Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Alijandro

Bump.

So I just started A Dance With Dragons today! :party: The Prologue was just :coffee:

Congrats! I should get back to reading now my exams are done, so not motivated to do anything except be a vegetable and watch tv shows a series at a time. Crazy storm here today, feels like a stay in bed and crack out the season 1 blu ray again type of day

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Alijandro

So after spending a rainy day in my bed reading, I finally finished AFFC :party:

Like all the books the final few chapters do really pick up (in this case make it bearable), but I really like alot of the turns for characters who have had pretty mundane stories in this book, especially Cersei, Jaime and Allayne (so pretty much all the POV's :P )

Also really loved the shocker with the 'hooded woman', did NOT see that coming, as well as the new found relevance our white haired princess has, cannot wait to get started on ADWD

Lion Heart

Not to discourage anyone or anything, but a Dance With Dragons is dragging as well. :/

These are brilliant:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Not to discourage anyone or anything, but a Dance With Dragons is dragging as well. :/

These are brilliant:

I've already been so discouraged with both book 4 and 5 by Amazon reviews to the point where I've seen people say they're not even going to give Winds of Winter a chance.

I think the people who say they're not going to give WoW a chance are just being over dramatic, but I don't know.. seeing as I've not read 4 or 5 yet.

I'm going to go into those books expecting them to be complete ****, so hopefully my very very low expectations will make me think it's not so bad.

Anyway, I've been distracted these days by trying to get caught up in a couple TV shows, but I just started reading again last night and I read 10% yesterday and I have 10% left to read right now/tonight, so i'll be done with Clash of Kings finally tonight!

Storm of Swords - I'm almost ready! >;D

Those videos are so well put together. Love them!

Just read this in the Sansa chapter I just read.

"It is a ship I need, not a net for my hair."

Sansa, you're starting to sound like Dany.

Edited by Rito

Alijandro

I have actually really enjoyed it thusfar. I was sorely missing Bran, Jon, Tyrion and Dany and to have them come at you straight out of the gates without new POV's was really great.

Also the shorter chapters are a breath of fresh air after AFFC, and also the sense of direction that the story has taken, whilst in AFFC it seemed like alot of nothing.

Forgot to mention that I finished Clash of Kings a couple nights ago, but since then my nights have been focused on studying for a test I missed in May, but I'm finally taking that test tomorrow.

So, that means I'll be starting Storm of Swords tomorrow! :]

I have actually really enjoyed it thusfar. I was sorely missing Bran, Jon, Tyrion and Dany and to have them come at you straight out of the gates without new POV's was really great.

Also the shorter chapters are a breath of fresh air after AFFC, and also the sense of direction that the story has taken, whilst in AFFC it seemed like alot of nothing.

You give me hope with DWD.

I've only ever seen negative reviews, so this is refreshing.

Lion Heart

Forgot to mention that I finished Clash of Kings a couple nights ago, but since then my nights have been focused on studying for a test I missed in May, but I'm finally taking that test tomorrow.

So, that means I'll be starting Storm of Swords tomorrow! :]

Nice! Go kick that test's ass! :king:

I never realized that in the scene where they show Septa Mordane's head on a spike that the one next to her head is George W. Bush's head.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/game-of-thrones-creators-used-george-w-bush-mask-as-gory-prop--2012146

People got mad because of that so..

All season 1 DVD's and Blu-rays are being discontinued and the new edited version to not show the head as much will be coming out on July 9th.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/25/game-of-thrones-president-bush-head-replaced-new-photo/

Nice! Go kick that test's ass! :king:

Thank you!

Pretty sure I did! :)

Just read the first Jaime chapter and I can tell I'm going to love his PoV!

For some reason I thought it would be Brienne PoV in the Jaime/Brienne scenes in season 2.

I'm kind of glad Jaime gets his own PoV though because I've been waiting to get to know his character more for a while now.

"First photo from Game of Thrones season 3 set is out... and it's a stuffed wolf in a wheelbarrow."

555528_10151012675572074_1484045144_n.jpg

Lion Heart

Interesting :eek:

Alijandro

Im guessing its an Arya scene, or possibly Brienne/ Jaime. I guess we will find out in 9 months :smh:

Lion Heart

Im guessing its an Arya scene, or possibly Brienne/ Jaime. I guess we will find out in 9 months :smh:

Btw how far are you into DWD? I'm on page 242- just finished up a Tyrion chapter.

@ Rito: how are you liking ASOS?

THIS IS SO COOL! :(click on link and then click on image to enlarge.)

http://i.imgur.com/ldtnk.png

Alijandro

Haven't read in a few weeks, BTWBalling right now, will probably start again soon (and at start of same Tyrion chapter!)

These are killing me. :lmao: :lmao:

"Game of Thrones as the Real Housewives of Westeros"

http://gilderoys.tum.../tagged/realgot

http://gilderoys.tum.../realgot/page/2

Btw how far are you into DWD? I'm on page 242- just finished up a Tyrion chapter.

@ Rito: how are you liking ASOS?

THIS IS SO COOL! :(click on link and then click on image to enlarge.)

http://i.imgur.com/ldtnk.png

Even though nothing eventful has really happened yet, I'm already loving it!

I'm only on the seventh chapter right now, so up next is the first Sansa chapter.

Been getting distracted with watching shows, so I always keep going "one more episode" until it's so late that I don't have much time to read. I always get at least one chapter in per day though.

Almost done with the show anyway, so in a couple days I'll be focusing more on SoS. :)

I love that map you posted!

SoS thoughts

I can't wait to see this Jaime character development. I've heard that it's on par with Daenerys development in season 1, so I'm super excited for that.

Hoping Sansa learned from the events in Clash of Kings and actually grew half a brain for Storm of Swords.. I shall see.

I can't at Tywin telling Tyrion that he killed his own mother... you're grown up and you're actually blaming him? I can't.. him and Cersei both. Yeah, it's a ****ty situation, but it's not like he did it on purpose.. :roll:

• Lion Heart locked this topic