💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Dear White People

VTV

Featured Posts

Just now, Gaga Monster said:

And guess what, black people aren't being oppressed that much anymore either! Enough with the victim card. The president was black, the richest couple (Beyonce and Jay Z) are black, heads of companies are black, managers are black, teachers are black, some of the most important and influencal people are black. 

This whole hating on white people trend needs to stop, it is not going to fix the problems the black community faces today 

The president was black...Ok? Did you not see how Republicans treated him for 8 years? Yikes. Not pretty. You're hurting your argument. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, Gaga Monster said:

And guess what, black people aren't being oppressed that much anymore either! Enough with the victim card. The president was black, the richest couple (Beyonce and Jay Z) are black, heads of companies are black, managers are black, teachers are black, some of the most important and influencal people are black. 

This whole hating on white people trend needs to stop, it is not going to fix the problems the black community faces today 

Again, I totally see where you are coming from. But black people are still very oppressed. The movie isn't aimed to hate on white people. It's more like "Hey you guys, you say some stuff that is really offensive and we thought we should let you know. Let's make a satire comedy about it."

Gaga Monster
Just now, Logan said:

The president was black...Ok? Did you not see how Republicans treated him for 8 years? Yikes. Not pretty. You're hurting your argument. 

They did what every opposing political party does every time, not support there presidency and what they stand for. 

Republicans supported Ben Carson and Allen West, two black conservatives and support black conservative spokeswomen, Diamond and Silk.

There are racists on both sides. There are racists on the republican side and there are racists on the democrat side, racism will never be fully eliminated in a while

GGD Presidential Elections

BlingNotTheMusic
6 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

I don't get the hate, they didn't mock "white" people, they're just calling out **** that actually happens to the black community. 

Thank you! :golfclap:

DrewStevens
3 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

Except I'm white and I think the movie is ****ing hilarious. 

I see where you are coming from but this movie (and show) are based on things that white people mostly just don't get. For example:

white people say

"Can I touch your hair?"

"Oh so you're black but, you're not like ghetto"

"I mean he was black but, he talked really white. You know...educated. "

Etc. 

"She is pretty for a black girl" :madge:

"I can't be racist, I have a black friend" :awkney:

I cringe every time someone says things like that. 

BlingNotTheMusic
6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

We are all equal but historically not all people are TREATED equally. All people are still not treated equally. 

White people in America are at the top of the food chain. Apparently the show is satire. It's comedy. Based on what some white people say. Whites are not being threatened. 

Meanwhile blacks were enslaved and segregated from society for far too long. It would not be the same if they made a Dear Black People. 

I know people are gonna quote me and disagree but I stand firm in my belief as a minority living in the US. 

#ImWithYou

kevinthesheep
1 minute ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

White people haven't been oppressed for hundreds of years. And yes, there's a difference. I'm white and I have a diverse group of friends. We all have seen this movie and we get it. Some people won't and it's ok. Seriously, no shade. 

I totally agree, the way black people were (and in some cases still are) treated in america is a disgrace, i don't think any rational human being doesn't agree with this. But this kind of bullshit doesn't solve anything and only drives people apart. It goes completely against what MLK stood for only 50 years ago and shoves people into categories based on their skin colour and heritage. Why the **** should white people feel bad for something that happened in the past? Like.. my ancestors are Sicilian and i could sit here arguing about them being forced into slavery and being slaughtered by whites... but it doesn't matter now. The hypocrisy makes me so ****ing mad and if the same thing can't be said on the other side (dear black people... could you imagine a tv series like that?)... this shouldn't exist.

Morphine Prince

"Hating white people" 

Omg :rip:

Who hates white people? White people are the most praised in Western civilization (due to being the majority). 

White people are the standard for beauty and intelligence. Meanwhile other races have historically been seen as inferior. 

I love the non-ignorant white people. Some of the best people tbh. 

kevinthesheep
7 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

We are all equal but historically not all people are TREATED equally. All people are still not treated equally. 

White people in America are at the top of the food chain. Apparently the show is satire. It's comedy. Based on what some white people say. Whites are not being threatened. 

Meanwhile blacks were enslaved and segregated from society for far too long. It would not be the same if they made a Dear Black People. 

I know people are gonna quote me and disagree but I stand firm in my belief as a minority living in the US. 

'All people are still not treated equally.' I agree with you. But how does framing black people as victims and white people as oppressors actually solve anything? This series is by definition racist and only aggravates and drives people further apart.

Morphine Prince
Just now, kevinthesheep said:

'All people are still not treated equally.' I agree with you. But how does framing black people as victims and white people as oppressors actually solve anything? This series is by definition racist and only aggravates and drives people further apart.

Is it? It's a comedy. Some white people do stuff that's racially insensitive to this day. Comedies can be great social commentary :shrug: 

If anything the only ones dividing themselves are the white people who don't get it. 

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, kevinthesheep said:

I totally agree, the way black people were (and in some cases still are) treated in america is a disgrace, i don't think any rational human being doesn't agree with this. But this kind of bullshit doesn't solve anything and only drives people apart. It goes completely against what MLK stood for only 50 years ago and shoves people into categories based on their skin colour and heritage. Why the **** should white people feel bad for something that happened in the past? Like.. my ancestors are Sicilian and i could sit here arguing about them being forced into slavery and being slaughtered by whites... but it doesn't matter now. The hypocrisy makes me so ****ing mad and if the same thing can't be said on the other side (dear black people... could you imagine a tv series like that?)... this shouldn't exist.

It all depends on perspective. I'm white and I loved the movie and am looking forward to the show. Same with my friends, some black, some white, some other ethnicities. 

It brought me closer to my friends of color because it was like "Damn, I knew it was bad but woah. HAVE I SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT?!" Kinda thing. 

And then it started a dialogue and we were able to talk about it and grow and understand each other more. If that isn't brining us together, then I don't know what is. 

1 minute ago, Gaga Monster said:

They did what every opposing political party does every time, not support there presidency and what they stand for. 

Republicans supported Ben Carson and Allen West, two black conservatives and support black conservative spokeswomen, Diamond and Silk.

There are racists on both sides. There are racists on the republican side and there are racists on the democrat side, racism will never be fully eliminated in a while

The fact that you used Barack Obama being president (whom faced racism for 8 years and was questioned on his nationality most of his presidency) and that some black people are teachers and managers as the basis for your belief that racial inequality isn't an issue anymore tells me that I can't convince you using logic and facts. Racial inequality is still an issue; black people still do not have equal opportunities when it comes to jobs or schooling. Just because there's a TV show that pokes fun at white people doesn't mean that white skinned people are suddenly oppressed or under attack. It's so unfortunate how black people have been lynched, abused, tortured and been the victims of racism and racial jokes but the second someone cracks a joke about a white person THEN it's an issue. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt but honestly suck it up. For white people it's so easy to say that everything should be sugar and rainbows and that we should act like everyone is equal, but we're not. We never have been. You acting like we are is making the situation even worse. 

kevinthesheep
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Is it? It's a comedy. Some white people do stuff that's racially insensitive to this day. Comedies can be great social commentary :shrug: 

If anything the only ones dividing themselves are the white people who don't get it. 

I get it, stereotypes can be funny. But all you have to do is flip that trailer around and imagine a white girl listing everything wrong with black people. That's not funny. Nothing about this trailer is funny, it's just radical leftist bullshit. 

kevinthesheep
4 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

It all depends on perspective. I'm white and I loved the movie and am looking forward to the show. Same with my friends, some black, some white, some other ethnicities. 

It brought me closer to my friends of color because it was like "Damn, I knew it was bad but woah. HAVE I SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT?!" Kinda thing. 

And then it started a dialogue and we were able to talk about it and grow and understand each other more. If that isn't brining us together, then I don't know what is. 

If that comment section is what you consider bringing people together, idk what to say. 

Archived