterward so I went downstairs and I was bopping to the song time and time again with my headphones  on. I really love the song :)

Applause>Born This Way>Bad Romance>Perfect Illusion>Just Dance

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlaeUrAnus

Just Dance: I did not remember the first time I listened to it, but I did have it on repeat and posted it on my BEBO page like once a day.

Bad Romance: I remember all my friends talking about it and I checked out the MV on VEVO and was immediately infatuated by it. 

Born This Way Audio: My little gay heart cried. 

Applause: I listened to the leak (flop fan) and was slayed. I remember leaving the MV on loop when I went to sleep because we tried to break the record :emma: 

Perfect Illusion: Stayed up till 1:30am in the U.K and was bopping my little head listening to it on the laptop. 

Bad Romance > Perfect Illusion > Applause > Born This Way > Just Dance

In my messy era.

kabirartfling

Its too long :giveup:

Spoiler

Just dance- i was a kid, with no knowledge about the internet, hence only got to see videos on TV! I always thought poker face was the first single and just dance was second! Didnt really have much effect on me but the fact that akon who was HUGE back then was a feature in the song was very impressive!

Bad Romance- still unaware of the whole "song release first-->music video release later" concept! I saw and heard bad romance for the first time on TV! On returning back from school my sister was like "omg that girl with white hair, gaga lady:sharon:, just released a new video called dark romance..:toofunny:...and sure enough i saw it on tv later that day...mmmy mind was blown i was OBSESSED WITH THE MCQUEEN SHOES! the fashion, the exposure, the whole experience was out of this world. Still not a huge BR fan but the IMPACT WAS REAL.

BTW- was first flipping channels, when i saw a weird girl danc8ng in skin color rubber costume:huh:.....i changed the channel instantly.:saladga:

Later that night i was having dinner and my sister was flipping the channels when it suddenly landed on a girl wearing a black bra, while dancing like god knows what.....my parents were like Urghh change the channel!:icega: Didnt quite like born this way but  when it later smashed EVERY ****ING WHERE, I WAS DANCING TO IT DAY AND NIGHT! Also the first time i realised that gaga usually releases lengthy videos which are usually cut or editted for TV. The Video is by far still the most interesting thing i have seen. Nick knight had an instant impact on my fashion and asthetic choices!

Applause - i waited all night for it to come! I was very active on the net! My first actual gaga single release experience, i remember  going on twitter and seeing gaga tweet #POPMUSICEMERGENCY.....i was mind ****ed.

Soon enough monsters on twitter and facebook started tweeting their experience after hearing applause on KISS FM, While i was sitting there at home perched for the first listen:excited2:... love it instantly, the Gong part was Amazing, the pre chorus is still my fav, remember keeping it on loop. I loved the whole experience. Inez vinoodh are still my most fav gaga collabs

PI- funny story, i was searching for the radios playing PI for the first time like Z100 and etc but Z100 was taking too long to play it so i switched to another station, only to find out that the song was about to end:grr:....so i rushed to z100 again and realised i had already missed 30 seconds of the starting.:madge:

All in all i FUKCING HAD CHILLS. That chorus was like orgasm. I found rest of the song VERY repetative and i was facepalming at why would gaga make such a short song with only repetative lyrics:awkney:...i knew that she would get a hell lot of criticism for it....and we all know what happened:lolly:..

Anyways i still loved every second of it.

Give your love to me

AndyDWUW

Most of my reactions: :wtf:

Applause: I thought it was weird af, it was so out of the ordinary, but it grew on me really quick. Best lead single for a comeback.

Bad Romance:  I thought it was really weird, but listening to it felt like a drug, I couldn't stop, but who could :giggle:

Just Dance: I thought she was mainstream af :giggle: and I hated that the chorus was always stuck in my head. I listened to it non-stop on my crappy iPod touch all the time. 

Born This Way: Loved it from the first listen

Perfect Illusion: :wtf: My least favorite. I thought it was too repetitive and weak. I still think it's too repetitive but I love it

Just Dance: I wasn't a fan

Bad Romance: Although I already started liking her I wasn't a fan yet so I didn't know she had new songs out but when the BR video came out it was all over the news and I checked it out and omg it cracked me up in the most beautiful way.

Born This Way: By this point I was already a fan and I was so excited waiting for it. She premiered it on her website and I fell in love on the first listen, I didn't listen to any other song for days.

Applause: omg this is the funniest one, I was working and I was on a trip with some kids I had to take care of but I couldn't use my phone on work hours because my manager would get pissed and I didn't have my headphones with me so I just took my ass to the bathroom so I could listen to it. I was so excited but I only heard it once and then I had to wait like 6 hours to give it a proper listen it was so messy:giveup:

Perfect Illusion: I was on a date and literally all I was looking for is the time to get home to listen to it. I didn't like it that much at first but I jammed to it all night until it clicked :giggle:

Fernster7

Just Dance: I loved it upon first listen, it must be my favorite Gaga lead single. I discovered it like 5 years after it was released but it slayed me like any of her lead singles released by the time could.

Bad Romance: The **** is this mess? I hated the song for so much time, I thought the rah rah part was so stupid. Years later I saw the light but I still think it's extremely overrated.

Born This Way: It was the first lead that I heard the day it premiered because I was a fan by that time. I hated the stupid lyrics during the verses but kinda liked the song. Still think it's her worst lead and one of the worst songs on that amazing album.

Applause: Loved it but I was kinda disappointed because Aura was 10x better. It has aged super good imo, I still bop to it every time it comes on.

Perfect Illusion: I loved it until the second verse was done and she was then repeating the same stuff during the rest of the song. I was like Gaga girl you can do better than this.:wtf:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Just Dance
Don't remember ever hearing the song before I listened to The Fame for the first time, months after Born This Way was released.... But I guess I liked it, it's catchy at first listen

Bad Romance
Heard it first time when I was cleaning the house with the music channel on. The music video mostly caught my attention and I remember thinking "who is this witch?" having no idea it was that overplayed Poker Face girl. Didn't like it but later that day I wrote something like "Gaga rara roma" and Bad Romance came up in the results, it had like 50M views, and I fell in love with the song (and Gaga)

Born This Way
I stopped checking on Gaga a while after The Fame Monster was released and the audio of the song just appeared somehow while I was surfing on Internet. I absolutely hated the song... I fell in love with it later a while after the album release when she released the You & I video which made me gain interest in her again.

Applause
I heard it when the audio was released on YouTube, I didn't really like it at first and I forced myself to listen to it until I like it but it ended up doing the opposite effect. I guess I didn't like it because I expected something different, only later I fell in love with the song.

Perfect Illusion
Heard the song when the audio was released, thought it's a bit lacking something, a bit repetitive... I learned to love the song when the album was released. It sounds way better as an album track in between other songs than just as a single.

PunkTheFunk

Just Dance: The first time I ever heard Gaga and I remember the exact date and everything :laughga: It was on the first day of a family roadtrip -- August 2nd, 2008, sometime in the afternoon -- and Just Dance came on the radio in the car. My cousin said "Have you heard this song? It's by this singer called Lady GaGa". I wasn't blown away tbh :madge: I thought it was a one hit wonder, but the song started to grow on me in the months to come.

BR: One of my friends was a hardcore Gaga stan and posted about the song on FB the day it came out and was going crazy about it. I instantly liked it the first time I heard it and knew it was going to be iconic. But the video scared tf out of me. :cryga:

BTW: Can't remember when I heard it first but I liked it

Applause: Heard it online when it came out and wasn't blown away. I remember thinking "this sounds really basic" :rip:  Oddly enough I became a stan during this era.

PI: :awkney: 

Luke78619

Just Dance: I don't really remember, I just remember it being on the radio all the time and everyone knowing the words to it

Bad Romance: I wasn't up to date with gaga news so I had no idea about its release, it came on the radio and the guy said 'lady gaga's new track Bad Romance' and my mum changed the stations saying she'd already heard it and didn't like it :toofunny: 

Born This Way: I remember hearing about the title and looking it up and hearing a remix of the snippet she did at the Grammys, and I was SLAIN... I don't even remember hearing the official version :toofunny: 

Applause: just in my room waiting patiently for it to pop up on YouTube and heard it and loved it :firega: 

Perfect illusion: I didn't want to stay up till 4 so I slept and the moment I woke up I went on my laptop, listened to it, downloaded it and repeated it throughout the day. 

As of right now: PI > BR > BTW > Applause + Just Dance

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

BloodyJudas
2 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

Just Dance: I don't really remember, I just remember it being on the radio all the time and everyone knowing the words to it

Bad Romance: I wasn't up to date with gaga news so I had no idea about its release, it came on the radio and the guy said 'lady gaga's new track Bad Romance' and my mum changed the stations saying she'd already heard it and didn't like it :toofunny: 

Born This Way: I remember hearing about the title and looking it up and hearing a remix of the snippet she did at the Grammys, and I was SLAIN... I don't even remember hearing the official version :toofunny: 

Applause: just in my room waiting patiently for it to pop up on YouTube and heard it and loved it :firega: 

Perfect illusion: I didn't want to stay up till 4 so I slept and the moment I woke up I went on my laptop, listened to it, downloaded it and repeated it throughout the day. 

As of right now: PI > BR > BTW > Applause + Just Dance

I had so much fun reading your stories :) Thank you for your contribution, sweet man :)

GhettoFabulous

Just Dance

ShookT had it on repeat the whole day

Bad Romance 

wig was non existent didn't know she was the same girl that sang JD was shookT

Born This Way 

The first time I was like good gowns beautiful gowns when I heard like a bit of the song then the film came I was over I watched it like everyday for like a month 

Applause

My brother and i's wigs were over literally we were like Yass queen then we learnt the choreography and etc 

Perfect illusion

I couldn't sleep I stayed up the whole night I was sweating my bed was wet the video(snippet made me shookT and I also heard the Lq snippet so I expect a rock/Funk dance song then......... still Iove it nonetheless) I was very insecure about whether I liked it or not cuz of all the negativity it got :madge:

diane-warren.gif.de42d9254e90978c7fe66c3

Decodekid

Just Dance: i was like 7, i came home from class, turned on MTV and this crazy ass music video started playing and i was boping, but i didn't pay much attention to who she was until Bad Romance. 

Bad Romance: I don't have a memory of the first time i heard it but i do remember putting the song on repeat a lot.

Born This Way: it was 6 am and i was getting ready for school, my brother played it and he was crying and i was like, :awkney:. I did love it tho :diane:

Applause: i was in a family reunion and i was like dad can i go upstairs and he said yeah sure. Got my laptop put on my headphones, first i was like meh ok, but 2 days later it became my favorite Gaga song :diane:

Anything Goes: :v: jk

Perfect Illusion: I was waiting for it to be played, then GGD posted it, i was so nervous to play it but i loved it, the day after i hated it, the day after that day i loved it, and now i keep on loving it :diane:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

I first listened to Just Dance on the radio in 2009, wasn't too impressed to be honest :flop:

I listened to Bad Romance the day it leaked, I loved it but didn't feel the rah rah parts.

I put the alarm in the wrong time when Born This Way premiered and missed it :flop: But it was love at first listen,

Applause leaked when I was in sex ed classes in college :sharon: I did not like it at first listen.

When they surprise released Anything Goes I was like "hmmm K"

I stayed up for Perfect Illusion, loved it, still love it, amazing, spectacular, totally unique, vomit on it, **** on it, put it in a blender, eat it, it's all of those things. But honestly, it's a ****ing good song.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Archived