Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Going with a parent VS going alone

nycstefani

Featured Posts

nycstefani

Hello!

This week I got a Come To Mama ticket for the Stockholm show on the 23rd of October. I will be going with my friend who is also a Gaga stan.

I am highly considering seeing her twice and the Copenhagen date is very convenient for me (although I live in Stockholm). However, I do not whether I should attend the show alone or with my mom who will be going to Copenhagen with me. I am thinking about buying a seated ticket because that means I will get to see the show from two perspectives (since I have CTM for the show two days after) and because I would not be able to get good spots on the floor.

My mom says she will gladly go with me if I want her to, but I am not so sure. She went with me to artRAVE and it was cool but I was only 13 then, this time I will be 16. I also feel like at that exact time I was not as deep in the fandom as I am now. I feel like I would allow myself to really take everything in more if I went alone, not worrying about my mom being there, if you get me. But there will also be hours where I will just be waiting without wi-fi or anything and it would be fun with some company, especially as the arena is outside Copenhagen city and she would just walk around waiting for me in the meantime. 

What would you guys recommend me doing?

SpookyKid

Well, I went to the BTWB with my sister but I wish I had gone alone really, I couldn't enjoy the show 100% because I was watching out for her (in the pit)

But if you have seats I think it's cool as long as she likes Gaga and isn't complaining

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

I would say go with your mom if you guys get along. 

Ive gone to a couple of concerts with my mom and I had a spectacular time. 

mucinex

i'm going alone, i went to artrave with an adult & i regret it but back then i was a little young to go by myself(i'm the same age as you, though i'll be 17 when the concert actually takes place), so i understand. honestly even if they don't mind paying money to go with you, think about it in terms of how much fun they will actually have(?) if she isn't going to have at least three quarters of the amount of fun you'll have, don't even bother bringing her.

Letmelivemylife

I met my 2 best friends at Monsterball and BTW ball so I personally think that going alone/with friends is a great option because you never know who you'll run into lol. Who knows? Maybe you'll meet a new best friend!!!

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

IllumiMark

It depends. I get along really well with my mom and I have been to a few concerts with her, she genuinely likes her (it was not me, I swear). If you have seats, everything will be fine (you'll just have to be there some time before the concert starts). Anyway, if you really want to get seated tickets, I recommend you to bring your mom because in the nosebleeds there are not as many die-hard little monsters as in the GA. However, if you are unsure about it and you just want to have a good time and try to bond with other monsters, you should go alone. 

Shipper

Im flying solo for my concert.  I asked my friends to go with me for so many Gaga concerts in the past but they didn't want to go. 

Now idc if they want to go or not.  I will enjoy the Gaga in all her live glory this August! Go alone! :)

Although bringing an adult with you means you get to buy more Joanne tickets.  :giggle:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Katie14

Im going alone. I went to a C2C concert with my Dad and Im really glad I did because now he respects Gaga and defends and compliments her when my Mom insults her. Before the concert, he didn't respect her at all. It doesn't sound like you have this issue though. Im excited to go alone because i want to meet some non virtual Gaga fans. If I had someone with me, i wouldn't be as open to talking to new people. 

Emigrante

I would love to go with my mom. I will convince her to go with me, although she wanted to go to artrave with me. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

nycstefani

Thank you for all the inputs! I do get along very well with my mom and she seems to like Gaga, but she likes most artists so for her it's not as special.

I just feel like it is to... personal? I guess? For me to bring her, idk it feels a bit weird.

I would love to meet new friends at the show but as someone pointed out, more hardcore monsters tend to be on the floor.

I'm just not sure if I would be allowed to be on the floor alone, I also would not want to waste a whole day queuing when I could enjoy Copenhagen so I am not sure if it is worth it or not, hence I thought about getting seated tickets instead. Is this a bad idea? Should I try to convince mom to let me get a GA ticket instead, or is it good to have seen the show from different views?

(also I'm about 171 cm so I am not a giant but I definitely would not disappear in the crowd either)

IllumiMark
55 minutes ago, nycstefani said:

Thank you for all the inputs! I do get along very well with my mom and she seems to like Gaga, but she likes most artists so for her it's not as special.

I just feel like it is to... personal? I guess? For me to bring her, idk it feels a bit weird.

I would love to meet new friends at the show but as someone pointed out, more hardcore monsters tend to be on the floor.

I'm just not sure if I would be allowed to be on the floor alone, I also would not want to waste a whole day queuing when I could enjoy Copenhagen so I am not sure if it is worth it or not, hence I thought about getting seated tickets instead. Is this a bad idea? Should I try to convince mom to let me get a GA ticket instead, or is it good to have seen the show from different views?

(also I'm about 171 cm so I am not a giant but I definitely would not disappear in the crowd either)

The seated vs. non-seated tickets thing depends on the show, really. (And on you, once again). For example, for the artRave some people preferred to rave their hearts out on the floor, others (like me) who had a seated ticket could enjoy the show as a whole, seeing the whole flawless stage + the lights (I didn't get confetti tho :giveup:). But well if you already have GA tickets for a show, I'd recommend you to get seated tickets for that one so you can enjoy your day in Copenhagen (oh it's a city that I've always wanted to visit). Enjoy + have fun :hug:

Glitter Stick

Me and my friend are going to this show. We'll probably line up pretty early to get good spots so if you don't wanna go by yourself you can always join us :unicorn:

Letmelivemylife
30 minutes ago, Glitter Stick said:

Me and my friend are going to this show. We'll probably line up pretty early to get good spots so if you don't wanna go by yourself you can always join us :unicorn:

I think the bonding with the fellow monsters is the best part :kara:. I met my best friend Mandy at the Monsterball. She told me she liked my shoes and I said I liked her jacket. We went out for ice cream after the show and the rest is history haha. Are you guys gonna camp out? I was suprised by how many people had set up tents and lawn chairs for the monster ball

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Archived