opinion

CTTR Will Become #1 for Many Many Weeks

Computer

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seashell Hooker

I'm sorry, am I on Breathe Heavy or GagaDaily? Let's talk about the real Queen of Pop. 

excuse-me-no.gif

Aphrodite Lady ~ Seashell Bikini

Mister Gaga
27 minutes ago, Leonardo Fox said:

Sorry, but CTTR is the definition of a sleeper hit, Cheap trills whooo??

i bookmarked you as well

This song is Starboy level material guys

how DARE you to compare Chained To The Payola to masterpieces like Cheap Thrills and Starboy :what:

DiscoHeaven23

Highest it will possibly go: #3

There are too many strong songs that will block it. Its not even Top 10 on Spotify right now. 

And now (that the Grammys are done) Katy doesn't have a large platform to perform this song and boost sales. 

Yea she'll be doing the iHeart Radio Awards, but those air on TNT and TBS and don't get the large audiences. And after that, her next change is the Billboard Awards in May, which is so far away. 

It's just not in the cards for this song. Perhaps the second single?

28 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Highest it will possibly go: #3

There are too many strong songs that will block it. Its not even Top 10 on Spotify right now. 

And now (that the Grammys are done) Katy doesn't have a large platform to perform this song and boost sales. 

Yea she'll be doing the iHeart Radio Awards, but those air on TNT and TBS and don't get the large audiences. And after that, her next change is the Billboard Awards in May, which is so far away. 

It's just not in the cards for this song. Perhaps the second single?

Yea It will be in top 5 at least. Tragic people will say its a flop tho even if it does reach #4.  

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, petedagrk said:

Yea It will be in top 5 at least. Tragic people will say its a flop tho even if it does reach #4.  

It' just all about expectations

I guess Katy's expected to get #1 hits with her lead singles (i mean, that's never not happened).

But a #3 or #4 peak would be considered amazing for someone like Ariana, Shawn Mendes, Selena Gomez etc. 

I think Bruno Mars is kinda experiencing what Katy is too. He was "expected" to get a #1 hit with his lead single, but it peaked at #4. 

Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

It' just all about expectations

I guess Katy's expected to get #1 hits with her lead singles (i mean, that's never not happened).

But a #3 or #4 peak would be considered amazing for someone like Ariana, Shawn Mendes, Selena Gomez etc. 

I think Bruno Mars is kinda experiencing what Katy is too. He was "expected" to get a #1 hit with his lead single, but it peaked at #4. 

True so people should stop expecting things just bacause

TheFame Monster
1 hour ago, Leonardo Fox said:

Sorry, but CTTR is the definition of a sleeper hit, Cheap trills whooo??

i bookmarked you as well

This song is Starboy level material guys

I hope your joking. It's not possible for a song with a radio deal to be a sleeper hit:diane:

Zmqor.gif

Don't think it will go #1... She performed at the Grammys and had a radio deal but didn't manage to go #1 on iTunes (peaked at #3), and it keeps dropping

blackpink

It sounds more like a promo track to me rather than a lead single. But it's cute. Not the best song in the world but it's ok. 

Archived