game

GGD'S Pokemon World: Kanto [CHALLENGE #4: TO THE TOP OF THE TREE!]

DiegoMonster

Featured Posts

DiegoMonster

DF3NP3W.gif

Hello fellow Pokemon trainers, and welcome to Pokemon World

Professor_Kukui.png

Let me introduce myself; I am professor Diego and I came all way from the Kanto region to bring you this new game that will take you to a whole new Pokemon Adventure! My job is to guide you throughout the entire season by mentoring and challenging each one of you until only ONE becomes the Champion of Kanto! But, sssshh! Since I can't give you a lot of details about our upcoming challenges, I will tell you about the game's consistency:

Pokemon World is an idea I had several months ago; inspired by GGD's HouseCup, past tournaments, the entire Pokemon franchise itself, and with the help of flawless member @Florian - will include a total of 7 weekly challenges, daily mini-games and tons, TONS of Pokemon Battles! For our first season, we're going to bring you all to Kanto, region of the most brave trainers of all time, home of the malevolent Team Rocket (Beware!) and full of dreams!

If you want to join the adventure, you will need to own a nintendo 3DS/2DS and either Pokemon Sun or Moon, if so, please sign-up with the following requirements:
*In Game Name:
*Nintendo 3DS/2DS Friend Code:
*Write your favorite 3 pokemon types from the following list:

Spoiler

Fairy
Grass
Water
Electric
Rock
Poison
Psychic
Fire
Ground

The deadline for the sign-ups is in exactly 1 week from now (Feb. 13th); and as the first challenge arrives, I'll give you full details 
about what you're going to face. 

Do you have what it takes to become the leader of a gym, or even make it to the elite four? Join The Pokemon World!

TRAINERS:

1) @Florian - 'FLO'

fAQZqH7.png

TRAINER INFO:

Spoiler

Current Teams:

Water:
*Starmie
*Ludicolo
*Lanturn
*Gyarados

Badges:
*Cascade Badge

Passes:
*none

2) @PartySick - 'Julio'

4BAiAf0.png

TRAINER INFO:

Spoiler

Current Teams:

Fire:
*Blaziken
*Arcanine
*Camerupt
*Charizard

Badges:
*Volcano Badge

Passes:
*none

3) @Helios - 'Mint'

jhsLJls.png

TRAINER INFO:

Spoiler

Current Teams:

Fairy:
*Klefki
*Togekiss
*Azumarill
*Mimikyu

Badges:
*Fairy Badge

Passes:
*none

4) @Dayfid - 'Dayfid'

7oH4OaY.png

TRAINER INFO:

Spoiler

Current Teams:

Grass:
*Ferrothorn
*Decidueye
*Tangrowth
*Venusaur

Badges:
*Rainbow Badge

Passes:
*none

5) @Logan - 'Logan'

f2CnoV0.png

TRAINER INFO:

Spoiler

Current Teams:

Psychic:
*Espeon
*Alakazam
*Slowbro
*Metagross

Badges:
*Marsh Badge

Passes:
*none

6) @jujubae - 'Juju'

j1YA605.png

TRAINER INFO:

Spoiler

Current Teams:

Poison:
*Scolipede
*Dragalge
*Crobat
*Nidoqueen

Badges:
*Soul Badge

Passes:
*none

7) @DiegoMonster - 'Diego'

zpCRZnq.png

TRAINER INFO:

Spoiler

Current Teams:

Electric:
*Raichu (Alolan Form)
*Rotom-W
*Magnezone
*Manectric

Badges:
*Thunder Badge

Passes:
*none

CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHSCORES

Place (&LW), trainer's namelast week's points, total points

1) (=) PartySick - 10 - 85
2) (=) Florian - 10 - 76
2) (=) Dayfid - 10 - 76
4) (-2) jujubae - 10 - 68

--
5) (-3) DiegoMonster - 10 - 60
                --
6) (-4) Logan - 10 - 20
7) (=) Helios - 10 - 10

LEADERSHIP CHART

Cerulean City's GYM (Cascade Badge) 40px-Cascade_Badge.png

Spoiler

Place, trainer's nametotal leadership points

1) Florian - 100 LPs

Vermilion City's GYM (Thunder Badge) 40px-Thunder_Badge.png

Spoiler

1) DiegoMonster - 100 LPs

Celadon City's GYM (Rainbow Badge) 40px-Rainbow_Badge.png

Spoiler

1) Dayfid - 100 LPs
2) Florian -  0 LPs

Fuchsia City's GYM (Soul Badge) 40px-Soul_Badge.png

Spoiler

1) Jujubae - 100 LPs
2) PartySick - 0 LPs

Saffron City's GYM (Marsh Badge) 40px-Marsh_Badge.png

Spoiler

1) Logan - 100 LPs
2) Jujubae - 0 LPs

Cinnabar Island's GYM (Volcano Badge) 40px-Volcano_Badge.png

Spoiler

1) PartySick - 100 LPs
2) DiegoMonster - 0 LPs

Lavender Town's GYM (Fairy Badge) 40px-Fairy_Badge.png

Spoiler

1) Helios - 100 LPs
2) Logan - 0 LPs

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiegoMonster

'Gym Battles Feature'

Spoiler

'Gym Battles' feature will allow you to battle every gym in Kanto, BUT, there's a general rule that has to be strictly followed: in order to battle other ones, you will have to create a 4-pokemon team of the same type and declare a battle against it's leader. By doing so, you'll earn leadership points and if you reach a certain limit, you can overtake the current commander. Every GYM will have its own Leadership Chart, which will show current trainers' points, Please NOTE that the championship chart is the general one (which is already in the OP with your general points) and the leadership chart is the GYM one, which will also contribute towards your general score. For more info check the 'Leadership Chart & Points Info' at the end of the post.

Let me give you an example:

Florian officially declared a battle against the Thunder Gym, which is the one I have the badge of. He must have already 4 creates 4 electric pokemon and registered them by PMing the host with them. When you register any to the game, your name will be added to the respective leadership chart, starting with 0 points.

I will have 72 hours to answer the call and by doing so we will battle. If he wins, he'll get 15 points in the Thunder Gym Leadership Chart and I'll lose 10. It will be the same for every other chart.

'Leadership Chart & Points Info'

Spoiler

Why is the 'Leadership Chart' useful?
You will win extra championship points depending on your performances in the gyms. Example: if you have 80 points in water, 20 in fire and 45 in grass, you would win 80+45+20/10 points = 14,5 points. This will happen after the main rewards ceremony. Also, for each gym badge you own, you'll get extra points at the end of the week.

*Original leaders start with 100 points.
*Leaders can lose their leadership below 75 points AND defeated by a trainer (Will remain leaders until defeated, even if below 75 points)
*Once a trainer has defeated a leader or another trainer, he can start growing up leadership points to become the new leader
*Changing a pokemon from your current team costs you 8 points if leader, 4 if trainer.
*if a trainer gets 100 points in any gym, and the leader has less than 75 points, trainer becomes leader automatically, even if the leader hasnt been defeated by him.
*Trainer cannot fight the leader if there are other trainers in the leaderboard between him and the leader. 
Example: There are 3 trainers and the leader in the Viridian City Gym, first with 20, second 20 and third 40; the one with 20 CANNOT fight the leader but the one with 40 can. Trainers can fight each others to win leadership points.
*You can't register a team if one of your pokemon is the same as the leaders'. Same with changing Pokemon.
*You can declare a battle once your team is registered and approved by the host. The rival will have 72 hours to answer the call and if they doesnt, they automatically lose 10 leadership points, you win 10. If the battle is done normally, follow the same victory/lose rules.

CHALLENGE #1: LEADER OF KANTO -completed-

mNcMj8S.png

Your task is to create a 4-pokemon team of the given type, depending on the gym you got, for competitive play. You can have any different secondary or first type. After creating your team, you'll post it in the thread and the challenge will be done. all Ultra Beast, Legendary, Tapu's and Mythical Pokemon are banned.

CHALLENGE #2: PROTECT YOUR GYM! -completed-

x7Nto5x.png

PART 1: The first task is to test your skills and battle both of your non-super-effective rivals. Here is the full list of battles this week, resulting in 2 battles per trainer:

Florian (Water) vs. Helios (Fairy)
Helios (Fairy) vs. PartySick (Fire)
PartySick (Fire) vs. Logan (Psychic)
Logan (Psychic) vs. Dayfid (Grass)
Dayfid (Grass) vs. DiegoMonster (Electric)
DiegoMonster (Electric) vs. jujubae (Poison)
jujubae (Poison) vs. Florian (Water).

You must record every battle with the VS Recorder and send the link in a PM.

PART 2: Your second task is to create another 4-pokemon team based on the other favorite types you wrote in your sign-ups. Here are the teams you have to create:

Helios was given the electric type.
Logan was given the fairy type.
Florian was given the grass type.
Jujubae was given the psychic type.
PartyStick was given the poison type.
Dayfid was given the water type.
DiegoMonster was given the fire type.

When your teams are ready, use the same pm we have to post your entries, and the second part of the challenge will be done.

Results: 

Spoiler

PART 1:

Florian (Water) vs. Helios (Fairy)
The battle between Florian and Helios wasn't submitted due to Helios' inactivity, 
Florian was declared winner by default, winning the first 5 CPs of the round.

Helios (Fairy) vs. PartySick (Fire)
The battle between Helios and PartySick wasnt submitted due to Helios' inactivity,
PartySick was declared winner by default, winning 5 CPs.

PartySick (Fire) vs. Logan (Psychic)
The battle between PartySick and Logan was submitted.
PartySick was declared victorious! He won 5 CPs.
Battle Code: ZDYG-WWWW-WWW5-N2RS

Logan (Psychic) vs. Dayfid (Grass)
The battle between Logan and Dayfid was submitted.
Logan was declared victorious! He won another 5 CPs.
Battle Code: JYQW-WWWW-WWW5-MECA

Dayfid (Grass) vs. DiegoMonster (Electric)
The battle between Dayfid and DiegoMonster was submitted.
Dayfid was declared victorious! He won 5 CPs.
Battle Code: WX7W-WWWW-WWW5-RPF8

DiegoMonster (Electric) vs. jujubae (Poison).
The battle between DiegoMonster and jujubae was submitted.
DiegoMonster was declared victorious! He won 5 CPs.
Battle Code: 97VG-WWWW-WWW5-RPES

jujubae (Poison) vs. Florian (Water).
The battle between jujubae and Florian was submitted.
jujubae was declared victorious! He won 5 CPs.
Battle Code: 2PZG-WWWW-WWW5-P3AR

PART 2:

@Helios was given the electric type. He didn't submit any pokemon.

@Logan was given the fairy type. 
His team is:
Mimikyu
Azumarill
Togekiss
Clefable

@Florian was given the grass type. 
His team is:
Tropius
Abomasnow
Whimsicott
Exeggutor

@jujubae was given the psychic type. 
His team is:
Espeon
Slowbro
Malamar
Gothitelle

@PartySick was given the poison type.  
His team is:
Scolipede
Seviper
Crobat
Gengar

@Dayfid was given the water type. 
His team is:
Greninja
Toxapex
Rotom-W
Gyarados

@DiegoMonster was given the fire type. 
His team is: 
Volcarona
Charizard
Darmanitan
Torracat

You all have been given +5 extra CPs for completing the part 2 of the challenge, your new teams will be added to the leadership of the respetive GYMs and as for now, you can challenge current trainers in the same to get more LPs.

Big winner: PartySick

CHALLENGE #3: SCAVENGER HUNT! -completed-
u5kMPXb.png

Your new task is to find places or characters according to the description I will give you. You will be given a list of 30 hints and your job is to find the 30 places or characters. Isn’t it exciting ?! If you’re still hesitating you might like to know that you’ll be rewarded 2 points for every correct answers that will count for the championship score ! Let me give you a short example : if the hint is “A pink-haired girl with pink and white clothes” you should say “Nurse Joy at Pokemon Center” in unison. Please remember to use our PM to send your entry.

Here is the list of hints: 

Spoiler

1) Tons of yellow flowers
2) A Guy in a Tauros Charge Mount -can't be yourself-
3) A swimmingpool
4) Two Machamps Standing Still 
5) A Ferry 
6) Your character in a sexy bikini posing with a Bellossom
7) Two Spinda looking at each others 
8) A beautiful hotel
9) A Wild Lapras encounter 
10) An abandoned Pokemon Center
11) A Team Skull Grunt on top of a red car
12) A white lighthouse
13) Three Pikachu together
14) A lot of NPCs dressed in white, in a very white place 
15) A house that looks like a Steelix 
16) More than 3 Slowpoke together 
17) An Abandoned supermarket 
18) The small statue of a Growlithe 
19) A Kanto Meowth 
20) A Pink Oricoro flying
21) A Vanilish statue 
22) Long and broken stairs 
23) The portal to probably another dimension 
24) Beach with black sand
25) A model of a steam turbine that is moved by a geothermal generator.
26) A Recycling plant.
27) Two Pyukumuku next to a toilet 
28) A long bridge 
29) Happy Tauros running 
30) A big garden full of red flowers

Results:

Spoiler

#1 - @PartySick with 30 correct hints, 0 incorrect, 0 missing. Total points received: 60!
#2 - @Dayfid with 28 correct hints, 0 incorrect, 2 missing. Total points received: 56 !
#2 - @Florian with 28 correct hints, 0 incorrect, 2 missing. Total points received: 56 !
#4 - @jujubae with 24 correct hints, 0 incorrect, 2 missing. Total points received: 48 !
#5 - @DiegoMonster with 20 correct hints, 0 incorrect, 10 missing. Total Points received: 40 !
#7 - @Logan with 0 correct hints, 30 missing. Total points received: 0 !
#7 - @Helios with 0 correct hints, 30 missing. Total points received: 0 !

Big winner: PartySick

CHALLENGE #4: TO THE TOP OF THE TREE! -running-

U2EH3Hn.png

So you think you can climb? A Pokemon Master must have what it takes to defeat ANY other trainer round the region. This time, you'll head to the Battle Tree in Poni Island and defeat everyone in your way until you reach your own peak.

Your task is to join the Battle Tree building and fight your way among other players. Each NPC that you defeat you will be awarded 1 CP so the biggest the winstreak the more CPs you will get. You can use any pokemon you want during this challenge, as long as you take a picture of your peak and send it via our PM. 

For example: I'm at my battle #44 and I think this could be my peak before I lose, I take a picture of my process that will serve as proof that I'm actually on my #44 battle and pm it. I highly recommend you to keep trying your best until next saturday or sunday so you have more chances of winning more CPs.

Remember that in order to unlock the Super Single Battle mode you must have finished the Normal Single Battle (which are 20 battles) and then proceed. Since there is no limit of battles in this mode, you can earn a lot, and I mean a lot if you go far..

Florian

I have no Valentine so I'll be able to start the game on the 14th :derpga:

Sign me up ! :firega:

Fav type : water, Grass, psychic

FLO : 0104 - 4185 - 0598

DeanWinchester

I haven't finished the current game and my competitive bros are still stuck in XY but whoever has Machamp, Conkeldurr, Garchomp, Gyarados, Milotic in their teams have my backing :diane:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

PartySick

IGN: Julio
FC: 4871 - 5647 - 6612
Favorite types: Poison, psychic, fire

I'm a little lost at what exactly this is :sweat: but Pokemon and GGD friends always makes for a good time so sign me up :hor:

🖤

@DiegoMonster I have no idea what you have in store for us :emma: but I'm up for this  :excited2:

IGN: Mint

FC: 3969 - 8954 - 3053

Favorite types: Steel, Ghost, Fairy

Spoiler

it kinda hurts to leave dark and bug behind from the favorite types bit but i have to choose the objectively better ones :giveup:

"Do you have what it takes to become the leader of a gym, or even make it to the elite four? Join The Pokemon World!"

oh my god. is this what i think it is ?

Spoiler

prepare your asses with my fairy army :diane:

Spoiler

cause the rest of my favorite types' armies arent ready yet so i have to go with that one :flop:

DiegoMonster
16 hours ago, PartySick said:

IGN: Julio
FC: 4871 - 5647 - 6612
Favorite types: Poison, psychic, fire

I'm a little lost at what exactly this is :sweat: but Pokemon and GGD friends always makes for a good time so sign me up :hor:

2 hours ago, Helios said:

@DiegoMonster I have no idea what you have in store for us :emma: but I'm up for this  :excited2:

IGN: Mint

FC: 3969 - 8954 - 3053

Favorite types: Steel, Ghost, Fairy

Reveal hidden contents

it kinda hurts to leave dark and bug behind from the favorite types bit but i have to choose the objectively better ones :giveup:

"Do you have what it takes to become the leader of a gym, or even make it to the elite four? Join The Pokemon World!"

oh my god. is this what i think it is ?

Hide contents

prepare your asses with my fairy army :diane:

Hide contents

cause the rest of my favorite types' armies arent ready yet so i have to go with that one :flop:

19 hours ago, jujubae said:

What is this for :oprah: 

I know that you guys have no clue on what is this about, I can tell you that is going to be a very nice experience, it won't be a tournament, the game will be based on weekly challenges that you'll be able to make with your sun or moon game! Be prepared to create more than 1 team tho, more details soon !

PartySick
1 hour ago, DiegoMonster said:

Be prepared to create more than 1 team tho, more details soon !

Oh gosh :giveup:

🖤

DiegoMonster
46 minutes ago, Helios said:

Sh*t ton of homework

or

building teams

Preparing something special for this I hope it works out just fine :gum:

Well we need players otherwise I can't start the game :neyde: help me with promo, I need at least 8 players lol, we re 4 if I count myself 

in other words where is @Haroon !!

Archived