Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Jakarta show officially cancelled

joeymonda

Featured Posts

The ministry previously endorsed Gaga's performance, citing that the Grammy-award singer would boost tourism in the country.

Ministry data show that around 12,000 foreign tourists from Australia, the Philippines and other ASEAN and Middle Eastern countries had bought tickets to the concert and had booked rooms in three- and four-star hotels in Jakarta.

How many of them will buy tickets again there for a concert, with twin threats of cancellation and violence?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterMarty

How many of them will buy tickets again there for a concert, with twin threats of cancellation and violence?

Fewer still the number of non-native artists who would consider performing there too.

erfaan

you know Gaga was kicking and screaming to do it. but she doesn't call all the shots.

you know Gaga was kicking and screaming to do it. but she doesn't call all the shots.

This!

I'm glad the show has been cancelled for safety of Gaga and her fans, but I do feel sad for the monsters who now won't be able to see her. I would be distraught if something like this happened in England and I couldn't see the BTW ball, so I know how upset they must be. It really is for the best though, risking safety is just not worth it.

display name

After seeing those videos of the fans and the flash mob in Indonesia, I do feel sad for them. I hope they all have the opportunity to see her at a different show of the tour because I don't want any of them to have to miss out just because of one group of ****s.

Lady Gaga’s Appeal Grows in Indonesia Despite Scrapped Concert

Lady Gaga’s Indonesian fans may no longer be able to catch the pop idol live, after her concert was canceled owing to threats from Islamic extremists, but her songs and videos may be getting more attention in the country now than ever before.

According to Google Insights for Search, search queries for the American pop star in Indonesia have increased more than five-fold since early May, when news of Lady Gaga’s concert first started making waves among conservative factions in the country.

The drama over her now-canceled concert may also have had the unintended effect of popularizing the controversial icon’s songs, with “lady gaga songs†and “download lady gaga†also topping the search lists in the Southeast Asian nation.

Among the fastest-rising searches in Indonesia, according to Google, was Lady Gaga’s “Judas,†a song that religious groups – Christian and Muslim alike – have latched on to as evidence of the American pop star’s “devil worship.†On YouTube, the song has more than 139 million views, compared with her more radio-friendly hits like “Born This Way†and “Edge of Glory,†which have 94 million and 59 million views, respectively

http://blogs.wsj.com...oogle_news_blog

RAMROD

Inb4 Gaga gettin a dozen platinum for all her three album in Indonesia.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

StrawberryBlond

Lady Gaga’s Appeal Grows in Indonesia Despite Scrapped Concert

Lady Gaga’s Indonesian fans may no longer be able to catch the pop idol live, after her concert was canceled owing to threats from Islamic extremists, but her songs and videos may be getting more attention in the country now than ever before.

According to Google Insights for Search, search queries for the American pop star in Indonesia have increased more than five-fold since early May, when news of Lady Gaga’s concert first started making waves among conservative factions in the country.

The drama over her now-canceled concert may also have had the unintended effect of popularizing the controversial icon’s songs, with “lady gaga songs†and “download lady gaga†also topping the search lists in the Southeast Asian nation.

Among the fastest-rising searches in Indonesia, according to Google, was Lady Gaga’s “Judas,†a song that religious groups – Christian and Muslim alike – have latched on to as evidence of the American pop star’s “devil worship.†On YouTube, the song has more than 139 million views, compared with her more radio-friendly hits like “Born This Way†and “Edge of Glory,†which have 94 million and 59 million views, respectively

http://blogs.wsj.com...oogle_news_blog

BURN. Looks like the FPI's plan backfired. Everybody knows that if you forbid something, it only makes it all the more desirable. Why else would there be so many practices that go against Islam going on in Indonesia right now?

And they worry about GaGa

Three dead as Indonesia football fans clash

Fighting broke out on Sunday night at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta, where the home team Persija Jakarta were playing rivals Persib Bandung in front of a packed house of 80,000.

It is the same venue where two people were killed in a stampede during a Southeast Asian Games match between Indonesia and long-standing rivals Malaysia last year.

Three people were killed and five badly injured when fans pelted each other with rocks and bricks in a violent clash

police said on Monday.

http://news.malaysia...ball-fans-clash

Gagaloo911

This.

GaGa didn't let it go down without a fight. I'm sure she tried everything in her power to do the show. Hell, she even said she would perform the show alone.

But GaGa doesn't pull all the strings, and it's obvious they thought it it too threatening and wouldn't allow her to perform.

I mean just look at her tweet. She is absolutely distraught and devastated over the show having to be cancelled.

Willeo Soeurs

She did a tribute for all Indonesian fans on 29th show in Singapore and calling all Little Monsters in the stadium to shout Indonesia Born This Way and she apologizes to the Indonesian fans that she could not tour in their country

:legend:

RAMROD

She did a tribute for all Indonesian fans on 29th show in Singapore and calling all Little Monsters in the stadium to shout Indonesia Born This Way and she apologizes to the Indonesian fans that she could not tour in their country

:legend:

That's so thoughtful. That must be emotional. :legend:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

famous

According to Gaga's dancer Knicole on Facebook, they did something special for Indonesia!

1jTtN.png

Archived