đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga and Haus Should not Design the Stage

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, AlphaMonster said:

Oh yeah I go to concert to only listen to the music, let's push live nation to organize all its concerts in school yards in daytime, how about that

idk to me a Gaga show is filled with Gaga bops and her crazy stage presence. that makes her a superstar. she doesn't rely on visuals to make her iconic. she does that with her own talents. 

and i think that with the JWT, it will again be something totally different. 

we do know that there's a B stage planned (probs for acoustic sets or stuff like that), but i think that this tour will be more theatrical than special effect-filled.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JudasIsAHolyFoo

I have a concept for the stage being a 2 story street front, with a building similar to the bitter end, but the buildings can turn around and you could see the interiors. Above the buildings would be an LCD screen to allow for backdrops and such. I imagine a runway similar to the artRAVE runways but they're not translucent and are reblocked off, but have a road pattern, so she could bring out a car similar to the Monster Balls with a piano inside like the Jingle Bell Ball, and be able to finish the piano set by driving it off singing John Wayne

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

AlphaMonster
1 minute ago, Halle said:

idk to me a Gaga show is filled with Gaga bops and her crazy stage presence. that makes her a superstar. she doesn't rely on visuals to make her iconic. she does that with her own talents. 

and i think that with the JWT, it will again be something totally different. 

we do know that there's a B stage planned (probs for acoustic sets or stuff like that), but i think that this tour will be more theatrical than special effect-filled.

Monster Ball had the best visuals and staging of its time. Let's not pretend that Gaga became famous only for her talent, she is a pop star. 

Gaga purposefully didn't want visuals on BTWB, but the castle was still amazing

"I really wanted to break the mold of what modern touring is right now. The most important thing to me was that there be no video screens. What if we just really simplified all of that so that you just have to watch me and the dancers the whole time?"

And though artRAVE had an amazing stage, I agree that it didn't have much great visuals.

Gaga's priority has always been the overall experience of the audience, for it to be raw, unpolished and intimate. But tbh gaga has been lackluster these past years when it comes to visuals/videos.

AlphaMonster
2 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Gaga purposefully didn't want visuals on BTWB, but the castle was still amazing

"I really wanted to break the mold of what modern touring is right now. The most important thing to me was that there be no video screens. What if we just really simplified all of that so that you just have to watch me and the dancers the whole time?"

And though artRAVE had an amazing stage, I agree that it didn't have much great visuals.

Gaga's priority has always been the overall experience of the audience, for it to be raw, unpolished and intimate. But tbh gaga has been lackluster these past years when it comes to visuals/videos.

I would like her to keep it raw, Monster Ball was probably the best in that scene, its stage was a brilliant mix of decors and backdrop videos, videos were simply but decor changed all the time so they complimented each other. 

But I don't know how to achieve same balance again, that's their job :hor:

4 minutes ago, AlphaMonster said:

Shakira has never been a touring monster. Her last tour in 2011 was a flop by Gaga's standards though. 

I do not agree any of those statements. I mean look at MJ's This Is It, his first concerts relatively in contemporary period is also going to be a visual extravaganza, does MJ lack those characteristics too

Those are weak statements. I love Gaga and I love her to be successful, I am only scared because she seems lazy to me when it comes to be elaborate on certain things  

yes, he definitely did at that time. + that show wasn't made by him at all.

2 minutes ago, AlphaMonster said:

I would like her to keep it raw, Monster Ball was probably the best in that scene, its stage was a brilliant mix of decors and backdrop videos, videos were simply but decor changed all the time so they complimented each other. 

But I don't know how to achieve same balance again, that's their job :hor:

Yes, and I love how TMB had a coherent story. But my favorite has to be BTWB, and I am probably biased because BTW is my fave album :poot:

artRAVE was just all over the place, but it had its great moments 

Cw-CoqRW8AA5j7U.jpg

I just didn't like how Gaga got lazy with the bubbles and everything lol

AlphaMonster
8 minutes ago, Halle said:

yes, he definitely did at that time. + that show wasn't made by him at all.

No, he did not. MJ lip synced nearly everything during his History tour but he was still able to sell out stadiums not singing. Have you ever seen anyone do a residency in an Arena like O2 London and sell out 50 shows even before show starts in one single city. 

Also THAT SHOW WAS MADE BY HIM. Watch MJ's This Is It movie, he shoots even the backdrop videos himself, tells people what to do, how should band play etc etc.

6 minutes ago, AlphaMonster said:

No, he did not. MJ lip synced nearly everything during his History tour but he was still able to sell out stadiums not singing. Have you ever seen anyone do a residency in an Arena like O2 London and sell out 50 shows even before show starts in one single city. 

Also THAT SHOW WAS MADE BY HIM. Watch MJ's This Is It movie, he shoots even the backdrop videos himself, tells people what to do, how should band play etc etc.

dunno, to me it seemed that the whole this is it show/era was just a HUGE business venture. they built the hype and everything and added the 40 extra shows just because money. they didn't care neither about how good he was going to perform or how good his health was.

Lextyr97
17 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Yes, and I love how TMB had a coherent story. But my favorite has to be BTWB, and I am probably biased because BTW is my fave album :poot:

artRAVE was just all over the place, but it had its great moments 

Cw-CoqRW8AA5j7U.jpg

I just didn't like how Gaga got lazy with the bubbles and everything lol

What was lazy about the bubbles lol I'm failing to understand that. 

AlphaMonster
4 minutes ago, Halle said:

dunno, to me it seemed that the whole this is it show/era was just a HUGE business venture. they built the hype and everything and added the 40 extra shows just because money. they didn't care neither about how good he was going to perform or how good his health was.

That's not my concern. The fact is that MJ wanted all those elaborate visuals even though his show was able to sell out an arena 50 times in one single city without even people knowing how the show would be. 

AlphaMonster
1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

What was lazy about the bubbles lol I'm failing to understand that. 

What's not lazy about it

Bubbles are like 2000s windows media player auras, random ass **** for a star like Lady Gaga. 

Just now, AlphaMonster said:

That's not my concern. The fact is that MJ wanted all those elaborate visuals even though his show was able to sell out an arena 50 times in one single city without even people knowing how the show would be. 

well, kinda same with Britney and her Vegas residency.

huge production... personally, would never be interested in seeing it really cause it lacks... well A LOT of things a concert should have.

Panchecco

I don't agree with you 100% but yes I think she should change things up for the JWT

The MBT was incredibly put together, the story was good, the visuals on point and the different stages for the different parts of the show were cohesive and interesting.

The BTWBT had zero visuals but the castle itself was so massive and well made that the whole show looked magical and fun even from far away (I attended it and I was very far but it looked amazing). I get that you think the castle was too big and too static and that it might have lacked lighting and visuals but I think that was intentional, in fact I think they wanted the castle to feel as real as possible (in which they succeded imho) and they wanted the main focus to be on Gaga the whole time so they decided to not "over use" the castle (or maybe overshadow it) with crazy videos and lighting.

As regards the artRAVE I'm still trying to decide if I liked it or not. :huh: 
The lights and visuals were great (even though I would have loved to see more of the greek mythology aesthetic instead of the dreadlocks raver girl aesthetic) but the stage did nothing to me, the white building (Olympus temple ??) looked so small and useless especially coming after the BTWB castle (which was massive and beautiful). Also the show had no story (a rave/concert with colors and lights but very few theatrical elements - which I guess was the point of the show but still) which for me made the show less interesting than her previous tours. The see-through runways were very cool though.

I guess what I want for the JWT is a mixture of the elements that worked for each tour:

- a good main stage's structure (like "the city" from the first act of the MBT or the BTWB castle)
- different "stages" for the different sections of the show (MBT)
- good lighting and visuals (MBT and artRAVE)
- and most importantly a story (like the journey to go to the Monster Ball or the amazing concept of Gaga as an alien trying to invade earth with a new race based on love, unity and acceptance)

As long as it is good, I don't really care if it was made by the Haus or not. They better serve Super Bowl Halftime vibes though.

Archived