Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

*CLASH OF KINGS (HBO) BOOK COVER REVEALED:

*edit: this one doesn't work... look at my next post

Express your genuine and bitter dissapointment below :crossed:

Edit: Ok, it's not that bad, but I was expecting the cover to feature a Cast Member

Edited by King
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

I can't see it. :noparty:

Shows a broken image symbol.

Ok here it is

TWeg6.png

It still hasn't been Confirmed... but last year's HBO version of book 1 also leaked, so...

Edited by King

Ahh, looks pretty nice, but like you said.. I would prefer it be a picture with a cast member or different variations with different cast members.

Lion Heart

I think Tyrion Lannister would have been the perfect choice for the Cover- or hell maybe even Renly with his Amor and Crown. It's ok... but I was expecting a bit more I guess...I think the HBO version of the book comes out on March 6th...

Also I heard the RPG for the Game comes out on May 15, 2012.

And this: The Game of Thrones cast had some sort of DVD launch party. Here are some pics:

Here are all the pics:

http://www.gettyimag...+-+DVD+premiere+#

Brienne, Jaime, and Bran >>>>>>

WTF are you wearing Emilia (Daenerys). Robb you look absolutely terrible with a Haircut. :jawdrop: @ Maise (Arya) with that dress on (how old are you gurl!??!), and Sophie (Sansa) looks daring in that dress too. Oona (Jeyne- the one with an interesting black dress) looks beautiful as well.

Edited by King

Maise, stop. You are like 5. :eww:

Bran looks so much older in modern clothes, jeez.

Harry Lloyd... :hotdamn:

Lion Heart

Puberty is coming.... for Bran. Well nvm it already did. He definitely looks older in there compared to last year. Seriously Maise WTF- I don't think the girl is pass 15 years. :eww: I'm not liking what Harry Lloyd is wearing either. :nails:

Now time for some Random GoT Epic scenes: This scene literally froze me to death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onHzSSOVdrE

OMFG Just saw this

Edited by King

Lion Heart

*GAME OF THRONES NOMINATED FOR 4 SATURN AWARDS

*saturn1.jpg

Best Presentation on Television: Game of Thrones

Best Actor on Televison: Sean Bean (Ned Stark)

Best Actress on Television: Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister)

Best S. Actor in Television: Kit Harington (Jon Snow)...

The 2012 Saturn Awards will be presented Wednesday, June 20, in Burbank.

http://collider.com/...ns-2012/148931/ :golfclap:

tumblr_m05vsfCVtw1qhnk1to1_500.gif

tumblr_lz0f3kr6uM1r89388o1_500.gif

Edited by King

Lion Heart

^ Lmao :lmfao: I still can't get over how "Womanly" Arya looks in that dress :sick:

*INTERVIEW WITH NATALIA TENA (OSHA)

*osha-hair-300x199.png

Winter is Coming: I know you can’t get into any details, but how was filming for season two? How do you think this season will compare to last season?

Natalia Tena: Funny, cold, plus got to meet some more cast that joined season 2 and they are absolute gems!!!

WiC: You have a lot of scenes opposite Isaac Hempstead-Wright who plays Bran Stark. Tell us a little about working with Isaac.

NT: He’s a dude!! He’s attentive, focused and playful. I think he’s a banging person.

WiC: Last season the direwolves were played by real dogs, and while they were cute, they reportedly had trouble following direction. This season they’ve decided to use CGI wolves instead [Ed. note: since asking this question, it has come to light that they may be using a combination of CGI, animatronics and live animals]. Which is harder, acting with real animals or imaginary ones?

NT: Last year it was tricky working with them because in scenes where the dogs were meant to growl at you they would instead come up and lick your face!!! They where beautiful!! I got to have practice with CGI doing Harry Potter so it wasn’t as hard the 2nd time.

WiC: Osha has a very distinct hairstyle, I like to call it “wildling chic.†So is that your real hair or just a wig?

NT: Hahahaha, wilding chic!!! It was my hair! They back combed the hell out of it so I would look like crazy medieval bag lady! The best is when I didn’t have time to sort it out before getting on a flight to Berlin to play with my band Molotov Jukebox when we supported The Kooks last November and I would get amazing looks and stares from airport security!

WiC: You played Nymphadora Tonks in the Harry Potter films. With Game of Thrones now sky rocketing in popularity, when out in public, are you recognized more for Tonks or more for Osha?

NT: I’m hardly ever recognised!! Sometimes I’ll get someone [that will] stare at me and ask ‘do I know you from somewhere?’ to which I answer ‘the pub?’

WiC: We totally appreciate the fact that you did a video thank-you for winning Favorite Supporting Actress on WinterIsComing.net. Did it surprise you that Osha resonated so strongly with the fans?

NT: YES!! Didn’t think that anyone would even notice me!!!

WiC: George R. R. Martin was quoted as saying you were one of those rare people who had played her character different from the one he had written in his books, and in a positive way. So much so he’s thought about subtly changing the book Osha to have a few of your character’s qualities. What is your response to that? And how did you approach the character in your audition and then the actual filming?

NT: I’D NEVER HEARD THAT!! I’m so chuffed he said that, wow!! When I went to the audition I wore a long scraggy brown dress I had and put a garland of ivy I had found at a festival on my head and went in thinking what sort of animal she would be. I thought a leopard, controlled and ready to pounce, so that’s what I went for! I’m so lucky they liked it!

WiC: When season one was airing, you said you read all 4 books. Have you had a chance to read the 5th book yet? Do you think having read all the books has helped you in playing your role?

NT: I BOUGHT IT IMMEDIATELY!! I love the books, I literally cannot wait till the next book!!!! Reading the books definitely helps you get into the mindset of the world of Game of Thrones and therefore massively helps you slot your character into that universe.

Not sure how I feel about CGI wolves :/

EDIT:

"Gurl bye": tumblr_lxlpdjw92v1r7j1rdo1_250.giftumblr_lxlpdjw92v1r7j1rdo9_250.gif*gulp*: tumblr_lxlpdjw92v1r7j1rdo8_250.gif

Edited by King

Goldenhen

I still can't get over how "Womanly" Arya looks in that dress :sick:

At first I was like "Who is this girl? :huh: How come I never saw her in GoT?" and then it took me a minute to realised it was actress who is playing Arya. I feel so bad for not recognise her. :cry:

Lion Heart

*New interviews with Tom Wlaschiha (Jaqen H'ghar) and Carice van Houten (Melissandre)

Tom speaks vaguely of his mysterious character in the interview, avoiding spoilers (great for newbies!) and says of Jaqen’s famously two-toned hairstyle:

“…in the books it’s clearly two colors  the grey or white and red. A lot of people are very concerned that might look ridiculous in real life, but I think they did an incredible job – [the] makeup people. I thought it [looked] perfectly natural. The last time I had long hair, I was 24. That’s quite a while ago, so it felt good to have long hair again.â€

He shares what it was like working with Maisie Williams (Arya):

“She’s great. I mean, it’s incredible. Everything seems to come really natural with her. You don’t have the impression  I mean how old is she?… I think she’s 14 now and she’s totally cool and doesn’t seem to be nervous. [she] just does her stuff and delivers perfectly.â€

There is also a great interview with Carice van Houten (Melisandre) at Vulture.com. Carice discusses her new film Black Butterflies, which features her Game of Thrones costar Liam Cunningham. This interview has a few spoilers, so you may want to pass on it if you haven’t read the ASOIAF series.

About her character Melisandre’s appearance, Carice says:

I have big sleeves, and a big wig, great red hair. Everybody has a wig, except the girl who plays Arya. She cut her hair. And I have a big ruby, but I don’t think it is glowing. And my eyes aren’t red. I think they’re trying to make Melisandre look a little more human.

Carice confirms she originally was asked to audition for the role of Cersei, and is questioned about onscreen nudity, something expected in both her Game of Thrones and Black Butterflies roles:

“We kill everyone in films, we see blood, we see war, we see killing machines, but you cannot see a breast that your mother has. It needs to be in an elegant way, of course. But who has their bra on during s-x? It’s so much easier if you just let it all loose. Let it hang. Let people see some flesh. It’s not necessarily my favorite thing to do; it’s not like I’m running around with my bra off on every set, or going, “Hey, when can I take my bra off?†But I’m lucky enough to still be young enough where it’s okay. I could understand not wanting me to do that if I were older. But if you’re making love in a film, you gotta take the bra off.â€

*e2ApP.gif

Edited by King

Lion Heart

^ Awesome :woot:

(Sorry If I end up triple- quadruple posting- these things are long and i can only fit a certain amount it seems.)

*A Song of Ice and Lolz- Epidose 1: Part One

Winterfell!!

Background: Winterfell is the where the Starks live, the auburn haired honorable family who rule the northern part of the realm.

Stark Likes: cold, honesty, climbing, wolves, knowing winter is always on the way, L.L. Bean, ten hour work days, the missionary position probably, Bon Iver

Stark Dislikes: lying, bastards, the Kardashians, Elvis shaking his hips on Ed Sullivan, Twitter (they don’t see the point), cats

Family: Ned (dad) Catelyn (mom) Robb (oldest brother) Sansa (oldest sister) Arya (youngest sister) Bran (middle brother) Rickon (youngest brother) Jon (Ned’s bastard son)

Bran, Jon, and Robb (ROBB!) are playing with arrows and Sansa and Arya are stitching. Normal family stuff when you don’t have the internet. Sansa is killing it at stitching while Arya’s over it.

nqu0iv1325567575.jpg

Arya hears the boys laughing in the yard and is pissed she doesn’t get to play too. Arya, I hear you! The patriarchy sucks!

Bran tries to hit the target and misses, all the boys laugh at him, Ned’s like, “You’re all losers, keep trying Bran,†because Ned Stark is the best dad in the world. Jon and Robb give Bran advice on how to aim but I can’t hear it over how attractive they are.

5htfwc1325006694.jpg

Bran pulls back the bow and an arrow lands in the center of the target. He turns around because he didn’t shoot and Arya is standing behind him. (This is just the first of many bad ass things Arya will do.) They all look at her and she gives them a mother****ing curtsy because Arya is a honey badger and she don’t give a **** about your backward gender roles.

Bran starts to chase her while everyone laughs at their youthful hijinks. Good luck Bran, you’re chasing the biggest BAMF in the Seven Kingdoms.

Rodric, Ned’s pal with crazy facial hair, comes up to him and Catelyn and tells them they captured a deserter from the Night Watch and it’s head chomping time. Ned believes the man who passes a death sentence should carry out the killing (which is a pretty solid philosophy.) Ned: “Bran’s gonna come with me while I kill this dude.†Catelyn says he’s too young, because Catelyn’s main role is to be a wet blanket over everything that everybody wants to do all the time. Ned is like, “grunt man stuff,†and Catelyn is like, “frown woman stuff.â€

Jon is putting arrows away and sees Catelyn looking at him like she just saw someone ****ting in her favorite shoes. (Catelyn is supposedly a super honorable, moral person but she’s a complete ass to Jon all the time because he’s a product of Ned’s infidelity. It’s like Christians who hate homos-xuals.) Jon feels super emo about it and is going to write in his live journal and listen to Yellowcard and write song lyrics on his jeans.

1zgasb1325366163.jpg

(Cat, can I call you Cat? Can we rap for a sec? You’ve had 15/17 years to get to know/not treat like a complete piece of **** your husband’s son. Jon Snow seems like a polite young man, is this constant venomous animosity really necessary? Wouldn’t it just be easier, on a day to day basis, to be nice to him? No? You can’t get over the fact that Ned ****ed someone else that one time almost two decades ago? And you insist on taking it out on the kid who didn’t really have a ton of choice in how he was born? Really? You need to do all those things? All right, just checking.)

Misty Moors!

They bring the deserter to Ned, dude is like, “My face is covered in sores and I desperately need chapstick, but I totally saw some zombies and got super scared and I didn’t tell the people at the Wall I just peaced.†(You didn’t warn the Wall about the zombies? That’s pretty lame. Also how did you get over the Wall without telling anyone?) Dude continues, “If you get word to my family tell them I’m a coward and I’m sorry.†If I was his family I would not want to receive that message! “Your son’s dead but he wanted you to know he’s a coward.†“You couldn’t have left that last part out…†“He said to tell you….so……†Ned’s all, “In the name of the king blah blah†Slice! Off with the dude’s head. Robb has a beautiful moment where he lightly grabs Bran’s shoulder and puts his arm around him, subtly letting Bran know that what he just went through was rough and he’s not a baby for feeling what he’s feeling. Robb is such a good older brother.

wsde8p1325203266.jpg

Ned tries to explain to Bran about his capitol punishment philosophy but Bran’s like, “I heard him say zombies? Did you hear him say zombies? Because I’m pretty sure he said zombies?†Ned:

usxbtg1325006812.jpg

On their way home they come across a fight between a giant stag and a giant wolf that both animals lost. The wolf has five adorable little baby puppies that are still trying to hang out with their dead mom. The wolf is a direwolf which is a giant, super smart wolf. It’s like a daemon if daemon’s were wolves? Robb says, “There are no direwolfs south of the wall.†Robb, I love you and we will have a beautiful marriage based on honestly and mutual respect, but there are 5 direwolves right in front of you, think before you talk! Ned: “Well I guess we kill them, quickly, it will be merciful, I’ll do it myself.†Ned is on a killing streak, everyone’s like, “We get it.†Theon starts grabbing for the puppies all, “Do you want me to cut their hearts out first?â€

rw8j3j1325551468.jpg

Robb’s like:

98eesc1325126386.jpg

Jon Snow goes, “Uhh guys the direwolf is the sigil of your house and there are five of them and you have five kids. We live in a dark and brutal time and everyone believes pretty strongly in symbols, so like maybe we should take this as a sign and we should just keep them? Plus, you never know when you’re going to need a wolf.†Jon Snow, despite popular opinion, does not in fact know nothing.

Ned: “Ugh all right. But I am not walking them and if they go in the house you have to clean it up!†And you totally know in two weeks Ned’s going to be cleaning up dog **** at 6 am and finally snapping and yelling at Catelyn, “Well if I don’t walk them no one will!â€

Jon finds a small white runty one and is like, “What about this guy?†Theon goes full Nelson from the Simpsons: “HA HA That one’s you Snow!†And then they all have a good laugh about how Jon doesn’t know

--------

Catelyn comes out to find Ned in the Godswood (outdoor worship place with a really cool tree for the old gods of the Seven Kingdoms.) They talk about gods for a bit (Catelyn converted to Judiasm for the marriage.) She’s tells him the King’s Hand is dead and the king is coming to Winterfell for a visit. Ned: “If he’s coming all the way up here, that only means one thing.†Catelyn: “You could just tell him to **** off?â€

wcxwur1325607598.jpg

Catelyn begins making preparations for the kings visit. She’s nervous about having enough candles for Tyrion who supposedly likes to read all night. Her dude is more worried about having enough booze for how much he’s going to drink and then they make jokes about how short he is. SIZESTS! (And of course Catelyn would think short jokes are funny.)

AND NOW the best scene in the entire episode/series. Robb and Jon and Theon naked together getting their beards shaved in anticipation for the Kings’s arrival. There is literally no need for this scene or at least no need for them all to be shirtless other than the fact that the gods are good and love me.

xaykg61325203766.jpg

Catelyn’s making them shave so they look prettier than they already are. (Thanks Catelyn!) Robb (shirtless) says that he hears the Prince Joffrey is a prick. He’s beautiful (shirtless) and smart!! I take what I said earlier back Robb!! And then Robb makes a joke about how Jon 1. has total weirdness with girls and 2. loves his hair. Jon looks seriously pained when they start cutting it. (It’s good thing they don’t have blue hair dye in Winterfell because Jon would totally have blue streaks to deal with how “different†he is. Catelyn would hate it and they’d get in big fights about it: “It’s my hair and you’re not my mother!!†“I’m glad you’re not my son!!†Rickon would start crying. It’d be a mess.)

Bran is on top of the castle looking at the king’s arrival and then he climbs down the outside of the castle walls. (This was pretty disappointing in how obviously CGI’d it is. I’m sure it’s difficult to get insurance for having a seven year old climb all over things but I was hoping for Aladdin in “One Jump Ahead†and instead you get a child actor climbing on what is clearly a stone set built two feet from the ground. Whatever, Robb was shirtless two seconds ago, I forgive you HBO.) Bran: “I saw the king! He’s gonna be here any second!†Catelyn: “Were you climbing?â€

nd2l1v1325216537.jpg

She makes him promise he won’t ever climb again. He says yes and then she says, “You know what? You always look at your feet before you lie,†and then she smiles at him. It’s one of the more likable things Catelyn does.

The king arrives! All of Winterfell is out and gathered to meet him. Arya is welcoming foreign dignitaries in traditional honey badger custom, by sitting on a cart by herself wearing a helmet.

33pesj1325046217.jpg

Catelyn asks Sansa where Arya is and Sansa gives the best b---hy shrug. Siblings! Arya comes running up and Ned is equally curious about the helmet. Arya’s like, “I’m a badass, sometimes I just have cool things.†Bran is standing around minding his own **** when Arya hilariously shoves him out of the way and shouts “Move!†Bran, don’t stand where the biggest BAMF in the seven kingdoms wants to stand.

Sansa sees Joffrey and she’s totally into it. Robb sees Sansa looking at Joffrey and his face is all, “trouble,†because he is a perceptive and protective older brother. Joffrey is one of those terrible boys who knows they are good looking and gives Sansa a smug “I know you want it†look in return. Those boys all need to be slapped. Frequently.

Edited by King

• Lion Heart locked this topic