Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is it going to be her highest grossing tour yet?

Naor Daniel

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagaisitalian
On 2/19/2017 at 5:53 AM, troybrooks said:

Why does everyone think that because dates are sold out that means the attendance will be very high? Everything is sold out because of scalpers.

Scalpers buying tickets still means the tickets were sold which means it all gets calculated into the financial gross of the tour, whether the seats are filled or not.

A sold out show because scalpers bought tickets = a sold out show because fans bought tickets

If she tours Asia like she did with BTWB, this can easily become her highest grossing tour. 

I mean Monster Ball was her highest but she didn't even visit many Asian countries.

Remember in Asia, international artists can sell tickets at like $150 in average. So one show in Asia is like 1.5 shows in America at least. :firega:

asana15

I don't think we should be concentrating on "highest grossing" just yet. The number of shows alone won't allow for it to happen if it stands as it is right now. I mean, we can hope, but it's just not realistic.

What we can talk is the per city average. By the looks of it, it certainly shaping up to be a pretty respectable number. She will sell less overall tickets, but she will make up for it in gate receipts due to the higher prices and demand.

Forbes (Pollstar) so far put her per city average at $1.3M. (http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2017/02/03/why-lady-gaga-wont-be-paid-for-her-super-bowl-halftime-show/#5abc437458aa). 

I'm curious to see how JWT will affect this number, and how it will compare to the other touring acts.

artpopulace
25 minutes ago, Easy said:

If she tours Asia like she did with BTWB, this can easily become her highest grossing tour. 

I mean Monster Ball was her highest but she didn't even visit many Asian countries.

Remember in Asia, international artists can sell tickets at like $150 in average. So one show in Asia is like 1.5 shows in America at least. :firega:

Get Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, and Hong Kong dates and JWT might surpass BTWB at least. All of the BTWB shows in Asia were sold-out (and had multiple dates in all cities except SK and Thailand) :giggle::giggle::giggle: #BringJWTtoAsia

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

Archived