💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

PewDiePie's Response

blackstar

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Being an attention seeker never pays off. 

I don't care for his content but hopefully this serves as a lesson for everyone and he can move on and probably build those bridges back with the companies that dropped him. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gypsygaga1

I hate racist people, I really do. But that was a joke. A f*cking joke. I understand that many people might feel offended by that, but come on, at least be honest. I saw a lot of people that dragged him on twitter for saying that, even though their own tweets are hella homophobic and racist

Perfect Ilusion

People calling oversensitive and SJW to the ones who take offense in his joke, would you pretend to be okay if he took a joke on the Orlando shooting? What about 9/11? Would it be funny still? 

GhettoFabulous
12 minutes ago, HugoMonster said:

People calling oversensitive and SJW to the ones who take offense in his joke, would you pretend to be okay if he took a joke on the Orlando shooting? What about 9/11? Would it be funny still? 

^^^^^Woooo camomile  piping hot tea with lemon and honey woooooo! 

OXp8l_s-200x150.gif

Neight Shayde

Of course pewdiepie haters wouldn't believe him and his so-called "excuses". They're haters. lol. How typical.

Jokes have consequences, and he understands that. He's a smart guy who made dumb choices, and he apologized. He also denounced neo-nazi groups claiming him as part of their own group. That's done.

That ARTICLE however, was totally misleading. I can't believe they took every video out of context and labeled them as HATE SPEECH, when they clearly aren't. How stupid.

I hope he sues WSJ for defamation. Thank GOD the youtube community is supporting him (except for sellout casey neistat).

ALSO, Makers studios has IDUBBZ on their list, and he's WORSE than PewDiePie, yet he's still there. What kind of reactionary action bullsh** is this?!?

Branflakes
10 minutes ago, HugoMonster said:

It's perfectly acceptable to find anything anyone says offensive, the issue is branding people as racist or hateful when it's clearly not the case. If it's coming from a place that inspires hatred, criminalisation or violence. That's when it's a problem. 

Do you really think there haven't been people that made a joke that references the twin towers? Are you allowed to disagree and take offensive from the joke? Sure. Does the mean the person is evil and advocates the mass murder of people? No. 

Also the big issue here really is the fact that media news outlets DO literally bully people and vilify people just to generate profit and assert their dominance over the general population. A friend of mine is in a similar situation with theor work and a newspaper threatening them about something. They aren't even interested in getting another side to the story. They just want to write their click bait-y story.

ok wtf I didn't really care for his content before but I'm starting to get ready to fight all these saggy ass old media outlets with him now.:madge: I'm legitimately offended by the way they're bullying PewDiePie right now, and I think he's 100% right in everything he said, except the apology part. he SHOULDN'T apologize. 

Oh, I'm just visiting-

The bigger you become, the more you'll be exposed.. but even though I can't stand him I'm sorry it happened to him 

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

BlaqJezus
49 minutes ago, HugoMonster said:

36 minutes ago, GhettoFabulous said:

^^^^^Woooo camomile  piping hot tea with lemon and honey woooooo! 

OXp8l_s-200x150.gif

Consider this instead? Making a joke about something doesn't marginalized it, it often points out the absurdity of it. In this case, it wasn't that funny, but over a career of context, it's obvious he just made a bad choice rather than thoughtfully trying to instill racism. People can get offended by jokes because they don't understand or like them, but to call it not a joke doesn't make them anymore right.

What really marginalizes these events? The fact that there are people in this country that spoon feed us lies as facts, often supported by bogus media (not carefully chosen by the viewers), and then swallowed up and regurgitated by ignorant people who have hate in their hearts, the likes of which they may not even know themselves. THAT marginalizes horrific events, and takes the heart out of them, and THAT is what should be most offensive.

At the end of the day, it's not learning to take a joke and think it's funny, it's learning to think clearly and look at the facts and evidence, that just because a joke offends you or not, doesn't always mean it was out to teach hate. I say "doesn't always", because in this case no it was not, but there is such a thing as hate speech, and it can be disguised as joking, but usually by people who have a track record of being hateful enough to think these things are funny.

venusfly
58 minutes ago, HugoMonster said:

Nobody is denying that what he said wasn't offensive and he even acknowledged that he went too far and that he  will take that into mind going ahead into the future, the biggest issue here was everybody labelling him a white supremacist anti-semite and taking things he had done out of context.

Washington Post took a picture of him pointing in some random direction and labelled it as him doing the Nazi salute, they took a picture of him from a scene where he wore a soldier outfit as a joke to point out how the media took things out of context then used that exact scene out of context, they spread the idea that he used "nazi imagery", etc in many of his videos - none of this is true.

He made a bad joke, one that shouldn't have been made, but anybody who has seen the video in question should know that it was not serious and there is absolutely no reason for the media to label him as a white supremacist like they are right now.

FATCAT
47 minutes ago, MetalliGa said:

All lies. He's backpedaling now. I don't buy any of his excuses :reductive:

He said this exact same time after the people from fiverr banned the users who accepted his offer.

So, it's definitely not backpedaling.

Purr more, hiss less.

SpookyKid
1 hour ago, DrewStevens said:

The problem with this is that his audience are mainly teenagers and kids, who have little to no judgment on this kind of topics. Most of them are going to think that saying anti-Semitic things or the N word is funny and normal thanks to him, because if PewDiePie says it then it's ok to say it too.

Edit: The media always overreacts but that is to be expected. I don't think he is a racist but he should have been more careful and intelligent.

Teenagers are not so stupid as you think they are :) 

His audience knows it was a joke, not a good one, but a joke

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Archived