đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga and Haus Should not Design the Stage

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

AlphaMonster

I think Gaga and Haus are great for creating little details for shows but they are never elaborate on the big scale. I hope Gaga works with professionals on the stage design :gum:

When you look at holistically even Britney's last 2 tour stages were better than Gaga's tour stages. Gaga just does a sloppy job with pyrotechnics by using lots of randomly shaking lights instead of sharp precise light movements, she puts bubbles or simply colors on the screens. 

This tour is selling so good like this is how Beyonce became the person she is today, Gags' should step her game up this tour while GP is buying her tix. 

Edit: No, BTW Ball castle was not "elaborate" for a concert. As their different modes of communication like visual, auditory, touch; there are different types of visuals. A good staging is the one that combines different visual components sharply this includes decors, backdrop videos, motions, lights, lasers, lights reflecting on surfaces, fogs, motions of lights being sharp and precise(which Gaga's the worst at, her pyrotechnics is always random). BTW Ball castle was only a static decor(yes static, castle moving for 2 minutes in a 2 hour concert does not make it visually dynamic) plus lights. Monster Ball was probably the top show Gaga combined all these visual components effectively and dynamically. 

Edit2: Let this topic die, and stop quoting this post, especially with factually wrong or unsupported arguments that people somehow manage to see as opinions

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlphaMonster
2 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Wait, what? Is the Born This Way Ball castle not elaborate enough?

No. It was one of the most expensive touring stages but it was a static structure that seemed dull from far away. 

It was good and novel but not visually entertaining. 

joannester

The Iconic artRave catwalks and the BTWB castle beg to disagree

I'll mop you all across the floor, snatch your fĎ…ckÎąng weave out Î’itch

FATCAT

I agree to a certain extent. If they can accomplish a BTWB equivalent to the artRave minimalist stage, then I'd be sold.

Purr more, hiss less.

takemetovenus

Nah I want them to, especially seeing all the visuals and performances we've seen this era, I'll be happy.

Future Lover
1 minute ago, AlphaMonster said:

No. It was one of the most expensive touring stages but it was a static structure that seemed dull from far away. 

It was good and novel but not visually entertaining. 

?

born-this-way-ball-tour.jpg

What would you recommend then? From the shows I have been to there has never been a problem with the lighting.

KennyRichie
1 minute ago, Future Lover said:

?

What would you recommend then? From the shows I have been to there has never been a problem with the lighting.

I have personally attend the BTW Ball and I have to admit is my fav concert ever. 

I know is relative if you like it or not, buy Alpha Monster is incorrect saying it was dull. Quite the opposite 

AlphaMonster
2 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

?

This is MDNA Tour's last performance shot from high up in a stadium show. 

This is a video of BTW Ball shot from high up in stadium. Born this way castle is just a static building with lights, it does not change or entertain visually, if you're far there is literally no difference between lights on a black curtain or castle. 

AlphaMonster
3 minutes ago, KennyRichie said:

I have personally attend the BTW Ball and I have to admit is my fav concert ever. 

I know is relative if you like it or not, buy Alpha Monster is incorrect saying it was dull. Quite the opposite 

You are a fan. Put yourself in shoes of a GP who bought a ticket to BTW Ball stadium show, from 90 mts away, they cannot even properly see which dance movement Gaga does, and background is just a castle with lights on it, it does not change or anything. It is boring. It gives atmosphere, it is an artistic statement but it is not entertaining to non fans.

manicholic

Yaas Gaga please work with Willo Perron and Matt Williams again!

There's nothing harder for people to do than admit they were fooled.

nakedidea

I'm not sure which Britney stages you're looking at, but Gaga's last two tour stages have been I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!

"Born this way" Castle was HUGE and INTERACTIVE. It truly was a KINGDOM for all us little monsters. Not only that, but the catwalk went around the GA, reaching out to more fans.

The "ARTRAVE" elevated catwalk was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, ever. Anywhere on the floor was an opportunity to reach out to Gaga and create that "EXPERIENCE". The stage props didn't really matter because that catwalk was EVERYTHING. And the lights/lasers were also VERY AWESOME.

Archived