💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Experts: Beyonce is the greatest living artist

KleinGa

Featured Posts

monsterdino
2 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

You forgot, a 'vocalist', a true singer, you know the primary fundamental to be in this industry that a lot of "artists" doesn't/couldn't master :) 

14 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Greatest Living Artist?

NO

Gretest Living Performer?

Maybe.

Beyonce for me is not artist, but a great singer and dancer. Sorry but she needs 1000 producers and writers for her songs, where's other ARTISTS just write/produce themselves or with help of 2-3 co-writers/co-producers and it's not all about the songs but I doubt that she is the mastermind behind her performancers or music videos.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
2 hours ago, vivre sa vie said:

and UNEDUCATED she doesn't know how to speak! She has a whole team behind her! She doesnt know a sh*t! :bye:

This, lmao she even hired writers for her Grammy acceptence speech and she couldn't even remeber it so she read it. :rip: 

monsterdino
2 hours ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

The bolded is false.

Also, unrelated to the quote, ya'll need to learn that you don't have to pen your own songs to be a musician, the same way you don't need to be a producer, or a composer :saladga: 

Its just such a tired argument thats based on "I feel this way, so its true!" and its so tired.

musician agree you dont have to, but artist yes you do have to 

boyerased

Is she the greatest musician now? No. I'd argue that Mariah and Madonna's lyrical and musical works are better. But she is undoubtedly among her female peers the best performer. 

She is a good curator. The only thing stopping me is that her "art" doesn't feel organic. It doesn't feel sincere. It was carefully constructed by a professional team behind the scenes to project a larger than life image.  So no, you can't say that Beyonce ALONE is the greatest artist. 

monsterdino
2 hours ago, BrothaGaga said:

I say Björk. 

Consistent artistry and imagery.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Björk is a perfect definiton of what a real artist is suppoused to be

OldLittleMonste

I'm old kids. For pop stars, we used to have Janet Jackson. Whitney. Kylie. Sade. Hell, Amy Winehouse. Beyonce is great because everyone else is watered down. (Gaga excluded. She's in a class of her own because she can actually play. And I just love her.)  I do love a few Bey songs, but pit her against Whitney in her non cracked out prime? No dice.  :classy:

24 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

lol Madonna was never capable to dance nor sing like Beyoncé. I'd put her and Britney in the same category, just "entertainers". 

And why did you have to quote me and not just post your opinion? :huh:

29 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Okay lets take Beyonce as a 'performer'. she's good at what she does know and for other stuff like song-writting  and producing (stuff she's unfamiliar with) she hires people who're skilled in that department so her final work would be well thought from all aspects and neat by all means of the word. 

While lets take a look at "artist", I'll use madonna as an example, although she's the master of her work (the wizard behind the curtain), her song writing is mediocre, her dancing is okay at best, and she's not a very good live singer. 

So me as a consumer if I had to choose between the two singers albums, with all due respect to madonna and her "artsy" but I really don't care whats goes behind the scene or 'who wrote this or produced that' if the final product (songs) is solid (sounds good), so my pick is Beyonce; and same goes to live concerts, Beyonce serves a better show by far. 

monsterdino
2 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

While lets take a look at "artist", I'll use madonna as an example, although she's the master of her work (the wizard behind the curtain), her song writing is mediocre, her dancing is okay at best, and she's not a very good live singer. 

So me as a consumer if I had to choose between the two singers albums, with all due respect to madonna and her "artsy" but I really don't care whats goes behind the scene or 'who wrote this or produced that' if the final product (songs) is solid (sounds good), so my pick is Beyonce; and same goes to live concerts, Beyonce serves a better show by far. 

Well atleast she created the concepts for her albums, covers, music videos, songs or whatnot and that makes her atleast an artist. I didn't say whose songs are better, I just said that Beyonce is not an artist. Plus I'm sure you've never heared Madonna's work past her 10's. They are waaaay better thank what you think.

The Fame Joanne

Last time I checked Madonna was alive :nails: 

you don't have to like her recent stuff and attitude but don't act like she's not the biggest music legend alive 

21 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Well atleast she created the concepts for her albums, covers, music videos, songs or whatnot and that makes her atleast an artist. I didn't say whose songs are better, I just said that Beyonce is not an artist. Plus I'm sure you've never heared Madonna's work past her 10's. They are waaaay better thank what you think.

Again madonna created all that herself, true. But still not as good, thats my point. Ive heard most of madonnas hits, my personal favorite is 'Ray Of Light' which I've discovered later was a cover (quite disappointing). None of her work comes close to Halo imo. 

And I believe the word "artist" is used loosely in that article, bet they meant 'singer' but the term 'artist' is used on everybody associated in the industry; that being said, Beyonce is one of if not the greatest living musician today, she's been playing her cards right to maintain her status since 'BEYONCE' album and I can see the direction and imagery she's going with her next work; kudos to her for having a long going career and she's going stronger than ever today. 

aaronyoji

god, acts all artsy fartsy the past two and a half years and all of a sudden people call you a revolutionary creative spirit thats been paving the way from day one.... beyonce is a performer, not an artist. 

Epione

Beyonce is not educated enough to know these things. Her team created it and she is announced as best artist. :sharon: These experts should check their heads. Seriously.

Archived