💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are there two versions of ''Work'' by Rihanna

JoanneMonster

Featured Posts

JoanneMonster

If you listen carfully, the normal version and the MV version sound different.

(1:12)

(1:04)

I See You

Luke78619

Shame she didn't change the lyrics so we could comprehende tf she's saying :madge:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

holy scheisse

"but why ya gotta act like nothings wrong?" VS  "but i wake up and act like nothings wrong."

exposed. work is a fraud. where is the consistency?

Anderson123

You're right, it does sound a little different. I guess they changed a little bit of the song and used that for the music video while the single/album version stayed the same?

DemeLarell
7 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

Shame she didn't change the lyrics so we could comprehende tf she's saying :madge:

Spoiler

"If you’re going to say something on the Internet, in a public forum, for anyone to see, it’s in your best interests to understand what you’re commenting on, so you don’t seem, at a loose best, willfully ignorant, or at worst, pretty racist. Over the past week people have – by criticising Rihanna’s Barbadian patois in “Work” as “gibberish” – once again proved why we can’t have nice things, and why a lot of us need to sit the **** down."

Read More At:  http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/30102/1/rihanna-s-patois-and-your-misinformed-memes

:lana:

27 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:
  Hide contents

"If you’re going to say something on the Internet, in a public forum, for anyone to see, it’s in your best interests to understand what you’re commenting on, so you don’t seem, at a loose best, willfully ignorant, or at worst, pretty racist. Over the past week people have – by criticising Rihanna’s Barbadian patois in “Work” as “gibberish” – once again proved why we can’t have nice things, and why a lot of us need to sit the **** down."

Read More At:  http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/30102/1/rihanna-s-patois-and-your-misinformed-memes

Someone is going on a rampage about this.  I legit thought she was singing giberish when I first heard it since it made little sense.  

littlepotter
34 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:
  Hide contents

Hunty rihanna can patois as much as she wants it wont change that its difficult to understand for un-patois speaking lessors like me. Im never gonna get whats racist about that.

chaeri pls

4 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Hunty rihanna can patois as much as she wants it wont change that its difficult to understand for un-patois speaking lessors like me. Im never gonna get whats racist about that.

Very ignorant. It's like if British people said Americans speak only gibberish and should learn how to speak.

Archived