• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

If you want a Game of Thrones sticker be sure to check into Game of Thrones on GetGlue during the premiere.

http://getglue.com/stickers/hbo/game_of_thrones_season_2_premiere

http://getglue.com/stickers/hbo/game_of_thrones_day

Also, if you just check in now you can get this:

http://getglue.com/brandon_shade/stickers/hbo/game_of_thrones_house_targaryen

If you don't know how GetGlue works.. after you check into things and get 20 stickers they send you physical copies of your stickers to you for free.

Lion Heart

http://www.time.com/...2109625,00.html

Vote GRRM in the 2012 TIME 100 Poll!

Voted :woot:

If you want a Game of Thrones sticker be sure to check into Game of Thrones on GetGlue during the premiere.

http://getglue.com/s...ason_2_premiere

http://getglue.com/s..._of_thrones_day

Also, if you just check in now you can get this:

http://getglue.com/b...house_targaryen

If you don't know how GetGlue works.. after you check into things and get 20 stickers they send you physical copies of your stickers to you for free.

They finally put some decent stickers :shocked: Oh God- time flew by quickly :cry: BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bQ2nJJYk5s&feature=youtu.be

RICKON STARK IS ALIVE!

tumblr_m1r5inYis91qhu9p7o2_500.png :cry:

BTW: I just finished a Brienne chapter (starts on page 656)- my admiration for this woman keeps growing.

"..a true knight is sworn to protect those who are weaker than himself, or die in the attempt."

Edited by King
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Alijandro

going to be stuck at work most of the day tomorrow, it starts 9am my time and i work 9-5 :(

going to be the longest day of my life tbh

I thought I had HBO so was all :lala: for the past few days only to realize that we don't have HBO.

I doubt my parents would order it just for one show, and if they did, they would want to see the show, too, if I think it's worth ordering the channel, and once some boobs and butts and other nudes come along they'll be all :eek: :fat: and cancel it.

:giveup:

Lion Heart

going to be stuck at work most of the day tomorrow, it starts 9am my time and i work 9-5 :(

going to be the longest day of my life tbh

:(

Tonight :bunny:

:legend:

I thought I had HBO so was all :lala: for the past few days only to realize that we don't have HBO.

I doubt my parents would order it just for one show, and if they did, they would want to see the show, too, if I think it's worth ordering the channel, and once some boobs and butts and other nudes come along they'll be all :eek: :fat: and cancel it.

Hopefully a good streaming site (or something) will be available :/

Edit: tumblr_m1oavtkjXe1qe6mdpo1_500.gif

Edited by King

Definitely live streaming. Can't wait to watch and discuss with everyone. :excited2: Hopefully more records will be broken this season (hopefully with this first episode).

Just a couple hours left. :party:

Finished A Game of Thrones last night, but didn't start Clash of Kings yet.

Oh well, i'll start it tonight after episode 1 airs! :party:

GoT took me exactly one month since I started it on March 1st.. that's so bad. I need to read more during the day than just at night.

GoT took me exactly one month since I started it on March 1st.. that's so bad. I need to read more during the day than just at night.

tumblr_ln3lrqmhar1qjuha7o1_400.gif

So what are your thoughts on the book series so far?

While it is a tad annoying at times, I suppose I just fell in love with Martin's belief that good hardly ever triumphs over evil, and that books should reflect that. Because of those realistic aspects, I find it so difficult to read other books (*cough*HungerGames*cough*) without scoffing every other page due to the "purely coincidental" fairy-tale aspects of them.

While it is a tad annoying at times, I suppose I just fell in love with Martin's belief that good hardly ever triumphs over evil, and that books should reflect that. Because of those realistic aspects, I find it so difficult to read other books (*cough*HungerGames*cough*) without scoffing every other page due to the "purely coincidental" fairy-tale aspects of them.

:clap:

Happy to see other people who dislike that series. I read ASOIAF after reading the HG books and because of that it felt like 10x better than it already is. GRRM takes some serious risks, and he really makes them feel real, partly due to all the deaths (I really really want HP and HG fans who say the authors "didn't hold back punches" with all the deaths to read ASOIAF - these books make Rowling and Collins look like wimps). And the s-x, which he doesn't avoid because s-x is just as important to humans irl as they are in the books.

And Rito, I try to read CoK before the season ends, because I'm pretty sure they've added things that don't happen/you don't find out about until SoS into this season, so it might potentially spoil the third book. :ohno:

:clap:

Happy to see other people who dislike that series. I read ASOIAF after reading the HG books and because of that it felt like 10x better than it already is. GRRM takes some serious risks, and he really makes them feel real, partly due to all the deaths (I really really want HP and HG fans who say the authors "didn't hold back punches" with all the deaths to read ASOIAF - these books make Rowling and Collins look like wimps). And the s-x, which he doesn't avoid because s-x is just as important to humans irl as they are in the books.

Try reading the whole ASOIAF series before reading the Hunger Games series. The entire first book probably took me three days to get through. Out of those three days, I was on the first chapter for two of those days. It was just so difficult to continue reading the sub-par writing style. And let's not even get started on how I feel about first-person narrative in a novel. :shutup: I will say it was better than the Twilight series though. So is getting run over by a train multiple times.

Martin gets that there needs to be a sense of realism in novels. Sure, there are some happy endings, but not most of the time.

For example, regarding the Red Wedding and post-Red Wedding events, there are many men like Tywin out there who use strategic, but completely inhumane tactics to win, and there are people like Walder Frey who have no morality that would sew a wolf's head onto a man's body purely to disrespect him and humour themselves.

And while most people think these things were unnecessary, they were very necessary to show that this stuff happens, not just in Westoros, and that humankind isn't as pure as other authors will have you believe.

Lion Heart

I started AFFC in Mid-January and I'm still not finished :dies: I'm exactly 300 pages away from the ending.

Now that Season 2 is on its way, let us have a moment of silence for all the great men and fools we lost in Season 1:

Viserys Targaryen- murdered at the hands of Khal Drogo.

viserys-targaryen_288x288.jpg

Khal Drogo- death caused by infection by the hands of Mirri Muiz M.

for%20film%202.jpg.opt315x304o0,0s315x304.jpg

King Robert Baratheon- "murdered by a pig".

robert-baratheon-game-of-thrones-17629743-1280-720_288x288.jpg

Lord Eddard Stark- beheaded at the command of King Joffrey Baratheon

eddard-ned-stark-1024-300x300.jpg

Who else will fall to the treacherous Game of Thrones? "Anyone Can Be Killed".

I'm really loving the book series so far! I wasn't sure if it would hold up to the expectations I had after watching the first season, but it passed my expectations 100x.

Sometimes the kind of long descriptions can be a bit overbearing though, but I guess it can be necessary to complete the full picture.

I agree, I love that he doesn't make it so good always prevails over evil. Ned's death was sad, but it added sooo much more depth to the story that it's crazy.

I have a feeling that there's going to be so many more dramatic and sad deaths to come.

I know of a couple, but not the details.

Renly and Robb, but know nothing about how they die, so it's going to be interesting to read about that. Spoiled it myself on Tumblr when I learned to not check the Game of Thrones tag until I finish Dance with Dragons. >.>

I did enjoy The Hunger Games, but I read that a few books before I started Game of Thrones, so it's going to be interesting when I go back to re-read it after I finish Dance with Dragons in some months.

The 3rd book in that series is kind of terrible and rushed though. It has absolutely nothing on Game of Thrones with "holding back punches" like Fey said.

And Rito, I try to read CoK before the season ends, because I'm pretty sure they've added things that don't happen/you don't find out about until SoS into this season, so it might potentially spoil the third book. :ohno:

Ew.

Well, hopefully it won't spoil too much of the 3rd book. I heard that they're going to split the 3rd book into 2 seasons, so it shouldn't spoil too much then, right? x-x;

I probably kind of dragged out GoT because I already knew everything that was going to happen, so it was kind of tedious at times and just wanted to continue the story. Hopefully CoK will be a quicker read for me even though it has about 300 pages more.

Edited by Rito

• Lion Heart locked this topic