Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Pros & Cons: GA vs seats?

TopazBlue

Featured Posts

AlphaMonster
2 minutes ago, Batwings said:

Good for you? If you prefer GA tickets, buy them. If you prefer seats, buy them. There is literally no need for conflict or antagonism here.  :saladga:

I was being playful :emma: 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only ever seen Gaga from seats, and pretty far away seats too. I wouldn't want them again though, even if I if they were really close. I've been to GA concerts for other artists, and the energy and excitement all day of waiting is really what makes the actual concert so exciting. When you park at like 6 oclock and sit in your seats, its just not the same experience. Especially for me, as a big Gaga fan, I've never been GA and i've never felt like my experience at the concert has lived up to how much I love her (don't get me wrong they've still been some of the best nights of my life and I still nearly pissed my pants all 3 times). So I got GA this time, thank god, and I'm prepared to get to the arena the night/afternoon before the day of the concert, because for how much time I devote to Gaga, why the **** not?

Front row lower level seats are perfect for videography because the view of the stage is unblocked.  I had such a seat for artRAVE and today I got one for Joanne.

I live outside the space time continuum.

ItsTommyBitch

If you are like 5'2 like me, unless the artist's set up or stage or whatever is flawless, GA can be a nightmare unless you have a hot boyfriend and or sugar daddy to put you on his shoulders :hor:  I went and saw Carly Rae Jepsen in GA and I basically just like, got glimpses of her and it was me dancing by myself to stuff I couldn't even see, which was fine, I still LOVED it, but I spent a good 30 minutes just trying to get a spot where I could see anything all for nothing and all of the assholes around me weren't having it, so it was kind of not as great as it could have been.

In my experience with seats in the past (ArtRAVE) most people around you will get up and dance and its okay. Honestly, if there is even one or two people around you dancing in the seats, the atmosphere feels very comfortable. I know its possible people will be like "sit down!" but usually everyone stands when she finally comes out after the opening acts and if she opens strong, it will invite people to follow strong. I know some songs on Joanne aren't really "Dancey" or whatever, but still :emma: Personally, I'm also okay with sitting from time to time :laughga: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

13 minutes ago, brooklynnightss said:

I've only ever seen Gaga from seats, and pretty far away seats too. I wouldn't want them again though, even if I if they were really close. I've been to GA concerts for other artists, and the energy and excitement all day of waiting is really what makes the actual concert so exciting. When you park at like 6 oclock and sit in your seats, its just not the same experience. Especially for me, as a big Gaga fan, I've never been GA and i've never felt like my experience at the concert has lived up to how much I love her (don't get me wrong they've still been some of the best nights of my life and I still nearly pissed my pants all 3 times). So I got GA this time, thank god, and I'm prepared to get to the arena the night/afternoon before the day of the concert, because for how much time I devote to Gaga, why the **** not?

Sounds like you will have a great time.  I had seats for artRAVE but stood outside with others for a couple hours at the entrance where Gaga was to arrive.  Then stood in the hall for a couple hours when the pre-shows were going on.  It seems most people were out in the hall talking until Gaga took the stage.  In my experience, there were hours of opportunity to meet and talk with people even though I had seats.  There are 15 pics inside and outside the arena here:  https://www.instagram.com/ronkronkronk/

Katie14
12 hours ago, Ronk said:

Front row lower level seats are perfect for videography because the view of the stage is unblocked.  I had such a seat for artRAVE and today I got one for Joanne.

How much was it?

I've always done seats, but today I got my first GA ticket for gaga! I cant wait to experience it. I got the CTM ticket, so I'm hoping I won't have to wait in line too long, since we get early entry. Hope that benefits us and there aren't many so I have a great spot.

Guest ARTPOPSlays

I usually get seats but I got floor tickets this time. I technically got seats this time too but it's reserved on the floor for the show I'm going to. I hope you have a fantastic time!

JesseBabe

I've had both GA and seats for concerts. I think the pros for seats are that you do get a guaranteed seat, you can really show up anytime you want. I showed up literally minutes before Miley Cyrus went on stage at the Bangerz tour and I just checked in and went to my seat with no problem. I think the con is that depending on your seat, you may not even really get to see them if you're really far away. And you might even have people that climb over seats to get closer. I one time had a drunk guy spill his entire beer on the back of my shirt at a Britney concert. Also most of the time people get up out of their seats anyway to dance and sing along so you're really not sitting that much anyway.

The pros for general admission are that if you really love the artist, you're going to be surrounded by like minded individuals the entire evening. It's honestly such a fun experience. Plus you have a good chance (if you get there early enough) to be really close to the stage and a great view of Gaga feet away from you. Yeah you get pushed around, fans get excited, and you have to arrive earlier, but just the excitement and the atmosphere the entire time is one of the funnest things ever. Also, I guess it just depends on if you're around nice people, because if so they may be okay with saving your spot while you go to the bathroom and stuff. I would say get GA if you can!

3 hours ago, Katie14 said:

How much was it?

$251 USD at CITI presale ... with all fees it came to $307.50.  I have seen front row lower level seats at some Joanne concerts on sale for more than $2000 in the after market.  I am guessing they will eventually sell for about $500.  For artRAVE in Buffalo my front row lower level seat cost $252 ($311 total) in the after market but Gaga is much more popular now.  Video I took from that seat:

https://vimeo.com/100648495

highbythebeach

I got pretty bad seats in the Vancouver show (the worst ones section 304 lol) I'm really scared if I'll be able to enjoy the show at all what  are you guy's experience with seats that are like almost behind the stage 

Katie14
11 minutes ago, Ronk said:

$251 USD at CITI presale ... with all fees it came to $307.50.  I have seen front row lower level seats at some Joanne concerts on sale for more than $2000 in the after market.  I am guessing they will eventually sell for about $500.  For artRAVE in Buffalo my front row lower level seat cost $252 ($311 total) in the after market but Gaga is much more popular now.  Video I took from that seat:

https://vimeo.com/100648495

Nice video! I really hope the stage has runways like the Artrave.

Teal Ambition

I never get GA mainly because I'm just lazy and I don't feel like getting there super early and wait in line :sweat: I'm also short, so if anyone in front of me is tall then I'm screwed so I just get seats all the time. I was able to get seats right beside the stage, on the 7th row so I'm super happy!

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Katie14
3 hours ago, JesseBabe said:

I've had both GA and seats for concerts. I think the pros for seats are that you do get a guaranteed seat, you can really show up anytime you want. I showed up literally minutes before Miley Cyrus went on stage at the Bangerz tour and I just checked in and went to my seat with no problem. I think the con is that depending on your seat, you may not even really get to see them if you're really far away. And you might even have people that climb over seats to get closer. I one time had a drunk guy spill his entire beer on the back of my shirt at a Britney concert. Also most of the time people get up out of their seats anyway to dance and sing along so you're really not sitting that much anyway.

The pros for general admission are that if you really love the artist, you're going to be surrounded by like minded individuals the entire evening. It's honestly such a fun experience. Plus you have a good chance (if you get there early enough) to be really close to the stage and a great view of Gaga feet away from you. Yeah you get pushed around, fans get excited, and you have to arrive earlier, but just the excitement and the atmosphere the entire time is one of the funnest things ever. Also, I guess it just depends on if you're around nice people, because if so they may be okay with saving your spot while you go to the bathroom and stuff. I would say get GA if you can!

How early do you have to get there to be close to the front? Is 6 am going to pretty much guarantee you a pretty good spot? I have no idea how many people are going to be camping out the night before (if people even do that anymore).

Archived