💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga & Bradley's 'ASIB' to Receive California Production Tax Credit

Cyber Babylon

Featured Posts

Cyber Babylon

“A Star Is Born,” starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, has been allocated a $7 million production tax credit by the California Film Commission.

The movie, which will mark Cooper’s directorial debut, was one of 22 announced on Monday as part of the commission’s expanded tax credit program. Warner Bros. has set a Sept. 28, 2018, release date for the film.

The biggest allocation went to an untitled Paramount project with a $22 million credit, which will be shot outside Los Angeles.

— “A Star Is Born” WB Studio Enterprises, Inc. Non-Independent $ 7,076,000

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-star-is-born-tax-credit-1201986747/

giphy.gif

tumblr_ofgz8uf7Ex1qff2ilo1_540.gif

Nicogly

**** so that means that we still have almost two years for ASIB to be released?!?! :bye:

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Nicogly
35 minutes ago, Disco Queen said:

Hope gaga is brunette for the film idk why

she will probably be blonde tho, although brunette would slay. It would help the audience disassociate the character from the gaga persona

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Gagaloo911

So does this mean they get to get out of paying $7 million in taxes, and all the movies get massive ones all the time? Must be nice, I don't see citizens getting to do that unless they're filthy rich and work the system :madge:

Cyber Babylon
1 minute ago, Nicogly said:

**** so that means that we still have almost two years for ASIB to be released?!?! :bye:

yes:ladyhaha:

BLACKOUTbritney
3 minutes ago, neptugne said:

Whole budget is $7M? 

I read somewhere it was $30mil, this is just a tax credit on top of the $22mil budget which makes it $29mil all together or it brings the budget down from 30 to 22 because they don't have to pay the tax? Don't quote me lmao I think that's how it works :air: 

Space Cowboy
4 minutes ago, Nicogly said:

she will probably be blonde tho, although brunette would slay. It would help the audience disassociate the character from the gaga persona

True and also every actress whose played the female lead has been brunette for the film but knowing lg who knows. Fingers crossed.. Either way cant wait.

Cyber Babylon
4 minutes ago, neptugne said:

Whole budget is $7M? :emma:

i think the budger of this movie is 40m,but i forgot where i see it

4 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

So does this mean they get to get out of paying $7 million in taxes, and all the movies get massive ones all the time? Must be nice, I don't see citizens getting to do that unless they're filthy rich and work the system

Film is a large industry that makes billions for the US economy. Tax credits are used by all major film markets to compete for money from top studios.

11 minutes ago, Nicogly said:

year and a half and we will still have the tour and trailers and other projects she hasn't announced to fill us in till then

Archived