💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

I'm hoping Dany takes the Unsullied at the end of the season, otherwise I have no idea what they're going to do with her storyline. This shouldn't really spoil anything for you, but her story is kind of slow-paced, so I don't even know what Martin will do with her in two books, let alone the show.

And I hear Rickon plays a role in Dance with Dragons, although I haven't gotten to it yet. It's so difficult to juggle around classes and a social life with reading. =/

I'm kind of thinking/hoping she stays in the east. She seems to like it there, trying to free slaves and whatnot. But it's not like I can spoil anything big for you for her, as I'm only a third of the way into the book, and Martin tends to push huge events into the last third of it.

Ooh, I loooved the Prologue of Feast! Also had to reread that one. I suggest rereading it with Jaqen H'ghar in mind. ;) Not that I'm saying the Alchemist is Jaqen, but it's just my theory since their physical descriptions/powers are so alike. I'm very interested to see where Martin's going with that story.

Of the current viable candidates, I'm hoping Stannis, sans Melisandre, of course. I believe Stannis to be the most fair, although harsh. Or a certain other candidate who will make your jaw drop in DwD. :whistle:

Oh ok... Yea, I'll probably reread it as soon as I can- it should definitely make much more sense now. Hmm... I'll probably have to reread all the Greyjoy's chapters as well to make out what's going on and stuff. Who is your least favorite character by the way... I loathe the Bolton's, the Frey's and Viserys but the fool's dead so..

Edited by King
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

*GAME OF THRONES SEASON 1 BOX SET

*In Stores March 6, 2012- Get Yours!

*Cover-291x300.jpg

Let’s get this out of the way, Game of Thrones: The Complete First Seasonhttp://www.assoc-ama...=1&a=B003Y5HWMW on Blu-Ray is awesome. Why? Because the first season of Game of Thrones is on it! That alone means it is worth a purchase. HBO could have just stopped there and been guaranteed a best-selling box set. But they went, “Screw it, let’s load this sucker up with some interesting commentary, some great ‘making of’ features and some truly amazing animated histories.â€

Before I get to what I like about it (a lot) and what I didn’t like about it (not much), I’m gonna break down exactly what you’ll get in your Blu-Ray set. If for some reason you’d like to remain ignorant of the awesomeness that awaits you then don’t read any further.

So here are details on all the special features you will get in the Blu-Ray set (the DVD set does not have the animated histories, In-Episode Guide, Anatomy of an Episode or the Dragon Eggs).

The Complete Guide to Westeros

A comprehensive, interactive guide of the houses, histories, and lands of Game of Thrones. The guide is broken down into three sections:

Houses – Contains six gorgeously animated histories of the great houses as told by characters from the series: Robb and Bran (Stark), Catelyn (Arryn), Robert (Baratheon), Tywin (Lannister), Viserys (Targaryen) and Jeor Mormont (Night’s Watch). Also includes bios of each member of the house and their various servants and vassals.

Histories & Lore – Nineteen animated histories of the Seven Kingdoms, as told by various characters from the series. Certain histories have multiple characters telling the same story from differing viewpoints. Here is the full list of histories with the character(s) that narrate each:

The Children of the Forest, The First Men, and the Andals – Bran

The Age of Heroes – Bran

The Old Gods and the New – Bran and Catelyn

The History of the Night’s Watch – Jeor, Luwin, Tywin

The Order of the Maesters – Luwin

Valyria & the Dragons – Viserys

The Field of Fire – Viserys, Robb

Mad King Aerys – Robert, Luwin, Tywin

Robert’s Rebellion – Robert, Viserys

The Sack of King’s Landing – Viserys, Robert, Luwin, Tywin

Lands – Learn more about the regions and lands of Westeros and Essos in this interactive map.

In-Episode Guide

The same content that is available in the Complete Guide, only accessible via an on-screen menu while watching the episode. The content available changes based on what is happening in the episode and certain aspects are only accessible once they are “unlocked†by the action on screen.

Anatomy of an Episode

A view into how they filmed episode six of the first season, with various behind-the-scenes features and interviews popping up throughout the episode.

Making Game of Thrones

A 30-minute look into the making of Game of Thrones. New interviews with Nina Gold and her casting associate Robert Sterne, Ramin Djawadi, Tom Martin (construction manager), Adam McInnes (vfx supervisor), Jim Warren (animal handler), and others. Of course, we also get quotes from David & Dan, GRRM, the directors and much of the cast as well. Some new cast interviews too, from Rory McCann, Alfie Allen, Kate Dickie, Iain Glen, and Finn Jones. The feature covers all aspects of the production from casting to set building, stunts and visual effects, costumes and more.

More Behind the Scenes Videos

Character Profiles – Short videos where the actors talks about the characters they play. Same as the ones released prior to Season One airing.

From the Book to the Screen – GRRM and David & Dan talk about the challenges of adapting this story to television.

Creating the Show Open – Interviews with Angus Wall and the Elastic team about how they created the title sequence.

Creating the Dothraki Language – Interviews with David J. Peterson, David & Dan and the actors about creating and speaking the Dothraki language.

The Night’s Watch – Interviews with GRRM, David & Dan and the Night’s Watch cast about the history and the ways of the Watch.

Hidden Dragon Eggs – Six hidden dragon eggs that contain cast audition footage.

Episode Previews & Recaps

Short previews and recaps of each episode. These are the same videos that HBO released as the season was airing (and can be found on our season one episode guide).

Episode Commentaries

Ep 1 – David Benioff & Dan Weiss

Ep 2 – Lena Headey, Mark Addy, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Ep 3 – Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Isaac Hempstead-Wright

Ep 4 – Bryan Cogman & Kit Harington

Ep 6 – Emilia Clarke, Harry Lloyd, Peter Dinklage, Dan Minahan

Ep 8 – George R. R. Martin

Ep 10 – David Benioff, Dan Weiss, Alan Taylor

So that’s what is included. It is a lot of great stuff. I’ve been watching the discs for hours and I still haven’t seen everything (have yet to watch Anatomy, the commentary for eps 6, 8 and 10, and the dragon eggs). I could write pages and pages about this box set, but I will spare you and just bang out a quick list of what I liked and didn’t like.

Edited by King

Lion Heart

*GAME OF THRONES SEASON 2: "INVITATION TO THE SHOW"

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfPtTnaDbdk&feature=player_embedded

*This one works.

Edited by King

Lion Heart

* :dies:OMFG!

The Blu-Ray sounds awesome with all those special features! :excited2:

I have it pre-ordered on Amazon.

I pre-odered mine as well- just 2 more weeks :excited2:

Edited by King

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is awesome and so true.

Well, I have HBO, but I still downloaded it to watch it anyway since it's easier.

I'm also buying the Blu-Ray, but yeah.. the last slide.

edit;

OH MY GOD. I just read those advertisements on the download page. Dying.

Oh, and King I love your signature!

Edited by Rito

Lion Heart

*^ lol.

David Benioff talks Game Of Thrones - Season 2

*"There are things from the other books that are brought into this [season]"

* :cry:

*EDIT: Game of Thrones sits with a Score of 9.4/10

*Based on 94, 195 Users on IMDb

*http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/

*:golfclap:

Edited by King

Lion Heart

*LITTLEFINGER INTERVIEW ON SEASON 2

*Petyr-Littlefinger-Baelish-game-of-thrones-20337420-1280-720-300x168.jpg

Standing outside the Powerscourt Centre on a mild Saturday morning, Aidan Gillen cuts an anonymous figure. Coffee in hand, wearing a black hoodie and a clean pair of grey Converse, you would be inclined to think he was teenager rather than a celebrated actor, but the forty-three-year-old’s famously boyish looks are hidden behind tiredness and a wary glower; the flecks of grey in his hair also give him away.

The Drumcondra native’s enthusiasm for his respective series extends to his latest HBO production, Game of Thrones. Having read all five brick-sized novels in George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Fire and Ice series, upon which the show is based, Gillen is an authority on the quasi-medieval kingdom of Westeros and its many compelling inhabitants, and, so far, the television adaptation has lived up to his expectations. “I like the wide scope of the show, that there are so many strands in play – I like that it’s tough, sad and funny. And that it’s all rooted in real human experience with something like magic now starting to filter in. It’s been earned and so can be believed.â€

Gillen plays the Machiavellian Petyr “Littlefinger†Baelish, a far more cerebral, tricky and possibly facetious character than he is used to playing, but he is quick to contest the character’s villainous credentials. “I’m actually trying to get out of playing villains now –maybe signing up for six seasons as Littlefinger goes against that, but I don’t see him as a villain, more a brilliant strategist and survivor in a cut-throat world.†Details of Game of Thrones’ second series are sparing for those who haven’t read the books, although Gillen doesn’t mind giving away a few spoilers. “There’s some strong new characters (there always are with George R.R. Martin, and they’ll just keep coming) – Robert’s [baratheon, former King of Westeros] brother Stannis being a very obvious one to note. We see Littlefinger branch out and go on some travels too, and it’s nice to get out of the house.â€

With Tyrion Lannister (played to hilarious effect by the Emmy Award-winning Peter Dinklage) inserted as the chief advisor to the repugnant King Joffrey, many are anxious to see Gillen and Dinklage go tête-à-tête in a battle of the schemers, however, the message Gillen preaches is one of patience in the viewer. “I have some dealings with Tyrion – he’s really dominating the scene in King’s Landing now … There’s always a lot going on and there’s no rush to pair everyone up with everyone. Having worked on The Wire, I know the merits of playing the long game. It’s more interesting, not patronising.â€

Show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have a difficult task in adapting the beloved fantasy series, and having to condense each book into a mere ten hours of television only complicates matters further. Cutting through the sheer density of Martin’s texts has been made easier with the use of ‘s-xposition’ – a portmanteau of s-x and exposition credited to TIME television critic James Poniewozik. ‘Sexposition’ was common in the show’s first season, helping to make large information dumps seem less tedious to the uninitiated viewer, a practice which did not lessen the show in Gillen’s eyes. “There was always a lot of talk and a lot of s-x in the books, so I guess they dovetailed that way, and it’s a convention that works in TV drama. Of course, I run a chain of brothels in the series, so there’s always going to be something going on, but hopefully, it won’t be too distracting. We have dragons now, anyway.â€

Photoshoot over, Gillen looks relieved and certainly a lot more at ease as conversation turns to TCD student and Game of Thrones cast mate Jack Gleeson (“Have you seen the cartoon GoT on YouTube? He’s good in it – he’s got a big bling chain around his neck with DICKHEAD written on it.â€). Polite farewells are exchanged before Gillen shuffles down the steps and out of sight, just how he likes it.

http://www.universityobserver.ie/2012/02/22/i-did-warn-you-not-to-trust-me/

Lion Heart

*CARISE VAN HUOTEN (MELISSANDRE) TALKS SEASON 2

*Skip to 2:50

*Where are you guys :crossed:

*EDIT: EMILIA CLARKE (DAENERYS) WINS:

*OUTSTANDING FEMALE RISING STAR IN A DRAMA OR SPECIAL

*@ THE 2012 GRACIES

*http://thegracies.or...race-awards.php

*+ If You live near Toronto, Ontario Canada:

*http://paper.li/GameOfThrones

* :cry:

FOR THE LOVE OF HELL, SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING

tumblr_lnhwuuewMI1qhjz5to1_250.jpg

Edited by King

TORONTO OMGOMGOMG I LIVE IN OTTAWA!

:cry: I probably won't be able to go but unfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

And a new trailer tomorrow night? :o

Lion Heart

TORONTO OMGOMGOMG I LIVE IN OTTAWA!

:cry: I probably won't be able to go but unfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

And a new trailer tomorrow night? :o

:cry:

And yes- a new trailer comes out tomorrow at Midnight! :excited2: I'll upload it as soon as HBO puts it on Youtube!

*ACESS HOLLYWOOD INTERVIEWS "THE HOUND"

Access Hollywood continues their series of interviews in the run-up to the season two premiere and this time they are interviewing Rory McCann aka The Hound. Rory talks about his character, teases season two a bit and also shares what’s it like wearing The Hound’s makeup all day. Here’s a snippet about whether he’s read the books:

Access: Did you try and read the books or did you rely on the lovely people on set who are researchers for learning more about your character’s back story?

Rory: I tried reading the book, and I read the book and then I read the next one, and I’ve read three now. I’m staying just ahead of the game… And as for the research thing, on set? [it’s] fantastic… A lot of the time, either [executive producers] David [benioff] or Dan [Weiss] would be on set and [could offer] just a confirmation of what my character was thinking and why he’s doing this and that was fantastic. There’s no guessing. The information was always there. I even went into some forums with the fans. They know the characters so well and I picked up a few tips, a few pointers from them, as well.

Edited by King

New trailer at midnight? So excited! :excited2:

I wish I read A Clash of Kings before this season would start, but I don't think that's going to happen. I had a couple single issue books I wanted to get to first before I started this currently 5 part series.

Going to be starting A Game of Thrones on Monday if everything goes as planned with finishing Looking for Alaska.

Lion Heart

Going to be starting A Game of Thrones on Monday if everything goes as planned with finishing Looking for Alaska.

Alrighty :)

*VOTE FOR THE SEXIEST CHARACTERS IN SCI-FI & FANTASY

Just a little something to pass the time: Men nominated from GoT are: Jaime, Tyrion Lannister, Jon Snow and Robb Stark

The women who are nominated from Game of Thrones are: Daenerys Targaryen and Cersei Lannister.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/02/21/vote-the-sesxiest-characters-in-sci-fi-fantasy/

You can only choose three people by the way. :/

After you've voted for the Men category, click on "Next to vote for the Women of your choosing.

*DAENERYS IS UGO.COM's 14th FICTIONAL HOTTEST WOMAN

I love seeing GoT characters receive recognition from all sorts of sources :golfclap: (This one is different from the one above btw).

*http://www.ugo.com/girls/the-99-hottest-fictional-women-of-2012?page=5

*Atlus offers Bonus Art Book, free with Pre-orders of RPG Game from select retailers

*gameofthrones_artbook_fullglamshot_white.jpg

Atlus, the US publisher for the upcoming Game of Thrones RPG, has just announced that they are offering a free artbook with pre-orders of the game. This offer is for a limited time and only through select retailers. Atlus describes the book thusly:

One of ATLUS’ finest bonuses to date, offering sixty-four full color pages of sketches, renders, photos, and screenshots from the game accompanied by compelling text and commentary from the game’s developers. The book will also include rare behind the scenes materials, like a portrait of the development team signed with a special message from author George R. R. Martin himself. The art book–measuring 8.5″ wide and 11″ tall–is hardbound, meticulously composed, and printed on premium stock, a true labor of love worthy of the series and its fans.

“‘Game of Thrones: Visuals from the RPG’ represents one of the most elaborate, expensive bonuses we have ever offered,†commented Tim Pivnicny, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at ATLUS. “Everything about this premium art book is above and beyond the typical pre-order bonus, and all at no additional cost to the customer. Its larger dimensions, page count, hardcover binding, and exceptional print quality are more in line with what fans would expect from a Deluxe Edition extra or a separate purchase, which is why it will only be available at select retailers and quantities will be extremely limited. The A Song of Ice and Fire series of books and the Game of Thrones TV series are as special to us as they are to the millions of fans around the world; we are thrilled we can offer this unique bonus to complement the first major video game release based on the franchise.â€

*Something for the Hardcore fans I guess.

I love Game of Thrones and everything, but it just doesn't seem like something you can turn into a successful video game..

Going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

Lion Heart

*INTERVIEW WITH ISAAC HEMPSTEAD WRIGHT (BRAN STARK)

*Bran-Stark-and-Hodor-Issac-Hempstead-Wright-and-Kristian-Nairn-Helen-Sloan.jpg

Making his debut last year in ‘The Awakening’, then followed by his role as Brandon (or Bran) Stark in the first season of ‘Game of Thrones’, Isaac Hempstead Wright is a busy young man.

With Season 2 filming and getting ready to debut April 1st on HBO, I was lucky enough to catch up with Wright. We were able to talk about many things, such as him falling from the tower in Season 1 to some of the more difficult scenes to film with Season 2 and how got into acting to begin with. And don’t worry! He couldn’t give away anything about Season 2, so you do not run the risk of spoilers ahead. Here’s what he had to say when we talked:

Have you or your family read the books at all? How did they react when they found out you were cast as Bran Stark?

My mother has read the first two books and my dad is currently on book five. And lots of our friends have got hooked too. I tried reading Game of Thrones, but found it a bit daunting. I’m going to try again when I’m a bit older. We were really excited when I got the part, although looking back I don’t think we quite knew what it meant. It was a totally new experience for us.

How different in personality is Bran from yourself? What brought you to the role? Is it hard to get into character?

At the start he’s a fairly typical ten year old, so not that different from me. Unfortunately, life has some cruel things in store for Bran and he has to endure some extreme hardships. I can’t begin to imagine what it’s really like to lose your family, the use of your legs, and all your security so I’m not sure it’s possible to get completely into his character. But I think he’s strong and intelligent and has a good survival instinct, and a good friend in Hodor!

What is it like having to perform without the use of your legs?

It doesn’t really feel odd performing without the use of my legs but it does make me more aware of how I use the rest of my body.

What is it like working with the dogs? With them being CGI this season, was that a difficult change?

It’s been really cool working with the dogs. The puppies in the direwolf scene were very sweet, and I really wanted to take one home with me. My grown up wolf is called Elsa and she is beautiful. She was still on set this season I’m glad to say. So it hasn’t been a huge change with the CGI additions.

Was it odd knowing you were going into a scene where you would be shoved from a tower? How do you prepare for something like that?

I found it cool as I was on a wire for climbing the tower and then had to fall back onto crash mats when I got pushed out. The stunt team were great – I learnt so much from Paul [Jennings, Stunt Coordinator], Amie [stephenson, Stunt Manager] and Buster [Reeves, Assistant Stunt Coordinator]. I suppose it was a bit odd that someone was trying to kill me, but Nikolai [Coster-Waldau, who plays Jaime Lannister] kept apologizing, and I would say ‘no really it’s fine!’

What was your favorite part in filming the series?

I’ve really enjoyed learning about the filming process. The cameras are amazing with all the different lenses, and I never knew about jobs like focus pullers, loaders or camera assistants and script supervisors. I also love hanging out with the crew and cast. I’ve made so many good friends.

What was your favorite scene to film? What was the hardest?

My favourite scene to film in series one was the wildlings attack – it was really exciting with lots of dramatic action. I’m fascinated by the prosthetics, they are so realistic. They gave me a few spare moulds of cuts and gashes which I was able to spook my friends with. The hardest scene was the execution scene from the pilot because of the weather. It was so cold and the winds so bitter I think it could have reached temperatures of minus 400°c.

Do you have any stories from the set you’d like to share with us?

It’s great fun being on set. There’s so much going on. It’s constantly being dressed for continuity, costume and make up are always being checked, there’s so much technical equipment everywhere and everyone is really positive and friendly. It’s just a really cool place to be. Even when you are waiting in the easy up in the cold and damp, I don’t mind. I chat to the other cast members, play cards, hang out. And this season I get to spend lots of time with Hodor [Kristian Nairn] which is brilliant. Kristian is lovely and a very funny guy, he really makes me laugh.

There are no out takes as such, which kind of surprised me. You watch these out take shows and get the impression that everything goes wrong on a film set. On GoT once the director calls ‘action’ it’s all very professional, no one makes any mistakes. Although, I had a bit of a mishap in the opening courtyard scene where Bran is doing his archery. I had to jump over a fence and chase Arya [played by Maisie Williams]. We were doing lots of takes and I was really enjoying scrambling over the fence, and had just started to imagine I was in a James Bond film when I lost my footing, missed the fence completely and went flying over, landing with a thud the other side. Tim Van Patten [Director] thought it was very funny.

What is it like combining schooling and filming?

I can really recommend combining school and filming! I’ve had lots of time off, it’s brilliant. And my school has been really supportive. They prepare work for me which I do with a tutor or my mum. It works well, so far.

Are you close with the other cast members?

Getting to know the cast has been very exciting. I’m really close to my Stark family and all the Stark household (and controversially, the Lannisters too!) I’ve been very lucky to have lots of scenes with Donald [sumpter, who playes Maester Luwin] who has been incredibly helpful and kind to me. I get to meet other cast members too out and about. Jason [Momoa, who played Khal Drogo in Season 1] is larger than life. He can lift me up with one arm!

It must have been exciting getting your first paycheck. What was the first thing you bought?

Yeah it is pretty incredible getting paid to have all this fun, but to be honest, my mum doesn’t really like me spending my money, because she wants me to save it for university funds. Luckily though, she did let me buy a few things, the first of which was a Canon HV30 video camera and some editing software so I could start making my own films.

Was acting something you always wanted to do?

I never planned on acting. I only joined a drama club because it got me out of playing football on wintry Saturday mornings. I was very lucky to get the role of Bran. My mum said I could only do 6 auditions. I got one advert and GoT came in sixth.

Do you see yourself still acting in the future?

I would like to carry on acting, or perhaps write or direct when I’m older.

And don't forget, New trailer available around Midnight EST !

I love Game of Thrones and everything, but it just doesn't seem like something you can turn into a successful video game..

Going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

Yea.... I saw some of the clips already ( I posted them a while back) and I wasn't too impressed :/

We'll see how it goes i guess. :shrug:

Edited by King

• Lion Heart locked this topic