Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CTTR Will Become #1 for Many Many Weeks

Computer

Featured Posts

By the way, I just checked kworb, and Chained To The Rythm is at 0.3907 and keeps getting negative u pdates, and Million Reasons at 0.3888, so in few hours Million Reasons might be higher on iTunes than CTTR, and the next song after that from Maroon5 is at 0.3792 and only increasing sales, so CTTR will soon drop 2 positions

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
InsideOutright

I have a friend who's a KatyCat. He likes Gaga but he acts like he hates her just to annoy me and he keeps taunting me by playing or singing Roar. :emma: He plays all his music off Spotify and of course heard CTTR the day it came out. He says it sounds "like every other pop song". :classy:

JusKeepBreathin

I think it's funny people hate this song so much. It's probably her smartest song lyricly. Its kinda growing on me. It's still maybe ablittle too slow for my taste but the lyrics are great. All the hate for this song reminds me of the Madonna fans hate when BTW came out. Such an important song that was almost overshadowed with hate by fanbase wars. I mean if the song didn't mean much I would say send all the hate you want. Maybe wait until her next single to be so negative. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

FRANK1991

I hate to admit it,

but at the 3rd listen I suddenly find this song a bop

and the social commentary is great, not just another meaningless pop song like Closer or Work

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

GagaTheExplorer
1 hour ago, frankguo8 said:

I hate to admit it,

but at the 3rd listen I suddenly find this song a bop

and the social commentary is great, not just another meaningless pop song like Closer or Work

forcing yourself to like a song?... perfect illusion has impact :whitney:

I cringe every time she says zombie :laughga:

The song is awful.. they had to hire an hamster to get views..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

It's not an easy song to get into. It's a grower but only because some of the lyrics are catchy. I hated it on first listen but now I find myself singing the bubble bubble part randomly :green:

I still think it's bad even for Katy standards. Watch the GP pull a perfect illusion and let it die after a few days just because it didn't click as fast as the other mainstream songs.

FRANK1991
6 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

forcing yourself to like a song?... perfect illusion has impact :whitney:

lol

I didn't force myself to listen to this song

I just don't really like Katy Perry but I do recognize her song writing skills

anyway I just found out Sia co-wrote it so that'll be the reason why I like it:whitney:

as for PI I still don't really like it, John Wayne and Come to Mama is my go to Joanne song 

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Economy

I personally love the song! And streams and radio is going very strong

ED could be there at #1 for a while tho so we will have to see

Could be a repeat of Bad Romance. A huge hit that didnt go #1 cuz it came out at same time as another huge hit :ladyhaha:

20 hours ago, Tommy Monster said:

The song is nice and boppy-ish, but it's a lyrical disaster :toofunny:

"Dance to the distortion"??? :awkney:

"Like a wasted zombie"??? :saladga:

Nope, I don't see it going #1 :bye:

At least not while Shape of you sits there :reductive:

there is like.... zero distortion,, im ?,

Economy
5 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

By the way, I just checked kworb, and Chained To The Rythm is at 0.3907 and keeps getting negative u pdates, and Million Reasons at 0.3888, so in few hours Million Reasons might be higher on iTunes than CTTR, and the next song after that from Maroon5 is at 0.3792 and only increasing sales, so CTTR will soon drop 2 positions

Ppl are judging the songs potential too quickly based on early sales and completely ignoring radio and stream numbers

PI sold very well first week but it turned out to he just a moderate hit

1 week of sales alone doesnt mean anything

On top of that Katy Perry has a lot of young casual fans. They will stream the song not buy it which may explain this in part

The type of audience that supports an artist has to be taken into account

Hello from Adele sold a lot (top 5 for the year here) but failed to make top 20 most streamed here in Canada. Why? Her base streams less and buts more

would looking at streams for her and calling Helo a flop first week be an indicator? Probably not

Economy
13 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

It's not an easy song to get into. It's a grower but only because some of the lyrics are catchy. I hated it on first listen but now I find myself singing the bubble bubble part randomly :green:

I still think it's bad even for Katy standards. Watch the GP pull a perfect illusion and let it die after a few days just because it didn't click as fast as the other mainstream songs.

This song is getting WAY more airplay and streams than PI. Its not gonna just die

Archived