💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

hmmm... More exlusive Photos of Season 2 by EW:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20470532_20578535,00.html?stitched

(Click on the arrow at the top-right to see the other pics). Some of these look really nice :) I really like Sansa's 2nd pic.

Vote for Game of Thrones here: http://www.hulu.com/bestinshow

2 clicks away- just a little something to show Hulu who's Boss :cool:

Ok, I'm like on 620 of Feast for Crows on some Victarion chapter... I seriously could care less about the Greyjoys tbh. The only one I care for is Theon, but he's not in this book. It looks like things are finally picking up on everyone else's chapters though.

I can't believe Community beat out 30 Rock. :cry:

At least GoT is killing it!

I really enjoyed the Kingsmoot chapters. To each his own, I suppose.

I read the Kindle versions of the books though so I'm not sure what page I'm on. I'm 67% through though on a Theon chapter. Not interested in his chapters, tbh. He kind of annoys me in this book. The only Greyjoy I like is the Damphair.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

I can't believe Community beat out 30 Rock. :cry:

At least GoT is killing it!

I really enjoyed the Kingsmoot chapters. To each his own, I suppose.

I read the Kindle versions of the books though so I'm not sure what page I'm on. I'm 67% through though on a Theon chapter. Not interested in his chapters, tbh. He kind of annoys me in this book. The only Greyjoy I like is the Damphair.

All of these Greyjoy's confuse me tbh. I'm re-reading the first book as well: wow so many things changed from the HBO version. I completely forgot about the Robb and Joffrey confrontation and Arya watching them fight along with Jon. Other things they changed: the Dinner the Starks and the Lannisters have: in the books the Starks and the Lannisters enter the dining hall: Ned w/ Cersei; Robert with Catelyn; Robb w/ Myrcella; Arya w/ Tommen; and Sansa w/Joffrey. Dammit- why couldn't this season have more than 10 episodes :cry: I also noticed how Arya and Jon are very similiar: they both took after the "Stark' look, while the rest appear more "Tully". Also:

LOST ANGELES, March 15 (Reuters) - HBO's award-winning fantasy drama "Game of Thrones" has earned a new crown: the largest first-week DVD sales among any series in the cable network's history.

Season one DVD sales reached about 350,000 units in the first seven days following its March 6 release, the network said on Thursday. That pace ranks ahead of other popular HBO series including "The Sopranos," "Sex and the City" and "True Blood."

The DVD sales indicate strong interest in "Game of Thrones" ahead of the second season, which starts April 1.

The "Game of Thrones" news comes as HBO battles the backlash from its cancellation of the show "Luck," produced by series star Dustin Hoffman, after the death of a third horse on the show.

"Game of Thrones" tells the story of clashes among seven noble families seeking control of the fictional medieval region of Westeros. The series is derived from the five best-selling novels by George R.R. Martin and became a hit when it debuted last year. The show averaged 9.3 million viewers during its first season, ranking fourth among all series in the network's history.

The series earned critical acclaim and a supporting actor Emmy for Peter Dinklage, who plays the clever but rude Tyrion, among other awards. HBO is a unit of Time Warner.

The program also set an HBO series record for sales of digital downloads from outlets such as iTunesapple, the network said, but it did not provide figures.

"What we are seeing is 'Game of Thrones' being a hit across all platforms-network, disc and digital," said Henry McGee, president of HBO Home Entertainment.

Awesome! :clap: Hopefully this is a good indication that there will be more seasons for Game of Thrones

Edited by King
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

All of these Greyjoy's confuse me tbh. I'm re-reading the first book as well: wow so many things changed from the HBO version. I completely forgot about the Robb and Joffrey confrontation and Arya watching them fight along with Jon. Other things they changed: the Dinner the Starks and the Lannisters have: in the books the Starks and the Lannisters enter the dining hall: Ned w/ Cersei; Robert with Catelyn; Robb w/ Myrcella; Arya w/ Tommen; and Sansa w/Joffrey. Dammit- why couldn't this season have more than 10 episodes :cry: I also noticed how Arya and Jon are very similiar: they both took after the "Stark' look, while the rest appear more "Tully". Also:

Awesome! :clap: Hopefully this is a good indication that there will be more seasons for Game of Thrones

They would have confused me too if I didn't have that Wiki of Ice and Fire site. Potential threat of spoilers on there, but I don't really care. I'll be reading the books anyway so what's the difference if I accidentally find out something beforehand? :P

Hm, never really thought of differences like that from the first book. They generally stayed pretty true to it though. I don't see myself rereading them. I have way to many books on my to-read list. I also have a New Year's Resolution of finishing 20 books and so far I've only read 2. :ohno:

Let's hope it stays on. I'm a little worried about the show for several reasons: 1) like the series Rome, there could be budgetary issues. That show was incredibly popular but waaay too expensive to film, which GoT is as well. 2) Like Camelot, there could be scheduling conflicts with the actors. I wouldn't worry about that too much though since none of the actors in this are huge (at least now without Sean Bean). And finally, the one that worries me most is 3) the fact that this show puts pressure on Martin to write and release the books faster, and that man does not respond well to pressure. So what will happen once the show catches up to the books? Only time will tell.

Cat's hatred for Jon really pisses me off.

Cat: Jon.

Me: OMFG IS SHE GOING TO BE NICE TO HIM? SHE SAID HIS NAME OMFG OMFG WJ J$@ 33k

Cat: It (Bran's falling) should have been you.

Me: asdfghefjowfo I CANNOT WITH THIS BITCH. asqdfghjfe2ife

I already watched the show, so I should have expected that, but I thought maybe the book might have had a slight change to that, but no. lol. Sigh.

I can't wait to watch my blu-ray after I finish this first book.

The audio commentary seems hilarious.

aE2PV.png

Oh, Lena. :toofunny:

Edited by Rito

Lion Heart

Let's hope it stays on. I'm a little worried about the show for several reasons: 1) like the series Rome, there could be budgetary issues. That show was incredibly popular but waaay too expensive to film, which GoT is as well. 2) Like Camelot, there could be scheduling conflicts with the actors. I wouldn't worry about that too much though since none of the actors in this are huge (at least now without Sean Bean). And finally, the one that worries me most is 3) the fact that this show puts pressure on Martin to write and release the books faster, and that man does not respond well to pressure. So what will happen once the show catches up to the books? Only time will tell.

hmm.. I found this (chart)

http://7kingdoms.ru/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/diagramm1.png

Rome costs nearly Double of what it cost to make Game of Thrones (at least for Season 1). As long as the GoT series gets strong ratings and good amounts of critical acclaim, I'm pretty sure they'll stick with the series. I think Season 2 will be a Make it-or- Break it moment, but we'll see.

As far as Martin's books are concerned.... well, idk... he has a good 5-6 years to write The Winds of Winter, but once HBO catches up (if they do)- idk like you said. :ohno:

Cat's hatred for Jon really pisses me off.

Cat: Jon.

Me: OMFG IS SHE GOING TO BE NICE TO HIM? SHE SAID HIS NAME OMFG OMFG WJ J$@ 33k

Cat: It (Bran's falling) should have been you.

Me: asdfghefjowfo I CANNOT WITH THIS BITCH. asqdfghjfe2ife

I already watched the show, so I should have expected that, but I thought maybe the book might have had a slight change to that, but no. lol. Sigh.

Eh... that's one of the things I hate about Catelyn; she should be taking out her anger on her husband and not the innocent one. I'm kind of mixed with Catelyn; love and hate i guess.

I can't wait to watch my blu-ray after I finish this first book.

The audio commentary seems hilarious.

aE2PV.png

Oh, Lena.

I'm going to watch some of the audio commentary later tonight :legend:

Just going to leave this gif here..

tumblr_m0s35lYCfQ1qcs2gdo1_500.gif

Wait, what is this from? The new season? I know I didn't miss it in the first. Ooo la la! :wub:

Game of Thrones is like the best show EVER besides MLP FIM. :rollsweat:

Edited by Brony

hmm.. I found this (chart)

http://7kingdoms.ru/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/diagramm1.png

Rome costs nearly Double of what it cost to make Game of Thrones (at least for Season 1). As long as the GoT series gets strong ratings and good amounts of critical acclaim, I'm pretty sure they'll stick with the series. I think Season 2 will be a Make it-or- Break it moment, but we'll see.

As far as Martin's books are concerned.... well, idk... he has a good 5-6 years to write The Winds of Winter, but once HBO catches up (if they do)- idk like you said. :ohno:

Ah, that's an interesting chart. I'm curious to see if the budget increases as the seasons go on, as we start getting into epic battles and all the magical properties. Rome won four Emmys and had a pretty large fan base as well (me being part of the fan base :cry: ), so I definitely see Game of Thrones comparable with Rome. But because this is a book series and they (hopefully) wouldn't deviate too much from the books, it leaves out ending the series early (unless, of course, they decide to just end up it abruptly without closure as they did for Camelot).

I'm predicting that the series will catch up with the books. I'm also predicting that Martin will write more than two more books for this series. I honestly don't see him tying up so many loose ends and finalizing all the story lines in merely two more books.

Eh... that's one of the things I hate about Catelyn; she should be taking out her anger on her husband and not the innocent one. I'm kind of mixed with Catelyn; love and hate i guess.

I'm going to watch some of the audio commentary later tonight :legend:

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about her. I want to really love her character, but her Jon hatred brings her down a few levels.

Wait, what is this from? The new season? I know I didn't miss it in the first. Ooo la la! :wub:

It's from the season 2 character featurette for Renly. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNPDYz7vbxI

Edited by Rito

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about her. I want to really love her character, but her Jon hatred brings her down a few levels.

It's from the season 2 character featurette for Renly. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNPDYz7vbxI

:excited2:

Jaqen looks greeeeat. Really like how I imagined him.

Love your set, King. :wub:

GRRM was only 5 hours away from me this week. :emo: And he was doing book signings, was talking about WoW, and read an excerpt and everything. Sooo sad.

Lion Heart

Agreed ;)

Ah, that's an interesting chart. I'm curious to see if the budget increases as the seasons go on, as we start getting into epic battles and all the magical properties. Rome won four Emmys and had a pretty large fan base as well (me being part of the fan base :cry: ), so I definitely see Game of Thrones comparable with Rome. But because this is a book series and they (hopefully) wouldn't deviate too much from the books, it leaves out ending the series early (unless, of course, they decide to just end up it abruptly without closure as they did for Camelot).

I'm predicting that the series will catch up with the books. I'm also predicting that Martin will write more than two more books for this series. I honestly don't see him tying up so many loose ends and finalizing all the story lines in merely two more books.

That's one thing we need to consider. As the series goes on, there will be more cast members added and things will get really complicated :ohno: Also (SPOILER- don't click if you havent read up to the 3rd book!)

I've decided to believe that the Red Wedding doesn't happen this season: I don't think they have casted Catelyn's brother and father (or have they?), so it wouldn't make sense you know... in the book, Catelyn is locked up in her father's bedroom and she sees some of Robb's bannermen arguing with each other and ultimately leaving his side. Im guessing they're probably building him up some more this season so by the 3rd season's ending, they will have a dramatic finish (ala Ned Stark in Season 1). I could be wrong though :ohno:

*HBO ASIA RELEASES NEW PICS FOR SEASON 2

Gendry:

gendry-waters.jpg

Shae

shae.jpg

Arya:

arya-stark.jpg

Myrcella

myrcella-baratheon.jpg

Tbh, I honestly thought HBO would just "forget" about Tommen and Myrcella. Btw where's Rickon :nails:

Jaqen looks greeeeat. Really like how I imagined him.

Love your set, King. :wub:

GRRM was only 5 hours away from me this week. :emo: And he was doing book signings, was talking about WoW, and read an excerpt and everything. Sooo sad.

Aww :noparty: Hopefully you'll get a chance to meet him one day. I need to meet this man :nails:

Edited by King

Alijandro

Agreed ;)

That's one thing we need to consider. As the series goes on, there will be more cast members added and things will get really complicated :ohno: Also (SPOILER- don't click if you havent read up to the 3rd book!)

I've decided to believe that Robb Stark doesn't die this season: I don't think they have casted Catelyn's brother and father (or have they?), so it wouldn't make sense you know... in the book, Catelyn is locked up in her father's bedroom and she sees some of Robb's bannermen arguing with each other and ultimately leaving his side. Im guessing they're probably building him up some more this season so by the 3rd season's ending, they will have a dramatic finish (ala Ned Stark in Season 1). I could be wrong though :ohno:

*HBO ASIA RELEASES NEW PICS FOR SEASON 2

Gendry:

gendry-waters.jpg

Shae

shae.jpg

Arya:

arya-stark.jpg

Myrcella

myrcella-baratheon.jpg

Tbh, I honestly thought HBO would just "forget" about Tommen and Myrcella. Btw where's Rickon :nails:

Aww :noparty: Hopefully you'll get a chance to meet him one day. I need to meet this man :nails:

2 more weeks :party:

Almost finished now :) (havnt read a book in like 5 years and read the first two books in under 2 months)

I am worried about the lack of preview of the bran/ story with the Reeds ect but they must fit it in somewhere due to overarching relevance and the set up they pushed in the first season with the crows and the wolf dreams.

But I can see how with everything that is going on, that would be the story to drop

especially since last time it was essentially just the wall/ kings landing/ danaerys with a bit of tyrion and winterfell and this time each character having their own distinct plotline

As for what you were saying about Robb's story, i have managed to stay relatively spoiler free (but i do know the major plot point) but i envisioned it as a very cold ending to season 3, not so much the 'look forward' approach that season 1 had and presuming that they will do for season 2 as well (since the battle of blackwater is episode nine, so the 10th will probably be dealing with the aftermath and the way forward for the characters, with some scenes from the next book brought in like last time and some earlier/ less related ones moved back)

One thing I'm very curious about is (Book 2 spoiler)

Theon and Winterfell and Jojen and Meera and Bran's whole story throughout the second book. Jojen and Meera don't seem to have been cast how will Bran's story play out? Will they split Theon's win over Winterfell into two seasons? In Season 2, his win and in the beginning of season 2, his loss?

Lots of people are also speculating about how the third season will play out.

(also massive spoilers about third book)

Lots of people say Season 3 will end with Robb+Cat dying, and then Season 4's earlier episodes will be Joffrey's death. But others say this wouldn't be a good approach, as ending another season by killing off two more Starks could possibly annoy viewers, especially since Robb's role will be expanded in the 2nd season and he could be seen as the new hero after Ned. They say Robb and Joff should die in the same season. :S

Lion Heart

2 more weeks :party:

Almost finished now :) (havnt read a book in like 5 years and read the first two books in under 2 months)

I am worried about the lack of preview of the bran/ story with the Reeds ect but they must fit it in somewhere due to overarching relevance and the set up they pushed in the first season with the crows and the wolf dreams.

But I can see how with everything that is going on, that would be the story to drop

especially since last time it was essentially just the wall/ kings landing/ danaerys with a bit of tyrion and winterfell and this time each character having their own distinct plotline

As for what you were saying about Robb's story, i have managed to stay relatively spoiler free (but i do know the major plot point) but i envisioned it as a very cold ending to season 3, not so much the 'look forward' approach that season 1 had and presuming that they will do for season 2 as well (since the battle of blackwater is episode nine, so the 10th will probably be dealing with the aftermath and the way forward for the characters, with some scenes from the next book brought in like last time and some earlier/ less related ones moved back)

Almost done? You'll love the 3rd book; I could never put it down :legend:

I wouldn't be surprised if HBO drops the Reeds from Bran's storyline. I saw some of the summaries for the 1st 5 episodes and in one of the descriptions it mentioned how "Bran and Measter Luwin discuss Bran's dreams" so... (i'm not sure if the two do this in the 2nd book btw :huh:). The HBO production crew also talked about how the final scene they shot was one with "Bran, Rickon, Osha, and Hodor escaping Winterfell"- no sign of the Reeds at all. Maybe Bran will run into the Reeds later on? Idk..

@ Fey: is this the interview you were talking about? :

*Martin also reads a Chapter from the WInds of Winter towards the end.

• Lion Heart locked this topic