đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are there two versions of ''Work'' by Rihanna

JoanneMonster

Featured Posts

DemeLarell
12 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

Someone is going on a rampage about this.  I legit thought she was singing giberish when I first heard it since it made little sense.  

Nah lol. It made little sense to me at first too, but when I looked the lyrics up that's when it made so much sense to me. Now I just love that song. 

4 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Hunty rihanna can patois as much as she wants it wont change that its difficult to understand for un-patois speaking lessors like me. Im never gonna get whats racist about that.

You don't have to be racist lol

Spoiler

it’s in your best interests to understand what you’re commenting on, so you don’t seem, at a loose best, willfully ignorant, or at worst, pretty racist. 

And they don't mean ignorant in a derogatory way.... just lack of knowledge in that particular area. 

3 minutes ago, Bio said:

Very ignorant. It's like if British people said Americans speak only gibberish and should learn how to speak.

It's not ignorant

3 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:

Nah lol. It made little sense to me at first too, but when I looked the lyrics up that's when it made so much sense to me. Now I just love that song. 

Hide contents

it’s in your best interests to understand what you’re commenting on, so you don’t seem, at a loose best, willfully ignorant, or at worst, pretty racist. 

And they don't mean ignorant in a derogatory way.... just lack of knowledge in that particular area. 

sorry but how is what @littlepotter said willfully ignorant?  What they said was true its difficult to understand what is said.  Thats not a lie

5 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

It's not ignorant

It is ignorant to say she should change the song so people can understand it. So who can understand it? American people?

DemeLarell
9 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

sorry but how is what @littlepotter said willfully ignorant?  What they said was true its difficult to understand what is said.  Thats not a lie

Answer:

6 minutes ago, Bio said:

It is ignorant to say she should change the song so people can understand it. So who can understand it? American people?

And to add to it, ignorant means lack of knowledge. @littlepotter does have a lack of knowledge of patois resulting in not understanding what she is saying. Like I said it's not derogatory. I was ignorant of the meaning too until I looked it up. 

JesseBabe

I noticed it to but just always thought she made it sound clearer. I didn't know that actually wasn't the lyrics on the album version. Lol. I prefer the mv one. 

littlepotter
3 hours ago, Bio said:

Very ignorant. It's like if British people said Americans speak only gibberish and should learn how to speak.

3 hours ago, DemeLarell said:

Hide contents

3 hours ago, Bio said:

I love how you both decided to assume that:

1) I said she is speaking gibberish: I didn't.

2) I'm racist for saying the talking is hard to understand for someone who isn't fluent in patois.

3) I think she should change the song so that I can understand it, or 'American people'.

While all I said was that what she is saying is hard to understand for people who don't know patois. Can you denie it? Even Deme admitted to not understanding at first until he read the lyrics. Which is exactly what every non patois speaking person went through (unless you think I'm ignorant to the point of not understanding written English?). Did I say she should change it? Or that it was gibberish? You're looking for someone to educate on racism and that's really cute but do it where it's valid please and thank you.

3 hours ago, DemeLarell said:

Answer:

And to add to it, ignorant means lack of knowledge. @littlepotter does have a lack of knowledge of patois resulting in not understanding what she is saying. Like I said it's not derogatory. I was ignorant of the meaning too until I looked it up. 

That is pretty much it and I don't understand how one second I have lack of knowledge of patois (which is 100% true and what I originally said) and the next I'm racist :huh:

chaeri pls

DemeLarell
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

I love how you both decided to assume that:

1) I said she is speaking gibberish: I didn't.

2) I'm racist for saying the talking is hard to understand for someone who isn't fluent in patois.

3) I think she should change the song so that I can understand it, or 'American people'.

While all I said was that what she is saying is hard to understand for people who don't know patois. Can you denie it? Even Deme admitted to not understanding at first until he read the lyrics. Which is exactly what every non patois speaking person went through (unless you think I'm ignorant to the point of not understanding written English?). Did I say she should change it? Or that it was gibberish? You're looking for someone to educate on racism and that's really cute but do it where it's valid please and thank you.

That is pretty much it and I don't understand how one second I have lack of knowledge of patois (which is 100% true and what I originally said) and the next I'm racist :huh:

Once again I never said you were racist. I said you, as I once was before, was ignorant, or unfamiliar (what ever word you want to use), with patios so it's harder to understand. And all of this other stuff you accused me of saying, I didn't say. And if it wasn't directed towards me.... my bad. 

littlepotter
8 hours ago, DemeLarell said:

Once again I never said you were racist. I said you, as I once was before, was ignorant, or unfamiliar (what ever word you want to use), with patios so it's harder to understand. And all of this other stuff you accused me of saying, I didn't say. And if it wasn't directed towards me.... my bad. 

You did say 'you dont have to be racist', that's what I was replying to. The other stuff was for the other person I quoted.

chaeri pls

DemeLarell
30 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

You did say 'you dont have to be racist', that's what I was replying to. The other stuff was for the other person I quoted.

I wasn't referring to you as a racist. Sorry about the miscommunication lol 

littlepotter
8 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:

I wasn't referring to you as a racist. Sorry about the miscommunication lol 

Its alright misunderstandings happen

chaeri pls

Archived