Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do I ask my parents?

TopazBlue

Featured Posts

Nickypie101
10 minutes ago, TopazBlue said:

I'll be 17 next month.

Will I enter with just my ticket or do I need a credit card? 'Cause I don't have one :duck: I'll have my ID with me already tho.

I think she'll say yes

Do you have a bank account to buy the tickets? It can be a problem with this whole credit card entry bullshit, what date do you plan to go to also?

TopazBlue
17 minutes ago, Nickolas724 said:

Do you have a bank account to buy the tickets? It can be a problem with this whole credit card entry bullshit, what date do you plan to go to also?

I'm gonna ask my dad to buy the tickets for me and then I'll give him the money for it. (But kinda hoping they reject my money so I can spend even more coin in the merch shop!)

I think I have a savings thing set up but no debit card yet.

I'm going on August 21 (St. Paul)

🌈 Born this way, baby! 🌈 | JWT 💙 Aug 21 ⚡ ENIGMA 💙 Oct 19

If its your own money then just tell them your going. Why would they stop you? 

Im á Katycat on Fridays #tgif

TopazBlue
2 minutes ago, heda97 said:

If its your own money then just tell them your going. Why would they stop you? 

I think they'll be cool with me going, I just think my mom will be worried about me being by myself downtown.

This thread was also made when I was a bit more panicky :emma:

🌈 Born this way, baby! 🌈 | JWT 💙 Aug 21 ⚡ ENIGMA 💙 Oct 19

AlphaMonster

I would say play on their emotions. I checked your birthday, you are still sixteen; that's like the peak of adolescence, best time to play on their emotions. 

If I was in your shoes, I would go and first ask casually not being overly ecstatic about it if they refused, I would play on their emotions like "mom, you know I love Gaga's music (since you said they might be homophobic, say her music not directly), and all my friends have been to concerts, I am the only one who has never been to one, I wanna go so muchhhh." etc etc. Play on their emotions, you are their child, know that there is probably nothing more they care about in this world than you, be pragmatic and use it :firega:

DeleteMyAccount

Ugh... Just come with me. My parents love Gaga and were glad to get tickets for us. 

But really, if you're parents end up being strict, just go anyway. I know that's sounds like bad advice, but disobeying your parents and going to a concert is literally what Gaga stands for. haha. If you're going to be in GA alone, try asking Monsters if they'd be willing to meet up before the concert or something. I've been to concerts and shows alone before (seated), but it's not a big deal. Good luck!

AlphaMonster
3 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

But really, if you're parents end up being strict, just go anyway. I know that's sounds like bad advice, but disobeying your parents and going to a concert is literally what Gaga stands for. haha. If you're going to be in GA alone, try asking Monsters if they'd be willing to meet up before the concert or something. 

LMFAO This :gaycat:

OP: I am sure you'll make friends in GA anyways, none of my friends like hard rock, I always made friends with strangers with strangers in concerts, it's super easy and fun in such atmosphere :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...
BABBLYON
On 2/12/2017 at 6:09 PM, sarahb said:

Maybe try to compromise/reassure them, like say you'll text them every few hours or something. 

I'm planning on going to a Gaga concert by myself and I'm worried about this as well and I'll be at least 22 by the time she comes here. :sweat: 

I’m going alone and I’m 15...kinda scared to see my first concert alone

sarahb
11 hours ago, HAUSofRANA said:

I’m going alone and I’m 15...kinda scared to see my first concert alone

You should be fine :hug:It's better to go alone than say, with someone that doesnt want to be there.

You could see if you could meet up with some people from GGD if you wanted to, or talk to the people around you. 

moonpig8400

good luck ! don't be too worried about being in the concert alone, i go by myself to concerts all the time which i find to be fine as you are watching/observing/there for Gaga rather than the expectation to be a social butterfly at a party ! Maybe get chatting with some other lil monsters, I'm sure some will chat with you too ! ;D

Maybe if your mom is worried about you going downtown she could go with you? 

Or be safe and try assure them you will be fine !

Good luck I'm sure it will work out :)

ill be going by myself in London ! (my friends can't afford) 

Archived